• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
I think that it's possible that none of Ash's old companions return.
Lol.

Yeah, anything's possible at this point. Because we still know the bare minimum. Let's be fair: there's a greater possibility of older characters returning in this series because it takes place in all different regions. Does that mean it's guaranteed? No, but I don't see anyone suggesting that. It's not fair to compare XY to this; in all honesty, at this point, it's not fair to compare this series to any one before it because it's so different from anything they've done before.

The summary for this week's episode promises "an important announcement regarding the new anime series." I'm not sure what they classify as "important" but I guess it's worth noting they haven't described any of the latest news at the end of each episode that way over the past few weeks. So, worth it or not, I'm definitely interested!

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
The summary for this week's episode promises "an important announcement regarding the new anime series." I'm not sure what they classify as "important" but I guess it's worth noting they haven't described any of the latest news at the end of each episode that way over the past few weeks. So, worth it or not, I'm definitely interested!
Remember the very first hint about the anime back in early September was touted as "world premiere announcement"? Yeah, it turned out to be an announcement of an announcement.

I'm not falling for more bait and switches. I expect they'll keep drip feeding the bare minimum until that special episode.

Reaction score
That's unlikely. That's most likely a Team Yell, pokemon.
I don't know. I'm not even sure Team Yell will be in the Show....

Think about it. The way they are in the Games is a copy & paste of what the Show did to Team Skull (with Marnie in place of Guzma). And while I full realize the Show does things different with the villain teams than the Games, we don't need the exact same story for the secon time in the a row (thought I would say that about other repeated plotlines...).

Besides, Team Yell doesn't look like much. I'm really hoping there's another, secret villain team in SwSh...

I would, however, be cool with Marnie being an antagonistic rival like Paul, Harley or Ursala. We could always use some rivals who are jerks :) (Ash-tachii and the rivals get along waaayy too well part of the time. Heck, several of them have ended up being honorary members...)

Reaction score
I don't know. I'm not even sure Team Yell will be in the Show....

Think about it. The way they are in the Games is a copy & paste of what the Show did to Team Skull (with Marnie in place of Guzma). And while I full realize the Show does things different with the villain teams than the Games, we don't need the exact same story for the secon time in the a row (thought I would say that about other repeated plotlines...).

Besides, Team Yell doesn't look like much. I'm really hoping there's another, secret villain team in SwSh...

I would, however, be cool with Marnie being an antagonistic rival like Paul, Harley or Ursala. We could always use some rivals who are jerks :) (Ash-tachii and the rivals get along waaayy too well part of the time. Heck, several of them have ended up being honorary members...)
Marnie is so different from Guzma. She's not even part of Team Yell. There's a completely new dynamic altogether that can be explored through the incorporation of her and Team Yell.

I do feel like it is possible that they are both not in the anime though. It seems like the anime is steering away from the games with all the (seemingly) original anime/movie characters thus far.

Reaction score
I highly doubt that they'll cut out the SW/SH characters completely, that's just wasting pre-made assets. Making new characters (Sakuragi and Koharu) for Ash to meet in Kanto is one thing but I suspect when Ash & Gou eventually reach Galar then the anime will introduce Prof. Magnolia, Sonia, Leon and all the others. :unsure:

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I highly doubt that they'll cut out the SW/SH characters completely, that's just wasting pre-made assets. Making new characters (Sakuragi and Koharu) for Ash to meet in Kanto is one thing but I suspect when Ash & Gou eventually reach Galar then the anime will introduce Prof. Magnolia, Sonia, Leon and all the others. :unsure:
Yeah. I don't think that they would completely do away with using the game characters in favor of anime OCs.

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe Ash could have a rotating Pokemon party consisting of his previous captures with Pikachu and the Galar Pokemon being the permanent members.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work in terms of story structure. Are they going to visit a region for one episode? An arc? An entire half-season?

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
I just hope they won't visit the same regions in different episode. I mean like this: 1 to Kalos, then 1 to Kanto, then again one in Kalos

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
I didn't even consider the possibility of this Pichu being Ash's Pikachu in the past! If that ends up being the case, I'll be flipping out with joy! That's something I've wanted to be explored for years now!
It will be great to watch, hopefully shed some light on its reluctance to go into Poke Balls

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Unova first, they have to fix much there anyway

Reaction score
I wonder how they will all do this. I think they can't offort to let Ash lose now from this point because he is the Champion of the Alola League. I hope Ash actually gains something if travelling the world.

Reaction score
Since he will obviously start a new team, it would not be awkward to lose with inexperienced Pokemon.

Reaction score
I wonder how they will all do this. I think they can't offort to let Ash lose now from this point because he is the Champion of the Alola League. I hope Ash actually gains something if travelling the world.
Obviously, they can let Ash afford to lose, but they can only afford him to lose against a character that is properly build-up before a league (Paul for example, would be able to defeat him, and it would be justified, same with Harrisson).

Status
Not open for further replies.