• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 18 gyms thing was debunked? Lol, it wasn't GF's fault tho but Game Informer's misleading...

Ok I hope a trailer is shown tomorrow, I wanna see a bit of animation at least, I'm optimistic about the new series.

True, especially after last week's disappointment

It was kind of disappointing because the poster leaked 2 days before the announcement, it would have been more exciting if it hasn't been leaked tho...

According to Serebii

''Scorbunny is an expert kicker who hates losing because it cares about its friends so much. An unexpected turn of events led to its fateful encounter with Go.''

I'm liking this personality a lot

Where this "summary" coming from? :oops: Scorbunny seems to be hot blooded!

I'm a bit worried about the upcoming anime. They really do not give out many pieces of information. They also said that many fans of previous animes will be disappointed with it. I really hope this isn't the case. After BW and especially XY turned me off from the anime, Sun and Moon brought me back. I really do not want this anime to turned out to be another BW or XY.

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried about the upcoming anime. They really do not give out many pieces of information. They also said that many fans of previous animes will be disappointed with it. I really hope this isn't the case. After BW and especially XY turned me off from the anime, SUn and Moon brought me back. I really do not want this anime to turned out to be another BW or XY.
What was wrong with XY? It felt a proper progression of the anime.

Since the new information airs on SM143, should it be safe to assume that the Kukui battle ends there (since it's technically a finale for the League) and the Koko battle is separate?
Apparently no since Kukui has one spare spot for Tapu Koko

What was wrong with XY? It felt a proper progression of the anime.
Not really. Ash was boring, TR had no real role, it forced in shipping drama into the anime that didn't progress the story of either Ash or Serena, Greninja was a spotlight-styling fame-yacker, and Serena was a water-downed version of Dawn/May.

XY was good because of the animation, Ash not being as dumb as he was in BW, Serena and Bonnie made for great companions, Team Flare had a great and serious arc
good animation doesn't always mean the story is better as well! Same for video games. Graphics don't make the game, gameplay and story does.

Last edited:
What the new series will probably be is fanservice nostalgia fest if this is going to be a continuation, with Ash and Go whilst or after competing in Galar, travelling to the previous Regions to see how everyone is doing.

Honestly we do not know where the new series will take us since they are wanting to deviate from the old stale formula that hasn't worked for in the past 6 Gens.

What the new series will probably be is fanservice nostalgia fest if this is going to be a continuation, with Ash and Go whilst or after competing in Galar, travelling to the previous Regions to see how everyone is doing.

Honestly we do not know where the new series will take us since they are wanting to deviate from the old stale formula that hasn't worked for in the past 6 Gens.
I don't think that this saga being a continuation means that this saga will have to be a fanservice nostalgia fest.

Why no animation in the teaser? The "anime" is going to have no plot, no nothing, no voice acting, no nothing.

Why no animation in the teaser? The "anime" is going to have no plot, no nothing, no voice acting, no nothing.
It does seem to feel that way, along with the reveal for SwSh so far. The suspense to some are not only taking it's toll, but is also trying everyone's patience after months on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom