• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
more afraid of you
Reaction score
Well I'm really happy a girl finally got introduced, I really hope she is a part of the adventures and doesn't sit at this home base. I also really hope she has something interesting she is passionate about (and please not be passionate about a boy-we really don't need romance, I didn't completely hate it the one time, but we don't need it again). It took me a minute to notice her flower hair piece, but I think that's really cute, I think her design is good, not too "bland" for some, but not to overdone for those of us that prefer "bland". Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her name is quite similar to Haruka? Meaningless, but similar name to my fav is a plus. Also, I feel the art style does look a whole lot better than last time.

I don't see the rest of this announcement as giving me confidence that I will like this series as much as I was hoping I would. Even with adventure returning, it does appear that traveling may not return. I don't think this was an overly popular thing, but to me it was one of my favorite aspects in OS-XY. For one, each episode started where the last one ended, and even in filler, there were little bits of stuff that made it important to watch in order. A lot of bonding between characters occurred in traveling, a lot of unique places were created, and it had the ability to be just a 20 second part of an episode, or create entire interesting episodes. SM, on the other hand, barely has to be watched in order at all, and this series is giving me that vibe too. I really hope they don't go this route, but I could see them just being in Kanto at the end of one episode, then Unova at the beginning of the next, etc and each episode (or a few) just having a self-contained plot. Also, having this "home base" kind of takes away some of the bonding aspect the characters get when they have to camp out and rely on each other traveling. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel optimistic about this aspect. Not to mention, its Kanto again, good lord I'm so incredibly sick of Kanto. In game, it is literally the most boring region in existence, and it is so overdone and shoved down our throats, when they have made so many better and more interesting locations (not to mention a brand new one that looks really cool that we are likely to get less anime time for than any other).

I feel like, while this won't technically be a reboot, that we will have next to no references to past and that we will revisit areas we have been before and they won't look the same at all (similar to Cerulean Gym). Again I hope I'm wrong, its just the feeling I am getting.

Otherwise, I am feeling a bit better about the series, I think I will enjoy it more than SM, but I still have a ton of questions. I miss the days when I just watched the first episode of the new series knowing nothing about it, but I can't help but look at new info these days when I know its available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
and more details to be revealed today! I don't think it is a reboot and likely a continuous after SM. And can't wait to revisit all regions in the past including Galar region! Can't wait for English version too!

Reaction score
As I know, the new info supposed to be shown today has already been revealed over at Twitter. As these will be simple images, all of the visuals are currently known.

And one of the images, supposedly of the professor's lab looks like an awful realistic mockup.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I'm hoping since we got those short shots of the backgrounds of Vermillion and the new Institue, that it might mean we are actually going to have some sort of trailer today, and those backgrounds were possibly capped stills from said trailer. I just want to see this anime in motion so badly.

Reaction score
I'm not surprised by Kanto as the base, I am surprised however by the choice of Vermillion city. I wonder what's the significance of it.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
I'm hoping since we got those short shots of the backgrounds of Vermillion and the new Institue, that it might mean we are actually going to have some sort of trailer today, and those backgrounds were possibly capped stills from said trailer. I just want to see this anime in motion so badly.
Same here, based on what I've seen, the new series will be exciting so animated footage will be great

Someone
Reaction score
I'm not surprised by Kanto as the base, I am surprised however by the choice of Vermillion city. I wonder what's the significance of it.
I guess because it's a seaside city with access to several travel methods (airport, shipyard, magnet train .etc.)? I don't see any of those in Pallet Town and I refuse to believe they'll be using teleportation... that's extremely cheap.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
If I recall, Saffron is home to the Magnet train but it certainly has a shipyard

If Vermillion is featured, wonder if we'll see Diglett's cave

Reaction score
I've come to make an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement...

Anymore of this and this series might as well be Kingdom Hearts at this rate.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but...What is so hard to understand that we've getting leaks of Sunday announcements few days ago? They don't announce anything new right now because we're already learning it by the leaks! Koharu and her father supposed to be today's announcement. It's ridiculous to criticize the lack of new info, when they literally just announced many important things like Koharu. And even then, after all that, we still got few new things like their voices! And I really doubt that most people here knew enough japanese to determine that nothing new announced about them.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but...What is so hard to understand that we've getting leaks of Sunday announcements few days ago? They don't announce anything new right now because we're already learning it by the leaks! Koharu and her father supposed to be today's announcement. It's ridiculous to criticize the lack of new info, when they literally just announced many important things like Koharu. And even then, after all that, we still got few new things like their voices! And I really doubt that most people here knew enough japanese to determine that nothing new announced about them.
Yeah.

The Sunday announcements are for japanese fans who watch the anime, but are not so involved in internet announcements.

Not to mention that even Japanese fans who already know the announcement won't loss anything, since they will likely still see the episode (there is announcement or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.