• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
If Ash does go to Unova for the World Tournament, hopefully it will be more enjoyable than the Junior Cup tournament
Ash would probably meet not only the past Champions such as Lance, Steven Stone, Cynthia and Alder, but will also meet up with Diantha and Leon.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Ash would probably meet not only the past Champions such as Lance, Steven Stone, Cynthia and Alder, but will also meet up with Diantha and Leon.
Ash probably won't stand a chance against them unless he uses reserves from Oak's lab

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I don't see the point in him going back to older regions if he's not going to rotate reserves, especially the ones who didn't get proper screentimes in the original runs or those who need to come back (powerhouses).
Well hopefully Ash will use some of his underused reserves like Glalie, Quilava, Gible and get a few evolutions

KenzeyEevee

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
I really understand the goal Gou has, but what Ash is going to do in all those regions is a big Riddle to me.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I really understand the goal Gou has, but what Ash is going to do in all those regions is a big Riddle to me.
If he is still Champion in the new series, then naturally he would have an easy pass to compete in each Region's Champion's League against each Region's Champion and Rival that got there before him.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Same. I'm kind of hoping the region hopping is mainly for Gou to catch every Pokemon while Ash focuses on the gyms in Galar. It would be such a let down if Ash didn't participate in the biggest gym battles the series has ever seen. :(

KenzeyEevee

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
Same. I'm kind of hoping the region hopping is mainly for Gou to catch every Pokemon while Ash focuses on the gyms in Galar. It would be such a let down if Ash didn't participate in the biggest gym battles the series has ever seen. :(
I honestly don't get why they give so less info about the series, if it premieres on the 17th of November

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I honestly don't get why they give so less info about the series, if it premieres on the 17th of November
Tbh, the mainline games seem to be secondary now compared to what we had for 7 Gens. Now it's Go and Masters which are the primary focus for the anime. Despite being new, for a Gacha Game, Masters is catching up on revenue with Pokemon Go. And with possible Gen 8 characters added to it next year, and some Gen 8 Pokemon added in Go, it's obvious to me that these Mobile Games are what the new anime will be advertising.

And that to me, is upsetting and a waste of such great opportunities

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
They might just want to wait closer to the release before giving out big info, which is fine, just kind of annoying for those of us with a lot of questions.

I kind of hope Sunday will bring something new to the table, but since last time it was just map close-ups, I feel the same will be done next time with different regions. :(

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I know I keep saying it but the idea of travelling all regions has potential, I just hope it isn't a let down like the Alola League

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
Tbh, the mainline games seem to be secondary now compared to what we had for 7 Gens. Now it's Go and Masters which are the primary focus for the anime. Despite being new, for a Gacha Game, Masters is catching up on revenue with Pokemon Go. And with possible Gen 8 characters added to it next year, and some Gen 8 Pokemon added in Go, it's obvious to me that these Mobile Games are what the new anime will be advertising.

And that to me, is upsetting and a waste of such great opportunities
There's really no indication that Go and Masters are the primary focus for the anime. It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.

Adelon

Reaction score
There's really no indication that Go and Masters are the primary focus for the anime. It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.
Pokemon Masters is suffering from being a Gacha game which is made worse by people not really finding the battles that enjoyable either. Its a shame, I wanted to see the humans (gym leaders, rivals, protagonists, etc.) get more character development.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Masters is brand new so I don't think that it will affect the anime that much.

SammyW27

♪My Little Ponyta, My Little Ponyta...♪
Reaction score
It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.
Though hey, they can always change their minds and change course later like they've done before ;)

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
This Thread is dead lol.
Such a dry period, I know.

So far I'm getting sick and tired of their recent decisions. It's great if they're trying to make a business move by hyping things up before the release of SwSh. However with them keeping us more in the dark than previous like XY, BW, DP (SM just botched it with too much info). If this is GF's future, then I do not know what to think of it.

Last edited:

Poke Trey

21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
So, are we getting a new trailer this week for the next series or is it a repeat?