• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Reaction score
I still think that people are overthinking about the logo. I can understand finding the use of the logo suspicious since it has been used for the two AU movies, but at the same time, I don't think it's that big of a sign either or makes the idea of a reboot that much more likely. Granted, the information we have about the upcoming series is pretty minimal as it is, but nothing about it really gives off a reboot vibe to me.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I still think that people are overthinking about the logo. I can understand finding the use of the logo suspicious since it has been used for the two AU movies, but at the same time, I don't think it's that big of a sign either or makes the idea of a reboot that much more likely. Granted, the information we have about the upcoming series is pretty minimal as it is, but nothing about it really gives off a reboot vibe to me.
I never said it will be a reboot, just a revamp.

Also the quietness is due to marketing and trying to make this new Pokemon game as your first adventure, as stated by one person on a video. Even if it means not showing the starter's evolution of what Pokemon is not in the games, they are trying to make the games more international and fix up the mess that was SM and past games reveals, since they feel like they've revealed too much. Even before Gen 6 when the games first came out in Japan.

Still Alive
Reaction score
Well, we won't even care about the current marketing next month. It isn't a big deal and they actually did something similar with Movie 20 (no information until April except for the title and EP001 redux).

Reaction score
Reading the Past 10 Pages of this thread its basically everyone saying the same thing in a different coat of paint lol.

x says that the new anime will be a reboot
y says that the new anime won't be a reboot
z complains about the lack of info given
And then there's always the person who is always optimistic.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
The first city in the game turns out is based on Manchester, and if so, then the second one is Birmingham and the third London.

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
Reading the Past 10 Pages of this thread its basically everyone saying the same thing in a different coat of paint lol.

And then there's always the person who is always optimistic.
Top one has more posts here than the next three combined and accounts for ~ 18%-19% of total posts.

Time to Score, Scorbunny
Reaction score
Hopefully this week's info will reveal more than the last one

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
Is it me or does Delia have almost the same shade of hair (not counting the overly glossy version from SM) as Koharu and Sakuragi? I initially wanted Gou to be Ash's cousin but Koharu and Sakuragi being related to the Ketchums is actually a better concept.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on the "visiting all regions" thing. We were also told that SM would be about Ash going to school and "graduating like never before", and that isn't what it ended up being at all.

Reaction score
I don't see how you can doubt that. They have outright said we will be going to all 8 regions.
I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it might not as big as a focus as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.