• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Battle Trainer
This anime would be special since in an interview, the reason for lack of Pokemon reviewed this time around is because the number of new Pokemon in Galar is much larger than past Generations, and GF did say that they have passed the 1000 mark with new Mons, forms and Region Variants. Perhaps this is another reason to why the Dex cut.

So right now we have 809 Pokemon. And the most Pokemon for a Gen is Gen 5 with 156. So 809 + and extra 156 = 965 Pokemon. So if the number of new Pokemon is going to be much larger, then we can see them very much reaching 1000 Pokemon.

So with this new anime, we are talking about over 1000 Pokemon in compare to when it started out with 151.
I find it doubtful that they would introduce that many new Pokemon.

Dr. Fuji?!
They didn't say anything about the number of new Pokemon. How could you even believe that it might exceed BW's count?

They do love their nostalgic Kanto so much? It can only last for so long until we get tired of it. There's more than just Kanto you know?
You're telling the voice actors of Kanto characters they can't hope for more backstory? Not to mention that those characters did get flashbacks in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, too.

Eterna City Gym Leader
They didn't say anything about the number of new Pokemon. How could you even believe that it might exceed BW's count?

You're telling the voice actors of Kanto characters they can't hope for more backstory? Not to mention that those characters did get flashbacks in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, too.
I'm just saying that you can only do so much with Nostalgia before the novelty begins to wear off. Perhaps with Kanto we could fix certain things, along with the other Regions.

Lets have a Blast
Ash was supposed to fight Giovanni in the cancelled Unova 2 parter.
That would have been great to see, just a shame it was banned after that devastating Earthquake and Tsunami, a highlight of Black and White was the more serious Team Rocket with Giovanni getting more action

Eterna City Gym Leader
That would have been great to see, just a shame it was banned after that devastating Earthquake and Tsunami, a highlight of Black and White was the more serious Team Rocket with Giovanni getting more action
Perhaps the new series will make up for it since there are no rival evil teams to face except for Team Yell, and yet they are like Team Skull.

I'm just saying that you can only do so much with Nostalgia before the novelty begins to wear off. Perhaps with Kanto we could fix certain things, along with the other Regions.
How would exploring their backstories become a novelty?

Some of the best episodes in the entire series (and they are not just in Kanto) are the Team Rocket focused episodes. IMO, they should definitely do more focus episodes regarding the Trio (that continues to flesh them out as characters), instead of having them being portrayed as jobbers for Ash and friends to beat on a daily basis.

The other interesting thing is how freedom from the game’s plot and therefore more scope for original story telling is mentioned. Wonder what that will pan out to look like.
Honestly, this is what I am most excited about when it comes to the new series.

Last edited:
At least you tried...
Some of the best episodes in the entire series (and they are not just in Kanto) are the Team Rocket focused episodes. IMO, they should definitely do more of focus episodes regarding the Trio that continues to flesh them out as characters instead of having them being portrayed as jobbers for Ash and friends to beat on a daily basis.
What child me expected when I read online there would be an episode explaining why Meowth can talk: silly comedy
What child me got: suddenly starts raining indoors for no clear reason.

Lets have a Blast
The summary for SM146 includes ''We also have an important announcement regarding the new anime series!''

Hopefully it will be something exciting than what we've had recently

Watching over Ori and Ku
The summary for SM146 includes ''We also have an important announcement regarding the new anime series!''

Hopefully it will be something exciting than what we've had recently
Satoshi has made a huge decision. But then something appears before him... What is it?!
Satoshi has made a huge decision about his future. However, he hasn't been able to tell the others at the Pokémon School. But then a Pokémon he remembers well appears before him...
Ho-oh?

Watching over Ori and Ku
I don't believe it. I mean, the decision should already be go back to kanto. Not something that changes what he first decided and then kanto.
You clearly missed the bold quotes. The description of Ash for the next series states a "certain encounter", the summary for SM146 states a Pokemon from his past appearing before him.

The only logical one would be Ho-oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.