• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I thought of something what if, in the next anime there is a one giant league between all Regions that would be really cool honestly, and the requirement to join that league is to have at least one league victory and Ash has one with Alola, what do you think of the idea?
That's what I thought would likely happen. Not only will Ash probably be going up against the trainers that have defeated him in past Leagues like Tobias, not only the Champions such as Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha and even Leon, but also new rivals such as Bede and Marnie with Team Yell.

A sight for VenuSAUR eyes
Reaction score
The press release clarifies that the special will be summarizing Ash and Pikachu's encounters so far with a "special video" (i.e. a clip show) in addition to the info on the new series. Marie Iitoyo will be voicing Kangaskhan's baby in the first episode of the series, who "holds the key" to the first episode.

First episode promises to be exciting!!!

Into the Nether portal...
Reaction score
It's literally Thomas and Friends: Big World Big Adventures. Only difference is that Ash has already been there, whilst for Thomas, the author clearly meant Sodor.

Perhaps this was Pokemon's inspiration?
I don't even... what...?
First episode promises to be exciting!!!
I wonder if that's Pikachu's backstory before meeting Ash, when it wasn't evolved. Glad to see the XY-esque detailed artstyle.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
It could be that Chairmin Rose and Orleana ran not only the Galar League, but also this possible Pokemon World League as well.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I'm very interested, but at the same time, very concerned, as if I have been betrayed or given a bad deal (please don't ask, there's so much climate nowadays that it doesn't belong on this forum). The only gripe I have for this new series is.... why?

Why is this the focus? The problem here is that they refuse to tell us why, only that this will be shown for us to find out. You might as well not show us the new series and instead leave it till November 17th. And not sell strategy guides until the following week from release.

And the sad thing is, is that it's this keeping us in the dark thing they're doing is causing us to be divided as a community, when it shouldn't have to be.

Question: Shouldn't the series numbering be called PM001 and PM002 instead of SS001 and SS002 since SwSh is not the main focus for the new series. I know it's already done for the manga series, but can't we have them PM001 (Anime) instead so to differentiate the two?

Last edited:
A sight for VenuSAUR eyes
Reaction score
Well Abcboy is listing them as SS001 and SS002 and I'm not keen to argue with admin, PM does make more sense though

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Well Abcboy is listing them as SS001 and SS002 and I'm not keen to argue with admin, PM does make more sense though
Or better yet... NS001 and NS002 because we have no idea for what the English title will be. Probably be the same as the Japanese since it will be focused on all regions, not just Galar.

I just hope they give Galar some justice, which I doubt. I'm concerned that Galar would be brushed aside for Gen 9 if the new series isn't doing well.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Looks as if it'll be a retracing story with Ash starting from Kanto, then Johto, then Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and lastly Galar. But by then Gen 9 would come out and would blot over Galar with it's entirety, and I for one do not want that to happen. It's clear that the anime is to advertise the entire franchise, not just the games as they once did anymore.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Looks as if it'll be a retracing story with Ash starting from Kanto, then Johto, then Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and lastly Galar. But by then Gen 9 would come out and would blot over Galar with it's entirety, and I for one do not want that to happen. It's clear that the anime is to advertise the entire franchise, not just the games as they once did anymore.
We don't know how the regions will be implemented. You're just being negative for the sake of being negative.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
We don't know how the regions will be implemented. You're just being negative for the sake of being negative.
I'm just concerned that they will not give Galar any justice, since it will have to share with all the other past games, that's all. Nothing too negative about that, just worried and concerned because they have been keeping all this in the dark. And it's with this that this is the reason of why we're all in a big mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.