• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad they are doing some changes, but why has it to be drastic each time they do so?
BTW some people are hysterical, thinking this is the end. It wont

Aren't some pokemon impossible to catch?
Like Zygarde, Xerneas Yvental, Groudon and Kyorge? They are essential for the life of Pokémon.

Well, in this case, not really, since it's been confirmed that there're multiple Pokémon of these species (outside of Xerneas and Yveltal), so it shouldn't affect the life and ecosystem of the world in that major of a way.

Neo Blaze warned us in the first post to not let this forum get political. You guys didn't pay attention. We devolved from speaking over this new series to fighting over business deals and money. This isn't the first franchise who's creators had to make controversial choices. Ask again why Disney is doing live-action remakes, or why Teen Titans GO wasn't cancelled due to negative reception.

When GO came out, elements of it were not added to the anime right away despite its intense popularity. Other mobile games like Duel, Rush, Magikarp Jump etc. never got any mentions in the anime. So what makes Masters any different. It's recent, but even when making money, it's nowhere near as popular GO was back in 2016.

What makes Masters stand out is the use of mainline characters.

Also, having a third character with Ash and Go would have a similar battle mechanic to Pokemon Masters.

But what you've said is true.

Ash might do Galar badges, while Go will do the other badges. I also wonder how they will do Koga/Janine if thats the case. Are they gonna do Janine gym and Koga E4, since we know Brock is replaced with Forrest.

Go is not mentioned to be interested in battling. They specifically contrast the two protagonists via battling/catching.

When GO came out, elements of it were not added to the anime right away despite its intense popularity. Other mobile games like Duel, Rush, Magikarp Jump etc. never got any mentions in the anime. So what makes Masters any different. It's recent, but even when making money, it's nowhere near as popular GO was back in 2016.
It capitalizes on main series characters, so there is zero risk in promoting it somehow in a series about all regions.

Go is not mentioned to be interested in battling. They specifically contrast the two protagonists via battling/catching.
They're obvious they're trying something new and refreshing since the ratings for the current anime since OS had gradually gone downhill. I do hope a female companion does show up for when they travel through Galar. If not, then what's the point?

Also at the end of the trailer, both Ash and Go said ''Let's Go!'' Indicating more evidence to this being more close to mobile than the mainline games.

Aside from all that, here's a prediction that might cheer us up if this is a continuation...

Kanto and Johto: Ash, Go and Misty
Hoenn: Ash, Go and May
Sinnoh: Ash, Go and Dawn
Unova: Ash, Go and Iris
Kalos: Ash, Go and Serena
Alola: Ash, Go, Lillie, Mallow and Lana
Galar: Ash, Go and Gloria/ Bea or a completely new female character.

It would be interesting if Gloria would be Go's childhood friend.

We need some main female characters too!
Do we really need a female lead, or does the anime really need one? In my eyes, a story can also work with just two guys. I'm always so baffled that so many shows are perfectly okay in having just girls as the main center, but if it is a show about boys, it turns into a huge issue for many.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think I would have preferred a regular Galar anime even if Satoshi has kind of reached his goal by winning the league. It would have been more interesting if Satoshi had focused on catching Pokémon while the new guy focused on the Galar league.

Some people really aren't happy with this. Some say that are going to leave and call it trash while they haven't seen an episode yet. Where is your passion, your spirit?
Welcome in the year 2019! People always judge something before even trying or watching it. This happened with S&M and many people hated it and still hate it to this day even without seeing it. This is the reason why it is so hard nowadays to get new ideas and concepts across because people already start to hate on it, when they see the first material.

Ash is being promoted alongside Go. You seem them fly on Lugia in Johto and have fun with Mantine and Alolan Exeggutor in Alola.

I think he's going to collect old gym badges rather than just new ones.

Yeah, I am not sure Ash actually challenges the Galar league.It feels like his goal is Kanto based, while Gou's goal is more global..

Some people really aren't happy with this. Some say that are going to leave and call it trash while they haven't see an episode yet. Where is your passion, your spirit?

Why shouldn't they complain? The show had a successful formula going for it for the past 20 years, then they change suddenly for sun and moon. This alienated most of its audience, and when sun and moon ended up being a failure, what do they do? They do something completely different again. Imagine a Pokemon fan watching since hoenn. Sinnoh showed a progression from hoenn, so they were able to follow the show. But where is the progression here? It's literally just garbage. The original staff and composers are not even on the show anymore. This isn't even the same show that we grew up with. It's garbage and this is going to flop hard. End of discussion

This isn't even the same show that we grew up with.
You're right! Times changed and some of us have just grown up or out of it. I went the same way when I tried watching Diamond and Pearl since Gen 4 was my first games I owned. But after a short while, I just left since they're recycling plots from old episodes from the OS. I only came back because Galar is based on my home country.

You're forgetting also that the true target audience are the children, especially those in Japan. We must try to be mature and move on with our lives.

They're obvious they're trying something new and refreshing since the ratings for the current anime since OS had gradually gone downhill. I do hope a female companion does show up for when they travel through Galar. If not, then what's the point?

Also at the end of the trailer, both Ash and Go said ''Let's Go!'' Indicating more evidence to this being more close to mobile than the mainline games.

Aside from all that, here's a prediction that might cheer us up if this is a continuation...

Kanto and Johto: Ash, Go and Misty
Hoenn: Ash, Go and May
Sinnoh: Ash, Go and Dawn
Unova: Ash, Go and Iris
Kalos: Ash, Go and Serena
Alola: Ash, Go, Lillie, Mallow and Lana
Galar: Ash, Go and Gloria/ Bea or a completely new female character.

It would be interesting if Gloria would be Go's childhood friend.
I think that it will come off as forced if they only bring back the old female companions and not even bring back any of the boys.

You're right! Times changed and some of us have just grown up. You're forgetting the true target audience are the children, especially those in Japan. We must try to be mature and move on with our lives.
The ironic thing about this is that college aged Japanese males and females are the largest demographic for the games - not children. Go figure, huh?

Why shouldn't they complain? The show had a successful formula going for it for the past 20 years, then they change suddenly for sun and moon. This alienated most of its audience, and when sun and moon ended up being a failure, what do they do? They do something completely different again. Imagine a Pokemon fan watching since hoenn. Sinnoh showed a progression from hoenn, so they were able to follow the show. But where is the progression here? It's literally just garbage. The original staff and composers are not even on the show anymore. This isn't even the same show that we grew up with. It's garbage and this is going to flop hard. End of discussion

They changed it because the formula was stale.

And lol at you saying this will flop without seeing it. Honestly, it seems like some of you are upset because they aren't doing DP 2.0 with a Galar paint job.

Wow. The Staff is the exact same of Sun and Moon. Daiki Tomiyasu who was Series Director gets promoted to General Executive Director. Maki Kodaira who was Assistant Director gets promoted to Series Director. Yasuda who designed all the Alolan Girls stays as Character Designer. Shoji Yonemura who wrote most of the Ultra Beast Episodes is promoted to Series Head Writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom