• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Who knows, they say new news, but it could be a repeat.
At this point, you can't really trust them. Which is really sad to many of us because we are looking forward to the new stuff. They care more about money than their franchise as a whole, and I should've known because I thought of the exact same thing 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Rockapheller

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Well, first of all the "preview" we've seen after a month of hunger was a joke but I prefer not to get on that really. But then the "previews" we have every week are another joke on the face with the same thing just repeating itself. I can't help but get annoyed the followed pattern here. What is the point of any in the end of the day? It's not like the people in charge are dumb or anything. There is a difference between building hype and considering the audience dumb as hell.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Well, first of all the "preview" we've seen after a month of hunger was a joke but I prefer not to get on that really. But then the "previews" we have every week are another joke on the face with the same thing just repeating itself. I can't help but get annoyed the followed pattern here. What is the point of any in the end of the day? It's not like the people in charge are dumb or anything. There is a difference between building hype and considering the audience dumb as hell.
Perhaps they're not going to show ANYTHING until the games come out. Same for merchandising and the anime 2 days later. They want to get as much money in one fowl swoop as they possibly could on release day.

It's to try and build the hype, which seems to work for some. But for others, they have only turned away from it altogether.

Last edited:

Panky..

Someone
Reaction score
So, are we getting a new trailer this week for the next series or is it a repeat?
I'm not too confident. Their 'reveals' have been irritatingly vague and feel like dripfeeds. Like they're intentionally trolling their fans...

First one was touted as "world premiere" and ended up being an announcement of an announcement. Four weeks later, we got another "major reveal"... of a leaked poster. The third one on last Sunday was similar to the second, except it was close-up images of some regions of the poster.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Pretty much their marketing for everything Pokemon lately has been irritatingly slow. The news drops for the games have slowed down dramatically in the last two months and info on the new anime has been too slow. We know literally nothing other than Ash is back, Gou is a co-protagonist, and it will take place across all regions. By this point for the Sun and Moon series, we knew all of Ash's companions, the whole school setting, and we had a full trailer.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Perhaps they're not going to show ANYTHING until the games come out. Same for merchandising and the anime 2 days later. They want to get as much money in one fowl swoop as they possibly could on release day.

It's to try and build the hype, which seems to work for some. But for others, they have only turned away from it altogether.
My god, you are just so negative.

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
At this point, you can't really trust them. Which is really sad to many of us because we are looking forward to the new stuff. They care more about money than their franchise as a whole, and I should've known because I thought of the exact same thing 10 years ago.
Of course they care more about money than anything else. That isn't something exclusive to The Pokemon Company. That's the main motivation for any business set to make a profit.

I'm not too confident. Their 'reveals' have been irritatingly vague and feel like dripfeeds. Like they're intentionally trolling their fans...

First one was touted as "world premiere" and ended up being an announcement of an announcement. Four weeks later, we got another "major reveal"... of a leaked poster. The third one on last Sunday was similar to the second, except it was close-up images of some regions of the poster.
To be fair, I wouldn't get on their case about the poster reveal. Someone else decided to leak it just a couple of days before the official reveal. If that didn't happen, then that announcement would have felt like a bigger deal. Maybe still not worth waiting four weeks for it, but it would have been more of a shock and we still got at least some information on Go that we didn't when the poster was leaked. That world exclusive premiere being an announcement of an announcement was pretty weak though. As disappointing as last week's news was, I'm not that upset since I wasn't even sure if it was confirmed that we'd get more information in the first place.

I want more information on the new series just as much as the next person, but aside from the announcement of an announcement, it doesn't come off like they're just trolling fans.

Johtohfiller

Reaction score
Pretty much their marketing for everything Pokemon lately has been irritatingly slow. The news drops for the games have slowed down dramatically in the last two months and info on the new anime has been too slow. We know literally nothing other than Ash is back, Gou is a co-protagonist, and it will take place across all regions. By this point for the Sun and Moon series, we knew all of Ash's companions, the whole school setting, and we had a full trailer.
I'm guessing this is a big reason we haven't seen more yet. New Pokemon they can't reveal, etc.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
We already know the entire main cast, I think.

OniCornwalis

Reaction score
So for all of you guys who are worried about the writing for this series, don’t worry. A bunch of writers were hired, and they’re either fresh new faces who are ready to write, or veteran writers who have done a lot in the past. There are two very notable hires;
Yuka Miyata, who wrote a lot of stuff for Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, and Reiko Yoshida, who’s most notable for writing the screenplay for the movie A Silent Voice. (Side note; if you haven’t seen the movie, go watch it. It is most definitely worth your time). With the amount of raw talent, energy and expertise in this writing team, I’m expecting good things from the new series. Here’s the source I got the info from;

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Wonder if we'll see Mallow during the adventures in Sinnoh, maybe finding Gracedia flowers for Shaymin to take Sky forme, would be nice if they don't wrap that plot up during Sun and Moon

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Wonder if we'll see Mallow during the adventures in Sinnoh, maybe finding Gracedia flowers for Shaymin to take Sky forme, would be nice if they don't wrap that plot up during Sun and Moon
And perhaps meet and be accompanied by Gardenia since both of them are experts on Grass Types. You might see how Cacnea is doing as well. But that's if this is going to be a special between SM and PM, or in PM itself. Hopefully the latter since we would like to see TRio in this story. Especially James,

Last edited: