• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show is set in EVERY REGION!!
This time the adventure isn't just limited to a single region! We'll no doubt be meeting more Pokémon than we can count!

As if they don't already cram in as many Pokemon as they possible can already...

I'm FAR more interested in the humans. Bring on the old rivals, Gym Leaders, and Eltie 4 Members, baby!
^sigh^
I'd say bring on the villains...but it's too little, too late :cry:

As expected, Game Freak fails to deliver once again.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1179816000138678273

870DD5AC-6D56-4A27-80B4-32EFCDF89B83.jpeg

I believe that sums it up.

The Gym Stuff is doomed. I hope it won't be the focus in the anime. Going to another town to collect badges is fun when you play but boring to watch.

The Gym Stuff is doomed. I hope it won't be the focus in the anime. Going to another town to collect badges is fun when you play but boring to watch.
Depends on just how battle focused things are. When there’s not a whole lot of battles going on, Gum battles are some of the most entertaining to watch since we get to see Ash’s skills as a trainer at work in an important battle rather than against TRio for the millionth time.

Then what is the difference between major and minor gyms? Seems fishy.
Just like there's Major/Minor Leagues Baseball and Football/Soccer.

For instance...

Minor League Football in the UK are Preston, Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton (Locally)

Whilst Major League Football in the UK are Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsonal (Global)

About one in body and soul thing:
Adamant said:
Considering Pokemon Fan used that "one in body and soul" line TWICE about Satoshi and Pikachu's bond, I think she might have been referring to Satoshi and Pikachu here, not Satoshi and Go. (Sorry shippers)

To tell the truth, considering they sent a correction, I bet it's Game Informer's fault this time.

Yeah, that seemed pretty likely. Admittedly, I'm disappointed that we don't have that many Gyms to battle in this time around, but blaming Game Freak/TPC over a mistake that Game Informer most likely made is a bit much.

It feels like a bit of an exaggeration to say that it's doomed just because we are getting the same amount of Gyms this time around. That's also kind of a strange claim to make in regards to collecting badges. Every series up until SM primarily involved Ash traveling around to another town to collect badges. Granted, I don't know how they'll handle the Galar region based on the setup for this series, but Ash traveling to different towns in a badge quest wasn't really boring to watch before and most fans wanted a return to the traveling badge collecting quest too.

Oof, that gym thing is disappointing. I feel like this whole news cycle, for both the games and the anime, has been really weird.

I do hope that the major league/minor league is still a thing (I think they are?) That would still be interesting to see in the anime. I don't necessarily have a problem with Ash going from gym to gym, especially since Galar's gyms already seem different enough with the huge stadiums, crowds, and uniforms. The writers have also gotten a lot better with fleshing out the gym leaders themselves in the show, so I've actually found gym episodes to be more interesting now than I did in the past.

I'd still like to see a "league is corrupt" storyline, honestly. And not like Alain corrupt; one where the people actually in charge of the league are responsible. I think that would be a super interesting culmination of the gym battles and to see how Ash would deal with that.

think ash might catch rhyhorn with success unlike the banned safiari zone episode

So a magazine mis-reports on something and it’s somehow Game Freak/The Pokémon Company’s fault?

I’ve literally never heard of anyone complain about getting “only” 8 gyms, why do people suddenly hate that idea?

I agree that the Sword and Sheild games are making a lot of questionable choices but people are blowing this waaaayyyy out of proportion. Why weren’t people complaining about “only” 8 gyms 3 weeks ago?

And to be honest between going to all of the regions as well as Galar I’m not sure how they’d manage 18 gyms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom