• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Going to stop talking to you since you clearly are missing my point and I'm not wasting more time on you-_-
You literally don’t explain any other underlying points other than what sounds like an age-group based rant, so I guess it’s for the better.

Not being rude to random people on a public forum when someone posts something you don’t agree with would help, though.

I don’t think it’s rational to say that Galar would get as much/less attention than the other regions. It literally goes against the purpose of the anime. This approach allows them to change focuses easily, and Galar's the one that needs promoting right now.

The other regions will get focus but I think Galar would have a little more than the rest of them.
To be clear I'm not against this approach, just addressing the hysteria on people fearing Galar might not be promoted. I need to see more to deduce whether or not I like it.

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm very interested, but at the same time, very concerned, as if I have been betrayed or given a bad deal (please don't ask, there's so much climate nowadays that it doesn't belong on this forum). The only gripe I have for this new series is.... why?

Why is this the focus? The problem here is that they refuse to tell us why, only that this will be shown for us to find out. You might as well not show us the new series and instead leave it till November 17th. And not sell strategy guides until the following week from release.

And the sad thing is, is that it's this keeping us in the dark thing they're doing is causing us to be divided as a community, when it shouldn't have to be.
Is the way that they're handling the promotion for the new series really causing a division within the online community? I see more cases of people just being impatient and frustrated with the minimal information more than anything else. To be fair, I think that those reactions are understandable, but at the same time, I think that some of the reactions are a bit much. We'll still get information about the series at some point. I'd prefer it sooner rather than later for multiple reasons myself, but saying that keeping up in the dark is just dividing the online community just feels like a huge exaggeration.

It would've been better if they didn't make Gen 8 tbh, and instead just have the 7 Regions. Have Gou with an Eevee and the girl with a Growlithe and just call it a day. Just promote remakes and not have a new one until they've come to the right time.

I just feel like Galar is being left out here. And I've been concern since Masters since they've been hyping that more than SwSh where they hardly got anything? My hopes for a British based Region, and what they just did was stuck a knife through it's back and aborted it before it even had a chance to shine.

I understand why they're doing this. What's Ash to do now that he's Champion of Alola, even though he said being Champion was one step from him becoming Pokemon Master. I wanted to get back to Pokemon, ever since DP. But now I'm beginning to see why I've jumped ship during DP, and the reason was because of the money, and how much they care about that more than what they love to create.

Sorry for having a love-hate relationship, I am trying to love it, but all these radical changes is something I cannot cope and grasp here.
This seems like a pretty big negative assumption based off of nothing. We don't know how much Galar will be promoted, so it's a bit early to say that it's being left out. Even with the basic premise of the new series in mind, I imagine that they want to promote the newest games to some extent at least given that two of the new characters have new Pokemon. I also really don't see how they've been hyping Masters more that Sword/Shield. Saying that we hardly got anything on the new generation is also rather confusing to me at this point, especially when I think a lot of fans do prefer that they aren't revealing over half of the new Pokemon before the new games come out.

The franchise has also always been more focused on money. This isn't really a new issue, especially when most businesses want to make a profit. This didn't suddenly happen with the anime either. The anime has always been primarily focused on promoting merchandise and games above everything else. It was created to help promote the games, so I don't see why that suddenly became more apparent to you during DP. All of your concerns just sound like exaggerations or big assumptions based on little to no information.

Reaction score
The thing is is that the anime is clearing advertising the franchise as a whole, not just the new game. I still feel like it's a bit extreme to do this change?
I don't see this change as extreme. It's a logical move and it's possible that the new anime surprises us in a good way.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Is the way that they're handling the promotion for the new series really causing a division within the online community? I see more cases of people just being impatient and frustrated with the minimal information more than anything else. To be fair, I think that those reactions are understandable, but at the same time, I think that some of the reactions are a bit much. We'll still get information about the series at some point. I'd prefer it sooner rather than later for multiple reasons myself, but saying that keeping up in the dark is just dividing the online community just feels like a huge exaggeration.

This seems like a pretty big negative assumption based off of nothing. We don't know how much Galar will be promoted, so it's a bit early to say that it's being left out. Even with the basic premise of the new series in mind, I imagine that they want to promote the newest games to some extent at least given that two of the new characters have new Pokemon. I also really don't see how they've been hyping Masters more that Sword/Shield. Saying that we hardly got anything on the new generation is also rather confusing to me at this point, especially when I think a lot of fans do prefer that they aren't revealing over half of the new Pokemon before the new games come out.

The franchise has also always been more focused on money. This isn't really a new issue, especially when most businesses want to make a profit. This didn't suddenly happen with the anime either. The anime has always been primarily focused on promoting merchandise and games above everything else. It was created to help promote the games, so I don't see why that suddenly became more apparent to you during DP. All of your concerns just sound like exaggerations or big assumptions based on little to no information.
Sorry, I just needed to get all that off my chest. I know how it feels to be betrayed, and I truly hate being left in the dark with no answers to why?
It's a business and we have to learn the hard way that the world is not your friend. It's never your friend. It's a friend to itself, and that's the naked truth of life we have cope and suffer here. I wanted Galar to be something special, but at this point, I do not know. They're advertising the franchise as a whole, not just the games as they used to.

Into the Nether portal...
Reaction score
To be fair I don't think the subs are even out so most have yet too watch unless the know Japanese
I don't know Japanese myself outside of a few words that I picked up from years of watching anime, but if you paid attention to that entire segment with Olivia and later Ash at night, it kind of becomes obvious that Ash decides to travel the world because of Olivia's advice.
It would've been better if they didn't make Gen 8 tbh, and instead just have the 7 Regions. Have Gou with an Eevee and the girl with a Growlithe and just call it a day. Just promote remakes and not have a new one until they've come to the right time.

I just feel like Galar is being left out here. And I've been concern since Masters since they've been hyping that more than SwSh where they hardly got anything? My hopes for a British based Region, and what they just did was stuck a knife through it's back and aborted it before it even had a chance to shine.

I understand why they're doing this. What's Ash to do now that he's Champion of Alola, even though he said being Champion was one step from him becoming Pokemon Master. I wanted to get back to Pokemon, ever since DP. But now I'm beginning to see why I've jumped ship during DP, and the reason was because of the money, and how much they care about that more than what they love to create.

Sorry for having a love-hate relationship, I am trying to love it, but all these radical changes is something I cannot cope and grasp here.
This is some serious negativity right here. We don't even know much about the series (except that it'll be a continuation, thanks to today's episode) yet you're derailing with such a lengthy self-victimized rant with made-up stuff about what you assume the next series will be. Stop, you're just flooding the thread.

Last edited:
Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
I'd be really interested to know where @abcboy got that screenshot for the first new series episode from.
The press release clarifies that the special will be summarizing Ash and Pikachu's encounters so far with a "special video" (i.e. a clip show) in addition to the info on the new series. Marie Iitoyo will be voicing Kangaskhan's baby in the first episode of the series, who "holds the key" to the first episode.

more afraid of you
Reaction score
Wow, are we thinking that really could be Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu??? I can't believe that isn't what people are talking about, that's a huge, huge, huge deal! Like groundbreaking, game changing, massive, amazing! Sign me up for that!! For all the backstories we have gotten, this would be a really big deal, the most important Pokemon in the history of the show, who obviously had some sort of past, wow that is really, really exciting! Hopefully they do a good job with it and don't oversimplify, and hopefully it isn't just some other Pichu, because that would be disappointing.

So Ash's new goal is traveling? We already had a protag who loved traveling (May), I'd rather they used her. I'll be interested to see what type of stuff they show in the clip show, because I think that will give us our best idea of how continuity heavy the series will be. If its mostly just Ash's accomplishments, then I still don't assume we will see old characters much. I sure hope we see old characters, but I'm still not expecting it.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
With better looking animation, I don't mind going over older regions as the animation will show off the locations better, the forests certainly look good compared to the original series

more afraid of you
Reaction score
I was literally the first to point it out. It was discussed a bit a few pages back.
You people and needing to give yourself credit for pointless things....I don't think I'll ever understand. I saw your post, my expression of surprise is based on the fact that we have 4 pages of nonsense here since last night, with very little discussion regarding something that comes off to me as an enormous deal, or at least the potential to be an enormous deal. 3 people having a sentence about it is surprisingly light to me considering how big of a deal it could be.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
There, much better after a cup of tea and a talk with family, but after some thinking I should’ve realized from the beginning to not get too much hope and expectations for what is to come (especially after 10 years). It is a huge company who hardly listen to people (mainly the Japanese). So sorry if i’d put too much over this. I thought I was prepared, but never for so much! At least the negativity has given me more fuel ideas for the true villain to the Fanzine i’m Working on. Already up to Page 60 and probably nearly 2/3 done. After 15th, i’ll Try to release as much as possible (depending on my brother).

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
If the Pichu scene is Our Boy's backstory it will be interesting to see if they explain why he hates pokéballs.

It's actually a bit strange how little we know about the secondary protagonist. Several of Ash's other Pokémon had more detailed backstories, even in minor ways like "Tailow was part of a group of troublesome Tailow".

more afraid of you
Reaction score
Do you want it to be some special powered pichu? Because it comes off like that...
No I mean I want it to be Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu, and not just a random Pichu. Since I'm super hyped about the potential of a backstory for Ash's Pikachu, a random Pichu would be disappointing (not that I would blame them, since they didn't say anything, just really hope that's what it is).

I was thinking about it being a retcon type issue, but I actually am not worried about that, at this point its just looking different when young (ie. small Pikachu like in the Pikachu's forest vs being an actual Pichu), and since we never had flashbacks before, it really is a non-issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.