• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Here's some accent ideas for some of the Galar Gym Leaders, based on britain

Milo: West Country Accent (since he's a Farmer)
Nessa: Northern Accent (somehow I felt Scouce, although we haven't yet seen the snowy Gym)
Bea/Allister: Derbyshire Accent (I feel around that area)

Antagonizing members at the Clemens Point camp
Reaction score
Here's some accent ideas for some of the Galar Gym Leaders, based on britain

Milo: West Country Accent (since he's a Farmer)
Nessa: Northern Accent (somehow I felt Scouce, although we haven't yet seen the snowy Gym)
Bea/Allister: Derbyshire Accent (I feel around that area)
Eh, Kalos Gym Leaders didn't have any "hon hon hon oui oui baguette fromage Eiffel Tower mon ami" accents, why would they single out Galar for any?

Reaction score
Eh, Kalos Gym Leaders didn't have any "hon hon hon oui oui baguette fromage Eiffel Tower mon ami" accents, why would they single out Galar for any?
The only gym leader that even had any kind of accent was Ramos and even his was more American and southern sounding. The others were pretty much normal, even Professor Sycamore who's French mannerisms he had in the game weren't present in the anime.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
They did give Monsseuir Pierre a French accent, mainly by casting a French actor in the role

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Y'all are smokin smh. DP had some of the best fillers and the Best Version of Team Rocket. Sure they appeared in literally every episode but the humor was absolutely over-the-top.
As much as I like Diamond and Pearl, I think the best version of Team Rocket is Sun/Moon by far. They’re actually successful in life, have a decent den, have a lot of personality, and have actually competent Pokemon.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
As much as I like Diamond and Pearl, I think the best version of Team Rocket is Sun/Moon by far. They’re actually successful in life, have a decent den, have a lot of personality, and have actually competent Pokemon.
Which I admit will be a shame to see them leave it and return to their old ways

Reaction score
I have to agree with both sides because I enjoyed them in Diamond and Pearl, but then Sun and Moon really did them justice for the reasons your mentioned.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Sun and moon brought out a lot of personality for the characters and gave them more life. Ash, for example, was, at least personality-wise, also the best he has ever been in S&M. Like for example that one scene where he hugs Prof. Kukui and Prof. Burnet shows that he has a bit more of a human side of him. I think never really hugged a human on his own besides those two. Not even his own mother.

This is also a reason why I adore S&M so much, Ash for once in his life, had something that he can call a family. Sure, he has his real mother, but you barely see them interacting with each other.

Reaction score
I'm Eagerly Awaiting Ash's Sponsorship in the Galar Televised Gym battles & League in Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield, since Who WOULDN'T Sponsor someone who won the first ever League of a Region that hadn't ever gotten a champion before, If He hadn't won in alola, nobody would've sponsored him because he would've been a waste of MONEY if he DIDN'T win!!

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
The Galar Gym arrangement seems to parallel that of Sinnoh in some way. I just watched Mudkipmemo and he pointed out that the first Gym in Motostoke will be Rock Type with Kabu, since it's close to a coal mine full of Rolycolys, and they're needed to fuel the city. Similar to Roark where Oreberge City has a coal mine as well as fossils. Milo's town is next, same typing as Gardenia, and has similar historical structure to Eterna City. These are just examples, but you can map them out for yourself.
Um what has this to do with this tread?

Charizard Enthusiast (Taking a break from this)
Reaction score
If so, then that'll be another sign of laziness.
So not completely copying pre-existing gym, their themes, their types and the way they are structured and distributed through the region is a sign of laziness? That's some bizarre logic you got there, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.