• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The balance between Ash (main series) and Go (mobile games) as the two fixed protagonists will be the success or the fail of this series. This can be REALLY GOOD or a DISASTER. It has potential to be something huge and enjoyable, let's wait and see.

Mobile games are very big in Japan, whilst in the west, we tend to have a more limited focus on the games before getting bored with it. I've not played Go nor Master hugely because I have much better things to do with my life, such as drawing and trying to get this fanzine done before the deadline.

That indicates the opposite. Did you forget about the Pikachu/Eevee games?

No I haven't forgot about it, which is why GF would end up making Let's Go titles to attract the mobile crowds.

Plus, the Japanese are very calm and don't lash out to any dramatic changes like we in the west do. Hardly when the Dexit thing dropped.

On the one hand, I think that girls should have someone to relate to in the main cast. On the other hand, a second companion would pale in comparison to Go unless she cooperated with him (like in LGPE's co-op feature). A rotating past companion would just be gratuitous and forced.

On the one hand, I think that girls should have someone to relate to in the main cast. On the other hand, a second companion would pale in comparison to Go unless she cooperated with him (like in LGPE's co-op feature). A rotating past companion would just be gratuitous and forced.
Especially if they only bring back the girls without bringing back any of the boys.

Tried to upload an image of the poster with a few bits circled but it won't work on my phone for some reason.

Anyway, on the Kanto building at the very top of the image, there is a Gengar on one side of the tower and something else on the other side. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is, it looks like a green and grey thing. Does anyone know what it is?

Secondly, is Dragonite carrying Meowth? If so, given its proximity to Wobbuffet as well, I wonder if Team Rocket will be around this season too. Would be funny if Dragonite took on a similar role to Bewear and interfered with them but also ferried them about from region to region.

Tried to upload an image of the poster with a few bits circled but it won't work on my phone for some reason.

Anyway, on the Kanto building at the very top of the image, there is a Gengar on one side of the tower and something else on the other side. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is, it looks like a green and grey thing. Does anyone know what it is?

Secondly, is Dragonite carrying Meowth? If so, given its proximity to Wobbuffet as well, I wonder if Team Rocket will be around this season too. Would be funny if Dragonite took on a similar role to Bewear and interfered with them but also ferried them about from region to region.
Except that would make it harder for Iris to return, if she is coming back that is.

Yikes a was really hoping for more than that. An animated trailer or something. But I guess that's the disappointment you get when you're blessed/cursed with leaks. I'm going to remain optimistic as they didn't really show anything that we didn't see from the leak. I'm still going to operate on the assumption that this isn't a reboot, so perhaps we're looking at a series where Ash returns to previous regions to compete in older leagues, while helping Kou/Gou look for rare Pokemon to catch. I HIGHLY doubt they are getting rid of the female protagonist, there roles and popularity have only been increasing for the last 2 series. But if there was a "new" female character, she would have been included in the reveal. They are holding out to surprise us with the inclusion of older companions. I think Serena is returning, and if we don't see Mao and Lillie's storyline rap up in the next 5 episodes, I guarantee they will be present in the new series as well.

So it was Espeon on the poster
Rats! You win this round.

I have a new theory: What if the anime is separated into two main storylines? One will focus on Ash and the other one on Gou. Ash's storyline will be more traditionally were it represents the new mainline games and where he travels trough Galar, with a girl and a boy companion and earns all his badges, while Go's story is something more experimental and will focus more on the idea's based on the mobile games.
This appears to be false considering there are many scenes of them visiting regions together on the poster.

You're forgetting also that the true target audience are the children, especially those in Japan. We must try to be mature and move on with our lives.
Not necessarily. Judging by many of their statements, they are making a huge push to win back fans who grew up with the series. This is one of the huge successes of Pokemon Go and the LGPE games, and for Go the majority of players are actually adult. You can see the Brock and Misty cameo as a testing of the waters, and that worked very will in piquing the interest of many fans who have grow out of the series long ago. Nostalgia has proved to be the most profitable approach for TPC in recent years.

Staff is literally the exact same of Sun and Moon. Get ready for SM 2.0 lol.
We can only hope they learned from their mistakes. The writer of Ash VS Hau seemed legitimately apologetic on twitter. And the main writer for this new series seems to have been around since OS, so they could be more adaptable than you think.

Anyways I really hope we get more info within the next week or so, I really don't want to do another month and a half of this!

Except that would make it harder for Iris to return, if she is coming back that is.

Not necessarily...

We've had characters with duplicate Pokemon before, such as May with Bulbasaur and Dawn with Cyndaquil, there's no reason why (hypothetically) both Dragonite couldn't appear together. If, to continue my wild stab in the dark about the Dragonite, like Bewear, it isn't owned by Team Rocket and doesn't battle regularly, an episode showing it clashing with Iris' Dragonite could be quite interesting (similar to Bewear VS Pheromosa).

Also, if Iris does return, she might not even have Dragonite with her. It could be training, left behind to protect the Village of Dragons. Or, if theories hold true and this is a reboot of sorts, they might just not feature it at all and stick characters with just their signature Pokemon.

There are lots of ways around about it. I would actually love to see more duplicate Pokemon, owned by different trainers on the show to highlight some of the differences and varieties there can be in individual species.

Yikes a was really hoping for more than that. An animated trailer or something. But I guess that's the disappointment you get when you're blessed/cursed with leaks. I'm going to remain optimistic as they didn't really show anything that we didn't see from the leak. I'm still going to operate on the assumption that this isn't a reboot, so perhaps we're looking at a series where Ash returns to previous regions to compete in older leagues, while helping Kou/Gou look for rare Pokemon to catch. I HIGHLY doubt they are getting rid of the female protagonist, there roles and popularity have only been increasing for the last 2 series. But if there was a "new" female character, she would have been included in the reveal. They are holding out to surprise us with the inclusion of older companions. I think Serena is returning, and if we don't see Mao and Lillie's storyline rap up in the next 5 episodes, I guarantee they will be present in the new series as well.

This appears to be false considering there are many scenes of them visiting regions together on the poster.

Not necessarily. Judging by many of their statements, they are making a huge push to win back fans who grew up with the series. This is one of the huge successes of Pokemon Go and the LGPE games, and for Go the majority of players are actually adult. You can see the Brock and Misty cameo as a testing of the waters, and that worked very will in piquing the interest of many fans who have grow out of the series long ago. Nostalgia has proved to be the most profitable approach for TPC in recent years.

We can only hope they learned from their mistakes. The writer of Ash VS Hau seemed legitimately apologetic on twitter. And the main writer for this new series seems to have been around since OS, so they could be more adaptable than you think.

Anyways I really hope we get more info within the next week or so, I really don't want to do another month and a half of this!
This new anime could be a way to entise the Mobile players to watch the show.

Well that was underwhelming....I thought we'd get more explanation and a trailer, but all we know is Ash is back and we have a co-protagonist named Go, who I hope has a better dub name than Go. Are they traveling together? Will we spend a few episodes with Ash, then see what Go is up to?

Well that was underwhelming....I thought we'd get more explanation and a trailer, but all we know is Ash is back and we have a co-protagonist named Go, who I hope has a better dub name than Go. Are they traveling together? Will we spend a few episodes with Ash, then see what Go is up to?
Looking closely in the poster, it shows that they will be together for the new series.

This new anime could be a way to entise the Mobile players to watch the show.
I think so too. But I believe that a large portion of the Mobile audience were fans of the series when they were younger, and got back into the series with Go and LGPE. It seems their plan is to offer something to every fan of series, young and old, and create a series that can appeal to everyone. That's the plan anyway, the execution is another matter.

Its confirmed that only Ash and Go will be traveling this series.

Do we really need a female lead, or does the anime really need one? In my eyes, a story can also work with just two guys. I'm always so baffled that so many shows are perfectly okay in having just girls as the main center, but if it is a show about boys, it turns into a huge issue for many.
Pokémon is not a show about boys. And can you give an example of a modern show with just girls?
Wow. The Staff is the exact same of Sun and Moon. Daiki Tomiyasu who was Series Director gets promoted to General Executive Director. Maki Kodaira who was Assistant Director gets promoted to Series Director. Yasuda who designed all the Alolan Girls stays as Character Designer. Shoji Yonemura who wrote most of the Ultra Beast Episodes is promoted to Series Head Writer.
Staff is literally the exact same of Sun and Moon. Get ready for SM 2.0 lol.
Please stop spreading false news just to troll people. Pokémon series cast rarely changes.
Its confirmed that only Ash and Go will be traveling this series.
No.

After some studying, I've discovered that Go is not a companion at all. Instead both Ash and Go are Protagonist Duos, meaning that there is still a chance for a Female Companion after all.

Instead of Ash, now it's Ash and Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom