• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like BigDocFan said, that was Treasure Island. It was called that both in dialogue and in closed captioning (if I'm not mistaken). It was also visibly seen to be practically next to Melemele Island, whereas Exeggutor Island is supposed to be next to Poni Island.
In that case...
Kanto: Sakuragi Institute (English Name not known)
Johto: Tin Tower
Hoenn: Mt. Chimney
Sinnoh: Mt. Coronet
Unova: Driftveil Drawbridge
Kalos: Lumiose City
Alola: Treasure Island
Galar: Motostoke

So order of Gyms...

Fire, Grass (Milo), Water (Nessa), Dragon, Fighting (Bea)/Ghost (Allister), Fairy, Ice/Dark, ???

So Milo is the second Gym Leader, and if that's the case, then...

MiloxGardenia ship confirmed?

So order of Gyms...

Fire, Grass (Milo), Water (Nessa), Dragon, Fighting (Bea)/Ghost (Allister), Fairy, Ice/Dark, ???

So Milo is the second Gym Leader, and if that's the case, then...

MiloxGardenia ship confirmed?
Ice/Dark and Dragon Gyms are not confirmed. Fire and Fairy are also not confirmed, but they're highly likely.

Haven't seen much of the newly revealed information about Galar, just wish Galar was getting more focus
By sounds of things, it'll be more of a major change from the usual 6 Gen games before Gen 7.

The games are changing direction.
The anime is changing direction.
The manga is changing direction
TPCi and GF are changing directions for the new era of Reiwa and for the new decade.

By sounds of things, it'll be more of a major change from the usual 6 Gen games before Gen 7.

The games are changing direction, the anime is changing direction.
The manga is changing direction
TPCi and GF are changing directions for the new era of Reiwa and for the new decade.

Hopefully it won't change in a way it puts fan of playing the games or watching the anime or reading the manga

The only notable difference aside from graphics is the Wild Area, really.
  • Introduction to the world of Pokemon done by Chairman Rose
  • Starters given by Champion Leon
  • Names of towns and area differ from usual, such as not having ''City'', ''Town'', ''Forest'', ''Docks'' at the ends
  • Pokemon to be focused more closely based to British Lore
  • League is more of the main focus than the Legendaries/no Legendarys in title screen
I'm sure there will be more revealed when the games come out in the next couple of weeks.

Those are superficial differences. The starters haven't been given by the professor since B2W2, and the cultural references were also apparent in the 3DS games. As for the legendaries, it's too early to tell, but rumors suggest that they will play a bigger role than in the first two generations and XY.

You can't compare any of this to the approach the anime seems to be taking. It makes sense, because the games have been consistently doing well, while the anime isn't big outside Japan and leaves something to be desired ratings-wise even there.

Even though this isn't a game thread, I have to disagree that the games are changing all that much. The concept of the game is really still the same. Personally, I prefer some smaller changes; I really don't want to play the same game over and over again. Even those small changes make a big difference, even if the heart of the game remains the same.

Honestly, I think the same can be said for the anime. The old formula started to get stale, quite honestly. I still enjoy the show, largely because of what's at its heart: the themes of the show, the characters, the stories, etc. But, outside of those core details, I really don't mind seeing them change things up.

One specific example I can think of: SM was a breath of fresh air in the fact that they all but eliminated CoTDs. Those episodes got so tiring after a while. I'm currently rewatching DP and all of those fillers are boring me to tears. I sincerely hope it's something that they continue into this new series. It was nice to have almost every character be, at the very least, recurring.

Any chances of pre-Sunday leaks? Last few ones came around this time frame.

I believe the last few leaks popped up early on Friday. So, if that pattern persists, we could be getting something in the next couple of hours.

I just noticed that both Milo and Nessa are inspired from the two races from ''Breath of the Wild'', with Milo being based on the Goron, whilst Nessa being based on the Zora.

One specific example I can think of: SM was a breath of fresh air in the fact that they all but eliminated CoTDs.

Though them going back to traveling kind of opens the door for CoTDS. Which is why I'm REALLY hoping they bring back old characters, be they from the Games or created for the Show. They better not screw this up like they did with the Battle Frontier...
(though some of those recurring characters in SM should've STAYED CoTDS...)

I'm currently rewatching DP and all of those fillers are boring me to tears.

Yep. DP had more plot & story than any other Saga, but that made its fillers REALLY pointless x_x

Though I feel like reminding you that DP had a nice, big overall cast with a low CoTD population.

Though I feel like reminding you that DP had a nice, big overall cast with a low CoTD population.

Oh no, absolutely! I was much younger when DP first aired and this is actually my first time rewatching the series; I have a much greater appreciation now for the rivals and other recurring characters in the series. Those were strong points in both AG and DP, and then it just fell off the wheels completely. It's something I'd really love to see brought back (although my first preference, like yours, is to see the former characters and have them fill out those gaps.)

I was thinking of the fillers more so than anything because I just recently sat through that three episode enchanted honey arc...brutal stuff, won't be making that mistake again :LOL: If we don't ever get episodes like that again, I'll be perfectly happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom