• ME's brain went on vacation last week, so he forgot to upload an episode of Snowy's LP. He didn't forget this week. Watch the new episodehere.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Final Evos for Grookey and Sobble have leaked and they look highly legit. Lots of people are not liking them.

"Some must fight, so that all may be free."
Reaction score
That move is banned from the show, so it can't be. Earth Power, maybe?
That was actually my first thought, since it has the yellow lights coming out of the cracks made by it that I don't remember ever being used for Earthquake, but I do remember being used for Earth Power. Would be cool to see more of that move, since both it and Bulldoze would be great substitutes for Earthquake in my opinion (since they're both fairly strong Ground-type move that are learned by a number of Pokémon).

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I saw the final evolutions of both Grookey and Sobble and they are really unique designs. Both are something we haven't seen before. Not every starter can be another Charizard or Greninja.

Administrator
Reaction score
The only things we know so far:
  • Ash, Pikachu, and TR will return for this series.
  • Ash will travel the whole world together with Go.
  • Go wants to capture every Pokémon.
  • Mew plays a huge role in Go's story.
  • For the first time, we will have no female companion for this series.
For goodness shake, that hasn't been confirmed yet. I just really hate that people continue to present this notion that there won't be a female companion as a fact when we don't know that for sure yet. It's just so annoying and confusing as to why people are presenting speculation as fact for this detail. Ash and Go are the two characters on the promotional posters, but these are simply designed to get people interested in the series. By this same logic, Team Rocket shouldn't be in the new series, but they're going to be. There's no reason to think there won't be a female lead based on what we know thus far.

I also want to emphasize to keep video game leaks out of this thread. A lot of people don't want to look up leaks, especially as something as huge as starter evolutions, and I don't think people should be worried about coming across video game spoilers when they come into a thread discussing the new series. If you want to discuss the leaks, there is a thread for that in the video game section for that. Please avoid posting leaks here in the future.

Bookworm
Reaction score
Design wise Sobble feels like it could become something similar to Greninja (the type, color and posture). They have also described it as being sad so maybe it has a tragic backstory in the anime. It's nice to take a break from the fire curse for a while. :p

I hope Charizard won't overshadow the new Pokémon. It would be better to let Squirtle evolve and get some focus if they absolutely have to force the Kanto starters onto us. When I was a kid the Squirtle line was very popular. I remember being confused why they waited so long to show off Shigeru's Blastoise. Even though Origins was kind of lame at least they tried to give Charmander some kind of personal reason to surpass his rival (the uncomfortable biting scene :sick:).

Reaction score
I have two theories about the whole alarm clock scene in the trailer.

1. They are going to retcon it that Pikachu was sneaking around Ash's bedroom as a wild Pokemon in the first episode.

2. It's a callback happening in present time. I can imagine Ash going "NOT AGAIN!" :p

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
If there would be a female companion, they would have shown her already. I don't know why they would make such a big deal about her and keep her a secret. I think this will be really the first time we won't see a traditional female lead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
She has a school uniform, so obviously she is not a travelling trainer, she needs to attend school and can't follow much Ash and Go.

I agree that if there would be a traditional female lead, she would have been revealed by now. Also we saw Ash and Go on "important" scenes like on the back of a Lugia, why a potential third lead would be excluded from this.

So two options, no female companion at all or rotating female companion according to the region.

Bookworm
Reaction score
Not trying to spoil anything but I have personally changed my mind about Sobble. I hope it never evolves. Too bad since it has such a cute personality.

If there won't be a female protagonist and Koharu will only be a background character or Gou's love interest I'm going to be very disappointed. It would be a huge step backwards.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
I wonder what Ash and Gou will do or visit in those regions

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
Not me. This series is going to be an utter continuity reboot BTW, so it's better off they try and name it something else.
Should I go into detail and dismantle this comment? Because it seems you didn't bother to check this thread for all the details proving it not being a reboot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not trying to spoil anything but I have personally changed my mind about Sobble. I hope it never evolves. Too bad since it has such a cute personality.
Lol I wouldn't mind if none of them evolves at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.