• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

    We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

    Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

    We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Joined
Jan 8, 2016
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
1,527
Same. I'm kind of hoping the region hopping is mainly for Gou to catch every Pokemon while Ash focuses on the gyms in Galar. It would be such a let down if Ash didn't participate in the biggest gym battles the series has ever seen. :(
I honestly don't get why they give so less info about the series, if it premieres on the 17th of November
 
Eterna City Gym Leader
Joined
Dec 22, 2018
Messages
4,173
Reaction score
2,494
I honestly don't get why they give so less info about the series, if it premieres on the 17th of November
Tbh, the mainline games seem to be secondary now compared to what we had for 7 Gens. Now it's Go and Masters which are the primary focus for the anime. Despite being new, for a Gacha Game, Masters is catching up on revenue with Pokemon Go. And with possible Gen 8 characters added to it next year, and some Gen 8 Pokemon added in Go, it's obvious to me that these Mobile Games are what the new anime will be advertising.

And that to me, is upsetting and a waste of such great opportunities
 
Cute bunny baby
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
5,340
Reaction score
2,802
I honestly don't get why they give so less info about the series, if it premieres on the 17th of November
They might just want to wait closer to the release before giving out big info, which is fine, just kind of annoying for those of us with a lot of questions.

I kind of hope Sunday will bring something new to the table, but since last time it was just map close-ups, I feel the same will be done next time with different regions. :(
 
Run like the Wind, Raboot
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
17,916
Reaction score
9,667
I know I keep saying it but the idea of travelling all regions has potential, I just hope it isn't a let down like the Alola League
 
Administrator
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
11,146
Reaction score
10,590
Tbh, the mainline games seem to be secondary now compared to what we had for 7 Gens. Now it's Go and Masters which are the primary focus for the anime. Despite being new, for a Gacha Game, Masters is catching up on revenue with Pokemon Go. And with possible Gen 8 characters added to it next year, and some Gen 8 Pokemon added in Go, it's obvious to me that these Mobile Games are what the new anime will be advertising.

And that to me, is upsetting and a waste of such great opportunities
There's really no indication that Go and Masters are the primary focus for the anime. It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
483
There's really no indication that Go and Masters are the primary focus for the anime. It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.
Pokemon Masters is suffering from being a Gacha game which is made worse by people not really finding the battles that enjoyable either. Its a shame, I wanted to see the humans (gym leaders, rivals, protagonists, etc.) get more character development.
 
Young Battle Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
6,978
Masters is brand new so I don't think that it will affect the anime that much.
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
3,555
Reaction score
2,818
It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.
Though hey, they can always change their minds and change course later like they've done before ;)
 
Eterna City Gym Leader
Joined
Dec 22, 2018
Messages
4,173
Reaction score
2,494
This Thread is dead lol.
Such a dry period, I know.

So far I'm getting sick and tired of their recent decisions. It's great if they're trying to make a business move by hyping things up before the release of SwSh. However with them keeping us more in the dark than previous like XY, BW, DP (SM just botched it with too much info). If this is GF's future, then I do not know what to think of it.
 
Last edited:
21 years...... Still here!
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
5,346
Reaction score
2,496
So, are we getting a new trailer this week for the next series or is it a repeat?
 
Eterna City Gym Leader
Joined
Dec 22, 2018
Messages
4,173
Reaction score
2,494
Who knows, they say new news, but it could be a repeat.
At this point, you can't really trust them. Which is really sad to many of us because we are looking forward to the new stuff. They care more about money than their franchise as a whole, and I should've known because I thought of the exact same thing 10 years ago.
 
Last edited:
A Pokémon enthusiast
Joined
Jun 26, 2015
Messages
773
Reaction score
945
Well, first of all the "preview" we've seen after a month of hunger was a joke but I prefer not to get on that really. But then the "previews" we have every week are another joke on the face with the same thing just repeating itself. I can't help but get annoyed the followed pattern here. What is the point of any in the end of the day? It's not like the people in charge are dumb or anything. There is a difference between building hype and considering the audience dumb as hell.
 
Eterna City Gym Leader
Joined
Dec 22, 2018
Messages
4,173
Reaction score
2,494
Well, first of all the "preview" we've seen after a month of hunger was a joke but I prefer not to get on that really. But then the "previews" we have every week are another joke on the face with the same thing just repeating itself. I can't help but get annoyed the followed pattern here. What is the point of any in the end of the day? It's not like the people in charge are dumb or anything. There is a difference between building hype and considering the audience dumb as hell.
Perhaps they're not going to show ANYTHING until the games come out. Same for merchandising and the anime 2 days later. They want to get as much money in one fowl swoop as they possibly could on release day.

It's to try and build the hype, which seems to work for some. But for others, they have only turned away from it altogether.
 
Last edited:
Well-Known Member
Joined
May 13, 2014
Messages
4,838
Reaction score
3,101
So, are we getting a new trailer this week for the next series or is it a repeat?
I would say 60% chance it's the artworks for the other regions, 40% chance it's something new. But first we have to see if Corocoro has something, if there's nothing in Corocoro there probably won't be anything on Sunday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top