• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Translations courtesy of Dephender on Serebii:

Megumi Hayashibara, voice of Musashi: We'll be on cleaning duty in the corner, we'll occasionally get messed up and have our hair burned off while trying to get Pikachu, and Nyarth will even dress up as a Kimawari if you want him to! I just really love that we Rocket Gang members got to butt our heads into this new "Pocket Monsters" world as well. (laughs)
Shinichiro Miki, voice of Kojiro: I've been asking for opinions on how you guys would like to see the Rocket Gang act in the future! (laughs) In this new series we'll sometimes disguise ourselves as the opposite sex, something you've been asking for over and over. There's also going to be this really "fun" bit during our introduction, so I want you to look forward to that too.
Inuko Inuyama, voice of Nyarth: Since the Rocket Gang trio aren't characters from the video games, I believe they'll get more and more attention and active roles if you speak up and make it clear you want them to, so please, please make sure to keep supporting them! (laughs) Thank you in advance!
This Screams OS-DP TR with them appearing in every episode. It can be good if done right but be terrible if done wrong.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
This Screams OS-DP TR with them appearing in every episode. It can be good if done right but be terrible if done wrong.
Team Rocket ruined quite a few gym battles back in the Original Series, they interrupted Cerluean, Celadon and Fuschia so i hope they are absent from episodes still, that was a redeeming factor during the last few series

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Megumi Hayashibara, voice of Musashi: We'll be on cleaning duty in the corner, we'll occasionally get messed up and have our hair burned off while trying to get Pikachu, and Nyarth will even dress up as a Kimawari if you want him to!
What does that mean? Will they work in the school, as I expected from SM?

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
DP? Sure. OS? Nope.

They were downright intolerable during OS, going so far as to ruining Ash's Gym matches and interfering during the League and other moments that would have been otherwise better off without their appearance. I still hold them mostly responsible for his Indigo loss. At least in DP they actually cheered him on and stuck to the sidelines, and weren't outright jerks.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
So the new series is going to be a sort of DP 2.0.

I do hope we get another ruthless villain like J.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I swear if I hear about Hunter J in this thread again, I'm going to break my head.
How can I describe of someone else then? She's the only character of that type that seems to last an impact in the entire series.

Last edited:
Yeah Yeah Fire
Reaction score
Is there any chance that this sunday they will show an animated trailer, or should I keep my expectations low and wait for November 3rd?

Reaction score
I've started to think that nothing animated will be shown until November 17.

Reaction score
Translations courtesy of Dephender on Serebii:

Shinichiro Miki, voice of Kojiro: I've been asking for opinions on how you guys would like to see the Rocket Gang act in the future! (laughs) In this new series we'll sometimes disguise ourselves as the opposite sex, something you've been asking for over and over. There's also going to be this really "fun" bit during our introduction, so I want you to look forward to that too.
This is what caught my attention the most and I'M HERE FOR IT! <3

Reaction score
You know what i thought about: SWSH might not have an evil team like in the past, so maybe this is why the anime takes the all region route: Giovanni is gonna be the main villain for the anime instead of having regional villains like in the past.

Reaction score
You know what i thought about: SWSH might not have an evil team like in the past, so maybe this is why the anime takes the all region route: Giovanni is gonna be the main villain for the anime instead of having regional villains like in the past.
An anime version of Team Rainbow Rocket maybe, just instead of alternate universe Giovanni it's just the regular one - gathering up the Regional villains maybe? :lapras:

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Courtesy of Dephender

Messed up the translation a bit earlier, it was really unclear from the way it was worded on Twitter that these quotes were supposed to build on each other (especially since they removed the bridging comment Miki made, where he started his comment by saying "I agree".)

Megumi Hayashibara, voice of Musashi: We'll be on cleaning duty in the corner, we'll occasionally get messed up and have our hair burned off while trying to get Pikachu, and Nyarth will even dress up as a Kimawari if necessary! I just really love that we Rocket Gang members got to butt our heads into this new "Pocket Monsters" world as well. (laughs)
Shinichiro Miki, voice of Kojiro: We should ask for opinions on how you guys would like to see the Rocket Gang act in the future! (laughs) In this new series you'll get a Rocket Gang you'll love quoting over and over - we'll even disguise ourselves as the opposite sex sometimes. There's also going to be these really "fun" bits during our introduction, so I want you to pay attention to those as well.
Inuko Inuyama, voice of Nyarth: Since the Rocket Gang trio aren't characters from the video games, I believe they'll get more and more attention and active roles if you speak up and make it clear you want them to, so please, please make sure to keep supporting them! (laughs) Thank you in advance!

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
or if Ash isgoing to be competing in some special tournament, would have Marnie as his new Rival and Team Yell as a nuicense. Though having them similar to Skull.

Status
Not open for further replies.