• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How a mix of all 3? :unsure:
Only if It's Primarily Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield; while Go & Masters are non-intrusive & take the back-seat to Galar; with each other region not taking too much time away from the Journey & Ash getting a Sponsorship to complete in Galar in Televised Gym battles Competing in the Galar leagues, etc!!

This is how it should be; Focusing on the Mainline games, and not Non-nintendo mobile Spinoffs ; I Don't care for Masters OR Pokemon Go(overrated anyways);
To Me, It's Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield and NOT Pokemon the Series: Masters & Go!!

Pokemon is NOT Supposed to sell out or cater to the Lowest Common Denominator such as Games on NON-NINTENDO Platforms like Mobile phones, instead of the Mainstream Mainline Nintendo Platform Games!!

Since Pokemon is still making money off of their Mainline Nintendo Platform Mainstream Games; they should not undermine their own products for a bunch of Mobile Millenial Noobs who don't own a Nintendo System, or Nintendo-exclusive Pokemon Games

Well, as I alread evaluated company doesn't care, TPCI is a company like any other and wants to make money, welcome to capitalism. But I already said what I had to say about this and it would be very surprising to me if they wasted precious marketing resources on something that over all never made as much money as Go and Master already did and also already received a lot of hate and backlash for what was shown and revealed so far.

also @ tomboyishmermaid (name fitting behavior) My favorites are DP and XY too but I also enjoyed Sun and Moon alot. I don't get being so riled up they all had pros and cons.
(Btw. I never even set foot into German forums because I know how stupid, immature and disrespectful and of course loud local children and teenager are, since so many parents here and everywhere in the western world don't want to bother with proper parenting, to teach their children how to be a respectful and to be proper human being, anyway. Partly also due law restrictions on "educational measurements" for the lack of a better word that are allowed to be used by parents in Germany. Well, I could go on with my gripes in this but this doesn't help anyone and doesn't really fit in this place anyway.

Eh, advertising games are never that important for the anime, mainline or mobile. They always care more about merchandise sales (toys, music, etc.).
Well, also true. Anime is big on advertising merch but smart planning is to cooperate both channels in one advertisement and it does serve in keeping Pokemon in the peoples mind. Pokemon license DOES make more venue than Star Wars license I have heard.

Last edited:
Only if It's Primarily Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield; while Go & Masters are non-intrusive & take the back-seat to Galar; with each other region not taking too much time away from the Journey & Ash getting a Sponsorship to complete in Galar in Televised Gym battles Competing in the Galar leagues, etc!!
Go made beyond the amount of money in just 2 years, compared to what Pokemon has ever made in it's lifetime, and now with Masters being a Gacha Game (Very popular in Japan), there's where all the money is at, cheap, everywhere, and filled with micro-transactions.

Trust me, I do not like this direction to where all video games are going either. Just a decade ago, a game was the equivalent to a burger, with the expansion packs as sides. Now it's just the bun. You have to buy the rest through micro-transactions.

The only reason it was so beloved in the first place is because of Greninja and the shipping. Those are the only elements people talk about XY.

I'm talking for me, but XY's my favorite series and I care for neither of those lol Okay, I like Serena, but not because of the ship.

I liked it so much since it had great musics (my favorite opening animations too), great visuals (very close to a modern shounen) and great episodes too. These days I got to rewatch some of them, like the Reflection Cave one and, wow, I just love it.

Go made beyond the amount of money in just 2 years, compared to what Pokemon has ever made in it's lifetime, and now with Masters being a Gacha Game (Very popular in Japan), there's where all the money is at, cheap, everywhere, and filled with micro-transactions.

Trust me, I do not like this direction to where all video games are going either. Just a decade ago, a game was the equivalent to a burger, with the expansion packs as sides. Now it's just the bun. You have to buy the rest through micro-transactions.
Not ALL Video games; there's still Games out that are still like that; that games are complete, with DLC as extras; Luckily; there ARE Still games that DON'T Require Microtransactions; and I mostly play THOSE!!

also I DON'T Care about Pokemon GO; Or How much money it's made; And I Certainly don't care for Gambling Gacha Games; such as "what? You actually thought you were gonna get the content you wanted, GOTCHA(Gacha) suckers, and thanks for wasting your time & Money that you'll never get back!!"

I'm talking for me, but XY's my favorite series and I care for neither of those lol Okay, I like Serena, but not because of the ship.

I liked it so much since it had great musics (my favorite opening animations too), great visuals (very close to a modern shounen) and great episodes too. These days I got to rewatch some of them, like the Reflection Cave one and, wow, I just love it.
I Liked it because of the Music, the Artstyle, Great Episodes; the Good Chemistry between Serena & Ash, who get along very well, UNLIKE Ash constantly Fighting with Misty like Sevipers & Zangooses/Zangeese(Honestly; Pokeshipping is SEVERELY overrated in hindsight), and Serena even got to Plant one on Ash's Lips, and I Loved How Strong & Competent Ash was in that series!!

Last edited:
I don't know why you keep telling people you don't care about Go. Not to be rude, they don't give a damn whether you care about Go or not. Pokemon exist to make money and right now Go (and the merchandise) makes them more money then the mainline games, so it makes sense that they would shift the shows focus towards that then doing a SS anime.

I don't know why you keep telling people you don't care about Go. Not to be rude, they don't give a damn whether you care about Go or not. Pokemon exist to make money and right now Go (and the merchandise) makes them more money then the mainline games, so it makes sense that they would shift the shows focus towards that then doing a SS anime.

I still don't see how the new series is going to shift its focus to Pokemon Go. Even with Go's name in mind, nothing that we've seen about the series thus far gives off the impression that they want to start promoting any of the mobile games. It isn't impossible for them to do that, but I just don't see how that is the case from the admittedly minimal information we have about the series.

Eh, advertising games are never that important for the anime, mainline or mobile. They always care more about merchandise sales (toys, music, etc.).

Exactly.

The main source of income for Pokemom franchise isn't the games (not even the popular mobile games).

The biggest source of income had always been the merchandise sales (toys, music, etc). So, the anime exists to adverstise this merchandise.

I think the anime probably follows the mainline games, because it was a good way to present the new Pokemon (which means new merchandise).

Even the new anime that doesn't seem to follow the mainline game, it will still promote the new Pokemon (that's why Go and Koharu have Galar Pokemon).

I still don't see how the new series is going to shift its focus to Pokemon Go. Even with Go's name in mind, nothing that we've seen about the series thus far gives off the impression that they want to start promoting any of the mobile games. It isn't impossible for them to do that, but I just don't see how that is the case from the admittedly minimal information we have about the series.
I Sure hope you're Right!! also I Don't see anyway for the series to shift towards Pokemon Go(not that I'd even WANT to anyways), and you're right NOTHING gives that impression of promoting the mobile Non-nintendo games anyways!! Let's just hope that it stays that way!!

I Sure hope you're Right!! also I Don't see anyway for the series to shift towards Pokemon Go(not that I'd even WANT to anyways), and you're right NOTHING gives that impression of promoting the mobile Non-nintendo games anyways!! Let's just hope that it stays that way!!

One of the new protagonists is Go and his dream is to catch every Pokemon. In itself, that's a way to promote Pokemon Go. It wouldn't be weird for the anime that Go's catch method not to involve fights.

The new anime doesn't seem to especially promote Sword and Shield games either. Galar isn't even the main region for this new season. The only promotion is that Go and Koharu have Galar Pokemon, although they live in Kanto.

One of the new protagonists is Go and his dream is to catch every Pokemon. In itself, that's a way to promote Pokemon Go. It wouldn't be weird for the anime that Go's catch method not to involve fights.

The new anime doesn't seem to especially promote Sword and Shield games either. Galar isn't even the main region for this new season. The only promotion is that Go and Koharu have Galar Pokemon, although they live in Kanto.

I don't see how Go's dream is a way to promote Pokemon Go. Catching every Pokemon has been a stable for this franchise well before Go came around and I still don't think that's really the main objective of the game either, if only because of how virtually impossible it is to catch the regional exclusive Pokemon unless your able to travel around a lot. I would hope that Galar and the storyline in Sword/Shield do get at least some attention or priority in the anime. I imagine that they still want to keep the focus on the newest generation to a degree. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a point in giving two new characters new Pokemon.

I don't see how Go's dream is a way to promote Pokemon Go. Catching every Pokemon has been a stable for this franchise well before Go came around and I still don't think that's really the main objective of the game either, if only because of how virtually impossible it is to catch the regional exclusive Pokemon unless your able to travel around a lot. I would hope that Galar and the storyline in Sword/Shield do get at least some attention or priority in the anime. I imagine that they still want to keep the focus on the newest generation to a degree. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a point in giving two new characters new Pokemon.
I Whole-heartedly Agree with you, Hidden Mew. . . Because I Don't see how Go(who sounds exactly like Izuku Midoriya) would promote Pokemon Go, since Catching every pokemon is NOT an original Goal; It's been a catchphrase for the series since GEN I, And Plus; You can't even GET every single pokemon in Pokemon Go(Not all 809 pokemon are even in the Dam* game)

I think they are make Go and Koharu to have Galar Pokemon, because they want to promote the new Pokemon (after all, these are new merchandise to sell).

However, what we've seen about the series thus far doesn't give off the impression that they want to especially promote Sword and Shield games.

I Whole-heartedly Agree with you, Hidden Mew. . . Because I Don't see how Go(who sounds exactly like Izuku Midoriya) would promote Pokemon Go, since Catching every pokemon is NOT an original Goal; It's been a catchphrase for the series since GEN I, And Plus; You can't even GET every single pokemon in Pokemon Go(Not all 809 pokemon are even in the Dam* game)
In fact, "catch every Pokemon" is just a catchphrase for the English dub.

The version original (japanese) never used that phrase.

Last edited:
If we lose Shinji Miyazaki'd entire catalogue, I'm going to be so disappointed!!

I think they are make Go and Koharu to have Galar Pokemon, because they want to promote the new Pokemon (after all, these are new merchandise to sell).

However, what we've seen about the series thus far doesn't give off the impression that they want to especially promote Sword and Shield games.

While it's true that the information about the series thus far wants to especially promote Sword/Shield, I just don't see how they'd want to promote Go from what we've seen either.

While it's true that the information about the series thus far wants to especially promote Sword/Shield, I just don't see how they'd want to promote Go from what we've seen either.
So far, Gen 8 Pokemon are scarcely shown, and I'm concerned that they'll mostly show the other regions and do little for Galar.

Would that mean Trio would catch Galar Pokemon to their team, such as Impidimp for an idea for Jessie? And a Cramorant for James who will chomp down on his head?

I agree with Impidimp for Jessie but I dream of Polteageist for James. This pokemon must have confidence in its trainer to make him drink the tea and I would like a running gag with James, who which despite the stomach pain caused by the drink, continue to drink it often to not disappoint his pokemon

I don't think that the anime will promote Go directly, rather the new open-ended format of the show will allow it to loosely relate to every other piece of the franchise. I think we're going to be seeing a scenario where every piece of Pokemon media will promote each other to some degree. For example Pokemon Go introduced Sinnoh Pokemon, next we'll get Sinnoh remakes and a Sinnoh chapter of the anime. Or some of the older characters we see in Masters might show up the new anime. There will probably be something in the show meant to grab the attention of Masters or Go players, and likewise there will probably be something in the show to make fans of the anime want to check out those other aspects of the franchise. Rather than fully incorporating the entire concept of Pokemon Go into the anime, there will be subtle things like Gou using his Rotom phone to track rare Pokemon.

Since they revealed everything they needed to ( Main Characters, Supporting Cast, Villains ) for god's sake reveal an animated trailer next week, There's no reason not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom