• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think that the main series will end in the near future.
Maybe not in 3 years, but 6? Or 9? After what’s happening this year compared with 3 years ago with SM, anything can happen in the next 10 years.

Last edited:
I can see how the double protagonist thing could be a ploy to let ash go, but it makes no sense to me that they would let ash go without making him age.
The only reason for him to be eternally 10 is for him to remain a character for kids to identify with for the foreseeable future, but if this was his last season they could make him 17, and if it was is second to last season they could make him 16.
It is already weird enough to have a 10 years old be a champion, if they were doing it without reason it would be even weirder.

Back then, contests were the only other goal in the game, and they already give Iris a different goal. So, I'm not really seeing the issue here.
Contests in the games were an optional side activity in the games that were just as easily ignored but that’s not so much the issue as that’s the only goal that they could think to give the girls. I mean, what are the odds that with all the different personalities and tastes in the world that 2 girls from 2 different regions back to back would be into Pokémon Contests? But of course, the writers couldn’t think of any other kind of goal to give the girls so they just repeated the same exact goal twice in a row.

And Iris is a terrible example to give for a good use of having another goal as her “goal” was as much of a lip service as Misty’s where they mention wanting to be a master of a certain type of Pokémon and then proceed to do nothing with it. A better option for Iris would have been that she had a goal of becoming the next gym leader of the Opelucid gym and have her capture and raise different dragon types. That you can actually see her making steps towards rather than what we were given.

Last edited:
I guess this confirms either Gou or Ash will challenge Gyms in Regions outside of Galar.

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1178627964709130244

Translated from Bing:

"If Dynamaxing is made possible in a region other than Galar, it will need to be greatly reviewed and renovated the size of the battle facilities in various places. If it is a half-hearted gym, it is damaged by The Dynamaxed Wailord."

I tried fixing the words. But if Dynamaxing can be done outside of Galar, then it's possible that the Gen 4 Remakes will use Dynamaxing in Sinnoh's Gyms.

Last edited:
Thank you!
Here's the original

"If Daimax is made possible in a region other than Galal, it will need to be greatly reviewed and renovated the size of the battle facilities in various places. If it is a half-hearted gym, it is damaged by The Diemax of HoelO."

Yeah, you get confused with some of the words.

Well, you can still use a bit of your own imagination for some characters. I know that the anime is solely there to promote the games, but that doesn't mean that you can not put in a few of your own ideas that have nothing to do with the games. Brock, for example, wanted to be a doctor and Clemont was an inventor. They surely can also find something else for the girl characters to do.

Let's say, Nessa would become a companion, then they can give her a story where she wants to be a great lifeguard, which uses the help of water Pokémon to save other peoples lives. It is an idea that isn't in the games but would fit with her image, personality and would give the Pokémon a different use. Not every human in Pokémon world is a battler.

Last edited:
If they're doing gym battles in the non-Galar regions (which I was kind of hoping they wouldn't), it better be Gou doing them. I want to see Ash battling leaders he's never battled before. Hopefully Ash will do Galar's and Gou can do the rest.
I don't see what's wrong with the occasional unofficial rematch here and there. Some notable examples like Sabrina, Tate and Liza, Maylene .etc. come to mind.

If they're doing gym battles in the non-Galar regions (which I was kind of hoping they wouldn't), it better be Gou doing them. I want to see Ash battling leaders he's never battled before. Hopefully Ash will do Galar's and Gou can do the rest.

Gou won’t be challenging gyms. That isn’t his goal.

I don't see what's wrong with the occasional unofficial rematch here and there. Some notable examples like Sabrina, Tate and Liza, Maylene .etc. come to mind.

For me it's because Ash has already battled them in some form or fashion. Meanwhile we've got 8 gym leaders for him to face in Galar (more if you throw in version exclusives). I'd rather him focus on them instead of fooling around with leaders he's already battled before.

Gou won’t be challenging gyms. That isn’t his goal.

There are characters who have challenged gyms, entered contests, done trials, etc even though it wasn't their goal before, so idk why it wouldn't be possible for Gou to do so as well.

Ash is still 10 in the anime. It’s likely the Ash only went through the Orange Islands a couple of months ago in anime time.
Less than two months, actually, since Ash began his journey with two months to go until he turned eleven, so he's gone through seven regions and seven leagues in less than seven weeks

So of course now's when he wins a league

For me it's because Ash has already battled them in some form or fashion. Meanwhile we've got 8 gym leaders for him to face in Galar (more if you throw in version exclusives). I'd rather him focus on them instead of fooling around with leaders he's already battled before.

There are characters who have challenged gyms, entered contests, done trials, etc even though it wasn't their goal before, so idk why it wouldn't be possible for Gou to do so as well.

They can have Ash challenge Forrest, Janine and the new Viridian Gym Leader, just to mix things up.

Less than two months, actually, since Ash began his journey with two months to go until he turned eleven, so he's gone through seven regions and seven leagues in less than seven weeks

So of course now's when he wins a league

I don't think it makes sense to use information from the novels since some of it does clash with information from the series, such as how Gym Leaders get in trouble after losing three battles in a row, or something along those lines. It also just seems kind of meaningless to figure out how much time has passed in the anime when there's no way he could have traveled through multiple regions in less than two months. Personally, I just go with the notion that time does pass in the anime, but no one ages. It doesn't make a lot of sense either, but I can accept that a lot more than everything happening within less than a year.

If they are going to challenge other Gyms outside of Galar, then it makes much more sense for Go to do that instead of Ash. Not only because Ash has already defeated them, but also because it would give Go something proactive to do with his Pokemon. Sure, his goal is to capture Mew and every other Pokemon, but I imagine that he'll want to do something with his Pokemon besides just that. Otherwise, it would be kind of dull to see him catch Pokemon without doing anything else. This would also be one of the few ways that I think that they could pull off having two characters going after Gym badges at the same time in the main cast. If Ash already has badges from the older Gyms, then we don't have to go through each Gym battle at least twice in a row, if not more depending on whether or not a character loses. It might not create as much variety between Ash and Go's battles compared May and Dawn's Contest battles, but it would still give Go something proactive to do and potentially showcase his Pokemon becoming stronger over the course of the series.

I just wonder how many Gyms from each region they'll tackle. I don't think it would be productive or even plausible for them to go to every Gym in each region over the course of the series, but going to some of the Gym with the most popular Gym leaders could work. I also still hope that Ash will be able to challenge the Galar Gyms and the Galar region will still get a good amount of attention throughout the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom