• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
A home based on Kanto seems surprising. New characters looks fine. I wonder if they're truly anime original, or, like Iris, will be revealed as game charcters after all.
Why introducing a new professor in Kanto?
Probably because Professor Oak's original voice actor is dead.
What's with 10 year old girls being drawn with large busts? Some Japanese fetish?
...that's just a saggy sailor uniform. Dirty minds see dirty things, they say.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I'm starting to doubt that any of the characters would challenge the Galar League.

Stuck
Reaction score
The new professor is PokeStop-oriented. That role wouldn't really make sense for Prof. Oak, but it's funny that they aren't using Prof. Willow.

She's far more fleshed out than the other Champions, what is your point?
In terms of backstory, it's Alder. In terms of actually getting involved and not just letting the player do everything, it's Lance. Her role in DP was meager and Platinum only added exposition on Giratina and Arceus, and a bit of bossing the player around in the Distortion World.

Most people voted for her based on her looks and Pokemon. I am not sure why that bothers you when those are the usual parameters in this franchise.

I'm starting to doubt that any of the characters would challenge the Galar League.
It should have been clear for a while now that Ash isn't going to have enough time to collect 8 badges just in Galar. It depends on whether or not Galar accepts badges from other regions.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Google check shows that Sakuragi isn't named after a tree but shares its name with a character from Slam Dunk

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Platinum only added exposition on Giratina and Arceus, and a bit of bossing the player around in the Distortion World.
Perhaps she does this because she cares for the player, and that they’re in an uncharted place? Who doesn’t like a bit of exposition, even if it’s far too complex for us to understand.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It should have been clear for a while now that Ash isn't going to have enough time to collect 8 badges just in Galar. It depends on whether or not Galar accepts badges from other regions.
I don't think that they would.