• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Reaction score
I stopped watching Pokemon from DP till SM. So how would I know?
It is pretty easy to look up information about the anime characters online. You wouldn't even need to watch a full XY episode to confirm where Serena comes from. Besides that, I'm not sure why you claim that Serena was from Kanto if you never saw XY in the first place. It seems so strange to make claims about a series that you admitted that you haven't watched.

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
Hoping we get something tonight. A glimpse at this world animated would be best, but I would also like to see any new characters or anything like that.

Knowing me, I will probably be like "I won't stay up for this", but then I do lol.

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
How do they expect us the want to see the series if they don't show us anything? I mean we are 3 weeks before the airing and we haven't see anything in action yet

Reaction score
Nothing too big in terms of news today, in fact it was a quick interview with one of the VA’s.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Reaction score
The first animated trailer will be shown 10 OF NOVEMBER

1 week before the premiere

I dont know man 1 month before is Ok but 1 week before to show something animated? Thats too freaking much

This is not like the videogames which havent showed us much like they did with Sun and Moon in order to keep some mystery, will it be too bad to show only 30 seconds of the first two episodes?

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Okay, so apparently Ash decides to travel the world in SM145 thanks to Olivia. I guess that dashes any reboot plans and makes the next series a continuity.
It's literally Thomas and Friends: Big World Big Adventures. Only difference is that Ash has already been there, whilst for Thomas, the author clearly meant Sodor.

Perhaps this was Pokemon's inspiration?

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
Okay, so apparently Ash decides to travel the world in SM145 thanks to Olivia. I guess that dashes any reboot plans and makes the next series a continuity.
Glad to finally have this answer clarified! This is definitely continuity Ash, and now we have an idea of Ash's goal, wanting to travel the world. I am sure they will have some sort of battle gimmick he can participate in whilst he travels in this series, but now we have the idea he is going for.

Honestly, it's a pretty reasonable idea too. It kind of makes sense after winning a Pokemon league that Ash would want to go and further explore the regions that he once went through, as well as others.

I'll wait till we really meet our other protag up close, but I think this will definitely be a series I enjoy. I think I definitely want to go through and watch the rest of SM now as a good lead up to this series.

Also that is crazy we won't be seeing anything animated till a week before. Will we see anything next week. I thought I saw a tweet going around that they would have big news on the third. But heck, after the initial announcement being an announcement of an announcement (and now I hate typing that word), I wouldn't be surprised lol.

Yeah Yeah Fire
Reaction score
I thought of something what if, in the next anime there is a one giant league between all Regions that would be really cool honestly, and the requirement to join that league is to have at least one league victory and Ash has one with Alola, what do you think of the idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.