• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry, deleted the post.

We don't allow 4chan links because young kids reading this thread might wander there, I was trying to say we should be careful about what youtube channels we are linking to here

If the video talks about pokemon only I guess it's ok.

I am sorry, deleted the post.

We don't allow 4chan links because young kids reading this thread might wander there, I was trying to say we should be careful about what youtube channels we are linking to here
Whatever the case, it is something that we should be aware of when it comes to creating anime. Pokemon included if the animation process is similar.

Whatever the case, it is something that we should be aware of when it comes to creating anime. Pokemon included if the animation process is similar.

I am hedging my bets on advanced AI saving the anime industry in Japan, AI has already written a new chapter of Harry Potter, one day I think it will be able to create entire videogames and movies within seconds.

You people may laugh, but folks in the 1700s would have laughed at the idea of cars.

I am hedging my bets on advanced AI saving the anime industry in Japan, AI has already written a new chapter of Harry Potter, one day I think it will be able to create entire videogames and movies within seconds.

You people may laugh, but folks in the 1700s would have laughed at the idea of cars.

I never doubt AI, everyday new things, some at first glance unbelievable, are coming.

I dunno if I like the sound of two characters challenging gyms though. Maybe it's because I just find gyms overrated in general, but seeing Ash take them on is enough for me.

They could always make them function differently. I assume the Major League will be the gym battles in the huge stadiums with that are filmed and broadcast on television. The minor league might simply be a set of smaller scale, more casual battles.

This major league and minor league news has me stoked. As a sports fan, this is a concept I never even thought of before, and I think it's super interesting. I can absolutely see Ash taking on the major league gym leaders, and Gou taking on the minor leagues, be it all of the leaders or just a few. It's not like it would be strange; they had Dawn have a gym battle, after all, which I thought was cool.

I just sincerely hope that if this adapted in the anime, they do a better job with it than the trials. I loved those in the games, and the anime did not do them justice.

Pacing has been an issue with the New Executive Director, Daiki Tomiyasu's Works. In Pokemon Origins we had plenty of things skipped. In Pokemon Generations we were promised false things ("stories you have never seen before!" turns out to be the exact same as the games ) and had absolutely atrociously paced battles. And in Sun & Moon, we have the Aether Arc, 1 Year between a Grand Trial and a Dragged Out Necrozma Arc. Hopefully he fixes his pacing a little since the New Anime seems to have a lot going on.

Here's a good description from one comment on a Youtube video concerning Ash's past companions...

They were protagonists but not the main characters. A easy proof of that is by looking at the promotional posters. This is first time where Ash is sharing the center. In the past the other characters are either behind Ash, off to the side, or in the background.

So it's still likely that Ash and Gou would have a Female Companion in Galar. Gloria would fit well of being Gou's childhood friend who's also starting her journey at the same time by having Grookey as her starter, and be joining him and Ash through Galar. There's still one more to make 10 Female Companions in all. Imagine them and a fourth companion together battling a Raid Battle Pokemon.

The main villains, aside from Team Rocket would be the two rival trainers of Bede and Marnie with Team Yell, who will not just be in Galar, but in all other Regions as well.

Main CharactersProtagonists
OS-SMAshKanto/Johto: Misty and Brock/Tracey.
Hoenn: May, Max and Brock.
Sinnoh: Dawn and Brock.
Unova: Iris and Cilan.
Kalos: Serena, Clemont and Bonnie.
Alola: Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles
PMAsh and GouGalar: Female Companion (Gloria) and possibly another companion
Kanto/Johto: Misty and Brock.
Hoenn: May and Max.
Sinnoh: Dawn.
Unova: Iris and Cilan.
Kalos: Serena, Clemont and Bonnie.
Alola: Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles

Last edited:
I agree that Ash and Go being in the center probably means they are both main characters and that other protagonists like a female companion is still possible.

Bede and Marnie villains ? Rivals are usually not real villains. Also Team Yell is obviously a sub-villain like Team Skull was.

Also again some of Ash previous companion are supposed to be travelling. For example, why Serena would travel in Kalos again... The most reasonable assumption is a new companion from Galar. Maybe Ash will met previous friends but travelling with them ?
Of course this only applies if this is not a reboot.

Guys, the more I think about it, the more the past regions thing makes no sense to me unless it's two separate series... like what even are the logistic of more than one region in a single series.
I dare almost say we are getting two versions like the game. Ash is in the blue series and Go is in the red series.
I'm not sure if one of the series could be shield and the other sword because one of them is probably not often in galar.
Maybe the current title is just pokemon because there is going to be two subtitles.

Well they are officially presented as the new villain Team so yes, they are "villains". But indeed we all know that in fact they are just a toxic fan club and the real villains are somewhere else. The same way Team Skull was presented as the new villain Team but are just troubleshooters for most of them and not a real threat.

Pacing has been an issue with the New Executive Director, Daiki Tomiyasu's Works. In Pokemon Origins we had plenty of things skipped. In Pokemon Generations we were promised false things ("stories you have never seen before!" turns out to be the exact same as the games ) and had absolutely atrociously paced battles. And in Sun & Moon, we have the Aether Arc, 1 Year between a Grand Trial and a Dragged Out Necrozma Arc. Hopefully he fixes his pacing a little since the New Anime seems to have a lot going on.

Pokemon Origins was meant to be rushed paced. Pokemon Generations are only 'savories teasers', known stories told from new perspectives and with some twists.

I love Generations. o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom