• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen 14,000,605 different timelines and in only one of them fans will be satisfied with the upcoming Pocket Monsters series, the rest including this one fans will hate it.

I feel like I have to mention I'm kidding everytime I make a post like this so no one takes me seriously.
I mean, its the Pokemon Fandom really. There's really no need to take fans seriously.

So no Elite 4 for Galar, since there will be 18 Gyms with 18 Types. Unless the Elite 4 will be mixed typings.

I've seen 14,000,605 different timelines and in only one of them fans will be satisfied with the upcoming Pocket Monsters series, the rest including this one fans will hate it.

I feel like I have to mention I'm kidding everytime I make a post like this so no one takes me seriously.
Does that one timeline feature Gao as a girl? Because I think that may have at least inched us closer to the correct timeline :p

Reading Serebii's post on the new anime, it sounds to me like Go is the male version of Dawn to how events would lead him and Scorbunny together.

To train up his Pokemon (nobody wants weak ones!), he has to have a role in the end of the series where something bad happens and Ash and everyone else saves the region, this has been part of the normal story structure for 7 generations and I see no reason for them to change it up.
You don't have to go after the gyms to train your Pokemon. How all Ash's previous companions did ?

Go can be a trainer or even save the world without parricipating to the league.

They brought up 2 protagonists with 2 different goals, that would be pretty lame if they ended up doing the same thing.

Seems like the new series will be far more Battle Focused than we thought. Far more than DP and XY

You don't have to go after the gyms to train your Pokemon. How all Ash's previous companions did ?

Go can be a trainer or even save the world without parricipating to the league.

They brought up 2 protagonists with 2 different goals, that would be pretty lame if they ended up doing the same thing.

But if Ash does the Major gyms, while Go does the Minor ones, they aren't doing the same thing.

But DP and XY were already pretty battle focused as was. How do we take that to the next level?
With what we have been revealed of the 18 Gyms. Perhaps that's why we now have a male companion instead of female. Not just for a nice change because the Female Companions have been done to death and that there are too many of them, but also because of the heavy emphasis of battling, and in ALL Regions no less. As much as I would love and was hoping for another female companion am still heartsore with this unexpected change. It seems as if they are wanting less main characters so to make it easier to write and have proper character development, thus reduced it to just 2, Ash and Go. Why should this matter I should be asking myself? When growing up we had shows that had a majority male cast. But yet we have been so used to having female characters added in in our day of age, that now just like that, the show had done a 180.

Everything TPCi and GF have done thus far is like a big slap in the face. Like as if I can never be a part of it, and whenever they go a different direction, and not show us too much just so to keep it a secret (by now the suspense is killing me), it's like they just crawled out of the screen and smack me.

Last edited:
But if Ash does the Major gyms, while Go does the Minor ones, they aren't doing the same thing.

They would be doing the same thing, regardless if one is major and one is minor. It all falls into the battling concept.

BTW, I don't get the "Gou is like Dawn" theory. Dawn was basically a female Ash, Gou is being promoted as "ying" to Ash's "yang".

They would be doing the same thing, regardless if one is major and one is minor. It all falls into the battling concept.

BTW, I don't get the "Gou is like Dawn" theory. Dawn was basically a female Ash, Gou is being promoted as "ying" to Ash's "yang".

So that means Dawn (Or May) also did the same thing as Ash, since Contest involved battling. Same with Cilan and Iris in BW, due to the Don George tournaments. So your argument is a little flawed for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom