• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve always ended the region arcs like that since DP.
except BW where it transitions to XY, then XY ended like DP.

They're doing this for promotion, like as if the series is going to be a complete fresh start from the original. Starting from Kanto to Galar again.

They could easily do the fresh start with CU Ash, with him going through the regions to do the leagues again. I don’t really care for Gou yet, but that’s only because their’s little information on him yet. Implanting AU Ash would result in a lot of confusion.

They could easily do the fresh start with CU Ash, with him going through the regions to do the leagues again. I don’t really care for Gou yet, but that’s only because their’s little information on him yet. Implanting AU Ash would result in a lot of confusion.
well it's all to do with money at the end of the day. The anime is just there to act as some giant advertisement for the Pokemon, events and marketing. They've been doing the old formula for 22 years and are now wanting a change. The main target audience are children, and most have not known the original series. If they do the CU Ash, then I wouldn't mind with that. However if they do go down the AU route, then... there you go, the answers right above.

Last edited:
Gou's Goal seems like one of those goals, they don't bother to even make progress about. Like are we seriously gonna see 800+ Pokemon including all the Mythicals and Legendaries being caught? This includes the New Pokemon Ash will also get. I bet Ash will have 5 Pokemon and Gou will like have only 2 at the end of the series just like the rest of Ash's Past Companions. Its something that's certain when you play the game but definitely not for the Anime.

Last edited:
Gou's Goal seems like one of those goals, they don't bother to even make progress about. Like are we seriously gonna see 800+ Pokemon including all the Mythicals and Legendaries being caught? This includes the New Pokemon Ash will also get. I bet Ash will have 5 Pokemon and Gou will like have only 2 at the end of the series just like the rest of Ash's Past Companions. Its something that's certain when you play the game but definitely not for the Anime.
I personally do not see how this will work, which stands to reason of why anime (as well as animation) is a dying art form.

I'm sure people have mentioned this already but I'm wondering if a party of 2 means an offical costar a la Dawn, with room to rotate characters from other regions. That has potential to be great if it is what they're going for.

Also wondering if that interview from around the SM Kanto eps (can't bother to look it up right now) that mentioned possible trips to other regions might have been a hint towards the next series.

I'm sure people have mentioned this already but I'm wondering if a party of 2 means an offical costar a la Dawn, with room to rotate characters from other regions. That has potential to be great if it is what they're going for.

Also wondering if that interview from around the SM Kanto eps (can't bother to look it up right now) that mentioned possible trips to other regions might have been a hint towards the next series.
I'm also wanting to see who the Female Companion will be for Galar? I'm hoping that it could be Gloria, since from the calendar, Grookey seems to be more in the back than Sobble (who will likely be Ash's) and with the other pokemon that belonged to the female companions, such as Snowy, Sylveon and Shaymin.

You're forgetting that the target audience were not around when the original series was made.
I never understood this excuse. Kids weren't around, sure, but this is the age of the internet where we can google something and it would come up. I'm sure kids google things about their favorite shows, mostly trying to find clips or full episodes i presume.

I never understood this excuse. Kids weren't around, sure, but this is the age of the internet where we can google something and it would come up. I'm sure kids google things about their favorite shows, mostly trying to find clips or full episodes i presume.
Right, I've said similar, they could easily look for the older episodes online. However, it seems like the new show is trying to make it all up to date for today kids.

It seems the role of Gou a deutagonist is bigger than any other Satoshi companyon.

I mean Dawn was called "co-protagonist", but her role wasn't so different from May.

In change, the roles between Satoshi and Go are more complementary.

Even Rica Matsumoto (Voice actor of Satoshi) say this:

"Since the new series involves two protagonists that are one in body and soul, I'm going to live up to that by playing Satoshi with a lot of soul. What's going to happen to him in the face of all these new encounters and adventures? Satoshi is unlikely to ever back down no matter what he has to go up against, so please cheer him on."

Right, I've said similar, they could easily look for the older episodes online. However, it seems like the new show is trying to make it all up to date for today kids.

It isn't that kids can look for this. They can look some old episodes if it interests them.

The point is to make an anime easily accesible for kids. If the anime isn't easily accessible, this could alienate kids (in which case they won't look for old episodes, since they don't have interest).

That's the reason why Youkai Watch has a reboot.

Last edited:
Good: return to Unova but it's written a lot better than BW.

Bad: return to Unova and it's written exactly like BW.

You're such a kid! :p

Though seriously, that IS a good point. SM is neck-and-neck with BW when it comes to suckiness. BW's plot and battles may've sucked, but at least it HAD a plot and battles. And with the creative team for PM being the same dopes behind SM, one has to wonder how much better or worse they can make episodes in Unova... :unsure:

By the way...just how IS this supposed to work anyway? Will Ash & Go spend a few episodes at a region at a time, or will it be divided into subsaga per region???:confused_emoji:

Though I swear to Arceus, if Iris shows up as Isshu's Champion with a Mega-Evolving Garchomp, I'm outta here!

I can't get over Rica's statement that Ash and Gou are "one in both body and soul". What an odd thing to say. Does it mean that they're very similar, or that they are extremely close friends? Maybe such a bond has something to do with dynamaxing? In any case, it looks like the new series will have quite an emotional edge to it, with Rica declaring that she will play with a lot more soul. Honestly it's hard to imagine Ash having a very intimate relationship with another human character. That side of him has previously been reserved for his Pokemon.

Last edited:
By the way...just how IS this supposed to work anyway? Will Ash & Go spend a few episodes at a region at a time, or will it be divided into subsaga per region???:confused_emoji:

That remains to be seen. But if we do get DP remakes I won't be surprised if they do a lengthy Sinnoh arc.

Information courtesy of Pokémon Fan
PVc3JoV.jpg

POCKET MONSTERS
A new TV show

It will premiere November 17th at 5:30pm as an extra long live special!!

The show will air every Sunday at 6pm on the TV Tokyo Network!

OkkAiuj.jpg

The new show that will soon begin will have two protagonists! What kind of adventures will they have?

THE TWO ADVENTURING PROTAGONISTS!!
The name of the boy that carries the story along together with Satoshi is named Go. Look forward to the new adventure they will take you on!

SATOSHI:
Satoshi's clothes are new as well! The item he holds in his right hand and the content of his backpack are both very intriguing!
PIKACHU:
It's already one in body and soul with Satoshi! The irreplacable partner!
GO:
He looks about as tall as Satoshi! We're waiting impatiently to see him animated!
HIBUNNY:
One of the new and interesting Pokémon already makes its appearance! In what way is it related to Go?!

The show is set in EVERY REGION!!

This time the adventure isn't just limited to a single region! We'll no doubt be meeting more Pokémon than we can count!

With regards to the rotating co-protagonists, I'd like to see the girls out of their home region tbh.

Kanto - Lillie (and Gloria if she even appears)
Johto - May if she even appears again, Clemont and Sophocles
Hoenn - Iris
Sinnoh - Mallow
Unova - Misty and Kiawe
Kalos - Lana and Cilan
Alola - Dawn
Galar - Serena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom