• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I do think Ash is getting Sobble, but images aren’t really an indication of Ash getting anything. Before Sun/Moon I remember quite a few people were arguing that Ash will get only Rowlet and not Litten based on the poster.

Grookey is up in the air imo, I personally don’t think Ash’ll use it.

Judging by that image, Satoshi is getting a Zacian and Gou is getting a Zamazenta.
It can also be deduced that Gou first caught Grookey and then abused it so it ran away to train with Zamazenta.

Administrator
Reaction score
It is possible that Ash could get a Sobble, but it isn't a guarantee. I'm sure he'll get at least one starter since he always does. Personally, I'd prefer it if he got Grookey instead of Sobble, but both are pretty good options for him and he hasn't had a Water type since XY either.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Sobble would be great to use in battle, especially with the ability to turn invisible

Hopefully the cast lists will show more variety per episode instead of listing the same actor/actress playing the same character every week

Reaction score
I really hope this is an opportunity to give a bit more development to his older Pokémon. I’d like Bayleef to finally evolve, Gible could travel with him to give him an easy strong Pokémon.
It’s an exciting change for the anime, literally anything is possible.

Sobble is a great fit for Ash.

Reaction score
Ash might get a Sobble after all. Dunno about Grookey though it might go to Koharu.

Oh, so Ash is probably getting Soble? I expected both Grookey and Sobble going to Ash, but maybe he's getting only 1 starter again like he did in Hoenn and Kalos.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
If Gou is getting Scorbunny and Ash Sobble, Grookey might go to Koharu which would be nice as the girls usually get the Fire or Water regional starter (not counting Bulbasaur as that was Kanto caught in Hoenn)

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
If Gou is getting Scorbunny and Ash Sobble, Grookey might go to Koharu which would be nice as the girls usually get the Fire or Water regional starter (not counting Bulbasaur as that was Kanto caught in Hoenn)
I would like to see Grookey go to Koharu for this reason. Besides May getting Bulbasaur (who technically wasn't a new starter, which is kind of how I count it), we have not seen a female companion get the grass type starter. While I'm not sure how well Grookey will fit with Koharu, because we hardly know anything about her, Sobble would be a really great Pokemon for Ash because Sobble is a sad lizard, who they could do a great lack of self-confidence theme with and then Ash working with it could help it grow some confidence.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
I really hope we get a chance to visit the Kanto Safari Zone this series, would give Gou the chance to catch some Pokemon

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Well, a visit that won't get banned this time.
Agreed, we had episodes in the original series that made mention of them being in the zone, which turned out it wasn't so here's hoping there aren't any guns

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Posters can be subjective. One poster led people to think that Eevee was going to Ash.

Reaction score

I know Eevee is like Charizard these days and they just like sticking it in every merch, but I really hope that it is Gou's.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
I'm not holding high hopes of Ash getting an Eevee after all this time, would be nice to see Gou as a male companion getting one as only the girls have received Eevee.

Wonder if there'll be a Galarian eeveelution

Dr. Fuji?!
Reaction score
I'd advise against building your hopes up for seeing past companions or Pokemon. It is certainly not a big aspect of the series judging from the poster (why are all the starters unevolved but Charizard and Greninja, the latter lacking its form?).

Wonder if there'll be a Galarian eeveelution
I don't find that likely when they're promoting the Gigantamax Eevee that can't evolve. It'd also be a bit silly to use Sylveon in Galar-related art if a new Eeveelution existed.

I suspect that they don't have a good design for a new Eeveelution.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was there earlier, but it seems that the user deleted their tweet for whatever reason.

Maybe a copyright claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.