• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart and soul...? So, does he and Ash maybe have a past with each other? Kinda like with Serena only more fleshed out? It would be nice if Ash had for once a good human friend because in my eyes he never really had one. With Misty and Iris he only really argued about things and got into a fight with them, Brock, Cilan, and Clemont were more there to cook for him and provide medical help and with Tracey, May, Max, Serena, Lillie, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles he didn't really share much of about with them. The closest ones I can call out as true friends are Dawn and Prof. Kukui. And even both of them are a hard stretch.

This is something I personally want to see from the new anime. More human relationships. We already know the relationship between Ash and Pikachu, and Pikachu isn't really that interesting as a character because he doesn't has that much depth to it. Like many other Pokémon, it is very loyal to him, but besides that, it doesn't offer much as a character.

Interesting they are hinting Ash past. He wants to battle because of a certain event in his past.
Could it be that guy who own Pasio?

Information courtesy of Pokémon Fan
PVc3JoV.jpg

POCKET MONSTERS
A new TV show

It will premiere November 17th at 5:30pm as an extra long live special!!
The show will air every Sunday at 6pm on the TV Tokyo Network!

OkkAiuj.jpg

The new show that will soon begin will have two protagonists! What kind of adventures will they have?

THE TWO ADVENTURING PROTAGONISTS!!
The name of the boy that carries the story along together with Satoshi is named Go. Look forward to the new adventure they will take you on!

SATOSHI:
Satoshi's clothes are new as well! The item he holds in his right hand and the content of his backpack are both very intriguing!
PIKACHU:
It's already one in body and soul with Satoshi! The irreplacable partner!
GO:
He looks about as tall as Satoshi! We're waiting impatiently to see him animated!
HIBUNNY:
One of the new and interesting Pokémon already makes its appearance! In what way is it related to Go?!

The show is set in EVERY REGION!!

This time the adventure isn't just limited to a single region! We'll no doubt be meeting more Pokémon than we can count!
An affectionate bond in true friendship. That’s a rarity these days since people today would no doubt think of the relationship as something else

I'm a sucker for continuity so I hope that:

1. This is a continuation of Ash's journey and not some AU. I am led to believe that, thankfully, the former is likely to be the case. But I'm not going to be happy unless we get official confirmation, hopefully Sunday.

2. If this is a continuation, there will be connections or at least nods to past events and/or characters. Traveling to past regions gives that opportunity. I want this series to be its own thing and not some nostalgiafest, but I do hope that the traveling aspect gives some room to properly integrate some more continuity.

Pikachu and Gou must be the same person.

Also hopefully the contents of Ash's backpack are 5 previously retired Pokemon
We could see some of the old Pokemon coming back, such as Ash's Greninja, James' Chimcho and Cacnea and other things in this new series. If there is going to be a DP remake next year (Which is more than likely due to merch next year), then we can guarentee that the Sinnoh Arc is going to be big, just as the Galar Arc for the first season would be.

Last edited:
I was thinking of another episode where, if Ash does get a Sobble, and Greninja does return, I could see Greninja and Sobble as a sort of brotherly bond, a sort of protector for the little kid.

That would be nice, would remind me of the brotherly bond between Hawlucha and Noivern

I reckon for the english dub, the theme will be a nostalgic revamp of the original theme. Something like this. Come to think about the lyric, that fits both Ash and Gou all over.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prt1jjuivM8

Lyric...

Ash: I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.
Gou: To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.
Ash: We will travel across the world, searching far and wide.
Gou: Each Pokemon to understand, the power that's inside.

Both: Pokemon, gotta catch em all.

Ash: It's you and me.
Gou: We know it's our destiny.
Both: Pokemon.

Ash: Oh, you're my best friend.
Both: In a world we must defend.

Both: Pokemon, gotta catch em all.

Ash: Oh so true.
Both: Our courage will pull us through.
Gou: You teach me...
Ash: And I'll teach you.

Both: Pokemon

Ash: Gotta catch em all
Gou: Gotta catch em all
Both: Pokemon

Last edited:
I really hope he changes his clothing every now and then. Having 2, even 3 signature outfits that are rotated on a regular basis could be a decent idea that they've never done before and keeps things fresh. Not to mention a way to promote outfit sales and shit...

Then again, I'm not really a fan of shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom