• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Reaction score
I think they are make Go and Koharu to have Galar Pokemon, because they want to promote the new Pokemon (after all, these are new merchandise to sell).

However, what we've seen about the series thus far doesn't give off the impression that they want to especially promote Sword and Shield games.
While it's true that the information about the series thus far wants to especially promote Sword/Shield, I just don't see how they'd want to promote Go from what we've seen either.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
While it's true that the information about the series thus far wants to especially promote Sword/Shield, I just don't see how they'd want to promote Go from what we've seen either.
So far, Gen 8 Pokemon are scarcely shown, and I'm concerned that they'll mostly show the other regions and do little for Galar.

Jez

Fan of Team Rocket since 1998/99
Reaction score
Would that mean Trio would catch Galar Pokemon to their team, such as Impidimp for an idea for Jessie? And a Cramorant for James who will chomp down on his head?
I agree with Impidimp for Jessie but I dream of Polteageist for James. This pokemon must have confidence in its trainer to make him drink the tea and I would like a running gag with James, who which despite the stomach pain caused by the drink, continue to drink it often to not disappoint his pokemon

Reaction score
I don't think that the anime will promote Go directly, rather the new open-ended format of the show will allow it to loosely relate to every other piece of the franchise. I think we're going to be seeing a scenario where every piece of Pokemon media will promote each other to some degree. For example Pokemon Go introduced Sinnoh Pokemon, next we'll get Sinnoh remakes and a Sinnoh chapter of the anime. Or some of the older characters we see in Masters might show up the new anime. There will probably be something in the show meant to grab the attention of Masters or Go players, and likewise there will probably be something in the show to make fans of the anime want to check out those other aspects of the franchise. Rather than fully incorporating the entire concept of Pokemon Go into the anime, there will be subtle things like Gou using his Rotom phone to track rare Pokemon.

Reaction score
Since they revealed everything they needed to ( Main Characters, Supporting Cast, Villains ) for god's sake reveal an animated trailer next week, There's no reason not to.

Reaction score
Since they revealed everything they needed to ( Main Characters, Supporting Cast, Villains ) for god's sake reveal an animated trailer next week, There's no reason not to.
They’ll probably still find a way to trickle down info. We probably won’t get a trailer until the last episode of Sun and Moon.

Reaction score
Not really a fan of Jesse and James and co returning. I know they're part of the villains and all but couldn't we get someone new. Who can bother Ash and company instead of the same ole. same ole thing over and over again?

Reaction score
They protec, they attac... but most importantly they're BACC!

View attachment 126647
I just wondering how they escape from Bewear at the end of SM episodes (SM145 or 146) as Bewear still managed to capture the TRio in Kanto! I think a dragonite will do the Bewear's job to transport the TRio among the regions!

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
A summary for SM146 suggests Mimikyu is being left behind, nothing about Mareanie

Haven't seen the summary myself, I'm going by what PlayerKing95 has said on Bulbapedia

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
A summary for SM146 suggests Mimikyu is being left behind, nothing about Mareanie

Haven't seen the summary myself, I'm going by what PlayerKing95 has said on Bulbapedia
Can you give us a link?

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
If there is a World Tournament that Ash would compete in, I would like to see Marnie and Team Yell in it. This would make a very interesting plot and a new rival for Ash. He'll be very annoyed by Team Yell for sure.

Reaction score
I think after 20 years what actually sells merchandise is the wonder of the new region regardless of the media. And so there should be a maximum focus on the new region.
I play go every day and I'm sure it makes a lot of money for niantic and tpc, but I never bought merchandise because I had seen a pokemon in go. It's a really simple game to pass time, but it's basically you walking in a neighbourhood that never changes. Whether in the games or in the anime, I just want to discover the new region and then I will buy merchandize. I love kanto but it is a love that is 20 years old and doesn't make me wanna buy stuff.

Reaction score
I think after 20 years what actually sells merchandise is the wonder of the new region regardless of the media. And so there should be a maximum focus on the new region.
I play go every day and I'm sure it makes a lot of money for niantic and tpc, but I never bought merchandise because I had seen a pokemon in go. It's a really simple game to pass time, but it's basically you walking in a neighbourhood that never changes. Whether in the games or in the anime, I just want to discover the new region and then I will buy merchandize. I love kanto but it is a love that is 20 years old and doesn't make me wanna buy stuff.
Well, regarding anime merchandise, it is Japanese people who usually buy a lot more. Even if the anime is pretty popular outside Japan, the sales of anime merchandise are still bigger.

So, it will depends what are the preference of Japanese fans. Maybe they don't need a maximun focus in as region to buy merchandise. It's possible the focus in many regions attract new fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.