• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Looks like we now know who Leon's true Ace actually is with Gigantomax Charizard, alongside Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. But since Steven's Metagoss has a Mega Metagoss in the
Aren't Gigantamax Forms are limited to Gym Battles? If so, I don't think the TRio will get one.
Gyms and Max Raid spots are the limitations. However Dynamax/Gigantamax occur in rare spots where is a lot of that energy. One person made a speculation that the Dynamax/Gigantamax phanominom is somehow connected with the Distortion World rips.

Administrator
Reaction score
I could see Team Rocket being able to get a Gigantamax Meowth. They were able to get a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal despite not taking part in the Island Challenge in SM. They could easily work around the rules to have Team Rocket be able to change Meowth's form. Maybe it could be the only way Meowth could use a Pay Day like move, especially when Team Rocket hasn't been shown as ridiculously poor for quite some time. Ash's Pikachu being able to become a Gigantamax Pikachu is practically guaranteed though.

Time to Score, Scorbunny
Reaction score
Mind you, if the games are correct in the need for Poke Balls, turning them giants won't be easy if possible at all

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
With all this talk of Dyna/Giganta, I recall a recent tweet from Iwane where he stated that old Gyms need to be improved to accomodate Dyna/Giganta.

"Some must fight, so that all may be free."
Reaction score
So, my friend just reminded me that Professor Oak's Japanese VA died, and well, Japan is known for respecting their VAs so them creating the new anime Professor does make sense.
Except Oak has a new voice actor who replaced the late Ishizuka (and, as far as I'm aware, the new guy hasn't passed away), so that can't be the reason they made a new anime-original Professor.

Time to Score, Scorbunny
Reaction score
With Eevee getting a Gigantamax form, I wonder if we might see Lana and Sandy in the series if it isn't a AU

"Some must fight, so that all may be free."
Reaction score
Aren't Gigantamax Forms are limited to Gym Battles? If so, I don't think the TRio will get one.
That's... not entirely true. Dynamaxing also happens in the Wild Area (in those Max Raid spots) and, if I remember correctly, GF stated (either in the Pokémon Direct that revealed it or somewhere else) that the Gym Stadiums happen to have been built in places that make Dynamaxing possible, so there could be more spots that facilitate Dynamaxing.

So, theoretically, the TRio could use G-maxing. But that's assuming that:
a) Galar will receive some substantial focus in the new series, since that's the only place where Dynamaxing happens (as far as we know);
b) That Dynamaxing and G-maxing will be featured and play a prominent role in the new series;

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I imagine Ash will Gigantamax Pikachu at least once. I can't see that not happening. But I'm keeping my expectations low on any of the new SwSh related features being given decent screen time in this series considering we barely know anything about how much we'll be seeing of Galar or if Ash will even be challenging gyms...

Reaction score
Oh no...

don't... don't tell me that if Ash Gigantamaxes his Pikachu that I've gotta put up with that voice in the anime as well. It sounds so laughably bad.

Finally with a Pokémon avatar
Reaction score
Okay, but I wonder; are we gonna have a scene where the first time Pikachu wins a battle while gigantamaxed it tries to jump into Ash's arms to give him a hug and flattens the poor kid?
We've had him being huge (or Ash tiny) before but that's never stopped a joke before, and Ash getting hurt by his team's been a recurring joke since Kanto.

Time to Score, Scorbunny
Reaction score
Okay, but I wonder; are we gonna have a scene where the first time Pikachu wins a battle while gigantamaxed it tries to jump into Ash's arms to give him a hug and flattens the poor kid?
We've had him being huge (or Ash tiny) before but that's never stopped a joke before, and Ash getting hurt by his team's been a recurring joke since Kanto.
That would be funny to see, I still fondly remember Bayleef doing it soon after she evolved, forgetting her size

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
That would be funny to see, I still fondly remember Bayleef doing it soon after she evolved, forgetting her size
There's a big difference between Bayleef/Snorlax doing it and a Dynamax'd Pokemon... unless you love the sound of crunching bones and bodies popping under intense weight and pressure, with instant blood puddle formation.

On a serious note, am I the only one not a fan of Gigantamax'd Pikachu and Charizard designs? Or Gigantamax in general? Seems like a budget Mega Evolution, they should have continued MEs.

Last edited:
Time to Score, Scorbunny
Reaction score
There's a big difference between Bayleef/Snorlax doing it and a Dynamax'd Pokemon... unless you love the sound of crunching bones and bodies popping under intense weight and pressure, with instant blood puddle formation..
True but this is the anime where these sort of injuries don't occur

I like to think that humans in the Pokemon world are stronger than normal

Finally with a Pokémon avatar
Reaction score
There's a big difference between Bayleef/Snorlax doing it and a Dynamax'd Pokemon... unless you love the sound of crunching bones and bodies popping under intense weight and pressure, with instant blood puddle formation.
Pokémon runs off cartoon physics most of the time. From that perspective there really isn't a difference. Ash would have died or suffered permanent damage from one of Pikachu's shocks long ago otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.