• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
breakcore enthusiast
Reaction score
Reaction score
Nobody really replied to this when I first posted it, so I’m going to take a chance and post it again

You know, I’ve really got to say that all of these initial possibilities for this new Pokémon anime that are going around here have all really gotten me a little bit confused about how to feel about it, honestly.

I mean if it turns out that this really is a full-blown out reboot of the series, then, on the one hand; it does, at least, offer the chance to give Ash a story where he can have a beginning with a bit more respect to his character. But, on the other hand; not only does this make the last few years of the original Pokémon anime a little bit pointless to a certain degree, but, it also seems to me that ending the original show on a series like Sun and Moon feels a little bit off. I mean, while it is true that they did actually have Ash officially win a League conference for once, it still feels like Ash could have had a better series to have that kind of achievement, you know? Ending on Sun and Moon; it just feels kind of underwhelming to me, honestly.

And, if it turns out that Ash does end up going back to all of the other regions for whatever reason, then, on the one hand; that does offer the chance to see a lot of the old characters and locations again. But, on the other hand; not only does this put my initial fan hopes that Ash has become something of a legendary figure within the other regions that he has already visited into jeopardy, it, um, it-it also has me a little bit worried about how all of those particular possible returns and reunions will actually play out within the series, especially when I consider just how well that both Dawn’s initial Unova region return and both Misty and Brock’s first Alola return went, which, um, didn’t exactly work for me completely when I first initially watched all of those particular episodes.

Does, um, d-does anyone here have anything to say about all of this?

Reaction score
It’s also confirmed that next Sunday they will show Pokemon sword and shield information not just the anime
005442CA-65AB-444F-A049-DD9BBD16CF60.jpeg

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Preview confirms Team Rocket are appearing which is no big surprise

Reaction score
Anyone else worried about the music for the series? From what I heard, it seems like team rocket has a new theme (drastically different from their past ones) does this imply that we will be losing all of Miyazaki's catalogue during this transition. If so, this series will be a big big downgrade. There is no way you can spin it otherwise

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Whilst I don't mind Team Rocket returning, I hope they stick to being absent for episodes at a time

Yeah Yeah Fire
Reaction score
BTW, I heard from somewhere that the first Opening of the anime was leaked, is it true and if so where I can listen to it.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
This is interesting...

Arbok and Weezing returning? Woobat's still alive? Mimikyu gets to stay for the next series?

If we had Yanmega, Yamask, Amoonguss, & Frillish on here too, I maybe would have fainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.