• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Wait what, I know about the regions thing, is the other stuff actually confirmed, because If so I am really disappointed.
Well... not really, but from what we have seen so far, it really seems that there is no girl for once and the new games will not take a priority as well.

Yeah Yeah Fire
Reaction score
I really want to see an animated trailer soon, because what we saw today was basically nothing.

Reaction score
Well... not really, but from what we have seen so far, it really seems that there is no girl for once and the new games will not take a priority as well.
I have been saying for a while now that showing off the region like they have done in the past wasn’t as big of a priority anymore.

Anyway, I like the setup. Only thing I would change is Gou’s gender, but that isn’t really that big of an issue IMO.

And maybe this means Ash’s rival is a girl this time.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I'm just more concerned of the franchise than anything else. The anime is just a window to their juggernaut money-making empire that's bigger in revenue than Disney.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I have a new theory: What if the anime is separated into two main storylines? One will focus on Ash and the other one on Gou. Ash's storyline will be more traditionally were it represents the new mainline games and where he travels trough Galar, with a girl and a boy companion and earns all his badges, while Go's story is something more experimental and will focus more on the idea's based on the mobile games.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at the minimalistic reveal given how they've been drip feeding us info from SW&SH.

I still have my concerns about this being more Masters inspired than SW&SH, but I'm willing to give it a chance nonetheless.

Not Dead
Reaction score
I have a new theory: What is the anime is separated into two main storylines? One will focus on Ash and the other one on Gou. Ash's storyline will be more traditionally were it represents the new mainline games and where he travels trough Galar, with a girl and a boy companion and earns all his badges, while Go's story is something more experimental and will focus more on the idea's based on the mobile games.
Ash is being promoted alongside Go. You seem them fly on Lugia in Johto and have fun with Mantine and Alolan Exeggutor in Alola.

I think he's going to collect old gym badges rather than just new ones.

Antagonizing members at the Clemens Point camp
Reaction score
I have a new theory: What is the anime is separated into two main storylines? One will focus on Ash and the other one on Gou. Ash's storyline will be more traditionally were it represents the new mainline games and where he travels trough Galar, with a girl and a boy companion and earns all his badges, while Go's story is something more experimental and will focus more on the idea's based on the mobile games.
I was literally about to post this, the idea of a parallel storyline that occasionally intertwines is very much a possibility.
Ash is being promoted alongside Go. You seem them fly on Lugia in Johto and have fun with Mantine and Alolan Exeggutor in Alola.

I think he's going to collect old gym badges rather than just new ones.
...that occasionally intertwines...

Reaction score
interesting! I just want more info for the upcoming anime! At least Ash returns but i don't know the others! He looks nice with better art style! Somewhere between SM and XY! We need some main female characters too!

Reaction score
Neo Blaze warned us in the first post to not let this forum get political. You guys didn't pay attention. We devolved from speaking over this new series to fighting over business deals and money. This isn't the first franchise who's creators had to make controversial choices. Ask again why Disney is doing live-action remakes, or why Teen Titans GO wasn't cancelled due to negative reception.

When GO came out, elements of it were not added to the anime right away despite its intense popularity. Other mobile games like Duel, Rush, Magikarp Jump etc. never got any mentions in the anime. So what makes Masters any different. It's recent, but even when making money, it's nowhere near as popular GO was back in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.