• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They redone first generation in Pokemon I choose you. And the lugia movies are rubbish. No more lugia in movies, please !!!
Those are movies, this is anime. Both are different, and it’s understandable to why they’re doing this since SM will end self contained and no Gen 8 Pokémon.

This major league and minor league news has me stoked. As a sports fan, this is a concept I never even thought of before, and I think it's super interesting. I can absolutely see Ash taking on the major league gym leaders, and Gou taking on the minor leagues, be it all of the leaders or just a few. It's not like it would be strange; they had Dawn have a gym battle, after all, which I thought was cool.

I just sincerely hope that if this adapted in the anime, they do a better job with it than the trials. I loved those in the games, and the anime did not do them justice.

The thing is Mayor and Minor Leagues seem to be complicated in the game. A Mayor League in Sword won't be a Mayor League in Shield.

So, I don't know how they could adapt this in the anime (as I doubt they just want to promote just one version).

The SM saga not having any Gen 8 Pokemon in it does not mean that this new saga is a reboot.
Unlike past Gens, this year they have not introduced the next Gens, the only thing close was that Detective Laki episode where you see him in London.

The thing is Mayor and Minor Leagues seem to be complicated in the game. A Mayor League in Sword won't be a Mayor League in Shield.

So, I don't know how they could adapt this in the anime (as I doubt they just want to promote just one version).

They could always just mix it up. Like if there are hypothetically 4 pairs of version exclusive gym leaders, they could pick 2 from the major leagues of both games to use for the show while the others will just be in the minor league.

There's really no need to take fans seriously.

If you're the kind of person who doesn't care about their franchise and would enjoy watching it burn, then I guess you're right.

'Cause ignoring your fanbase and ridiculing them will definitely result in alienating the people who'd actually be willing to support it even at its worst and would basically kill your franchise (or, if it's lucky to be huge enough, then at least bring it close to the brink of death).

Pokefan Releasing on Friday will have new information on both the Games and Anime. It is pixelated on purpose.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    708.3 KB · Views: 134
I REALLY hope we’re getting CU (current universe) Ash and not AU Ash. I like the AU movies, but they’re better off in the movies. I’m glad that they’re going back to a battle oriented series though, those tend to be my favorites. I do want a female companion.

I REALLY hope we’re getting CU (current universe) Ash and not AU Ash. I like the AU movies, but they’re better off in the movies. I’m glad that they’re going back to a battle oriented series though, those tend to be my favorites. I do want a female companion.
The anime looks as if it'll end self contained with Ash returning to Pallet Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom