• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I think the 3rd spot will be filled by people who come and go as a way to partially promote Masters.
In fact, at first I was a little surprised they don't have Ash by himself with a bunch of people temporarily joining him to better promote Masters.
...Then I remembered that Ash by himself would be very subpar, even with an army of supporting characters to try to help.

Perhaps Ash's first stop in his world tour is Unova for the Pokemon World Tournament!

Wait, is that even still a thing? :confused_emoji:

It wouldn't be the best marketing decision to not have a female character in the cast either.

How about all of them? ;)

Last edited:
This is very painful because I want to speculate about something tangible.

Well screw it, I'm sick of waiting for more news on this series and I'm sick of this chill I get down my spine every time I click on this thread, so here's some thoughts/wants I'd like to share:
  • Since Gou's getting Scorbunny, that leaves Ash with Grookey or Sobble, and I used to think that Ash might get Grookey because it reminds me of him for some odd reason, but now I've changed my mind and would probably prefer he get Sobble as it could lead to potentially interesting arcs teaching it to be less timid and stronger à la Goodra. Of course we still don't know what the starters will evolve into or what will be the most marketable (which would be the most likely starter Ash would be getting) but I'll stick with him getting Sobble till further notice. Also regarding Ash's team, I hope he gets at least one Galarian form and gets a full team BEFORE the league.
  • Although I enjoyed Sun & Moon for trying new things, I'm very glad Ash is traveling on a journey again as I think he learns more and better that way, and truth be told I find it more exciting.
  • I actually see some great potential with Ash traveling through multiple past regions as long as they don't focus too much on Kanto (I'm not hating on Kanto) or other past regions for that matter and too little on Galar. Ash could finally get to see some old friends and rivals again from past regions. Oh, and please bring back Butch and Cassidy, we haven't seen them since Diamond & Pearl if I'm not mistaken.
  • Balance the action and comedy, so everyone can be happy.
  • Have plenty of scenes with Ash not only training his Pokemon, but also physically training with them like in earlier series, one example: when Ash trained Staravia to learn Brave Bird.
  • Please give the rival(s) more attention; somewhere in Alola Hau still weeps that he couldn't show up earlier in Sun & Moon. Even Gladion didn't really appear enough for my liking.
Well that's it, my goal with this post is just to make this thread fun is all.

Last edited:
Eh, I think the 3rd spot will be filled by people who come and go as a way to partially promote Masters.
In fact, at first I was a little surprised they don't have Ash by himself with a bunch of people temporarily joining him to better promote Masters.

I still don't know about them trying to promote Masters. It's certainly not impossible and it could be potentially interesting. I'm just not sure if they'd put that much effort into promoting a mobile spin-off title. Pokemon Go is a much bigger hit than Master and the anime didn't start promoting it during SM.

How about all of them? ;)

Honestly, I still like that idea and it could explain why they haven't revealed a female lead yet. I don't know how likely it is for them to do that, but the idea sounds pretty neat at least.

This is very painful because I want to speculate about something tangible.

Well screw it, I'm sick of waiting for more news on this series and I'm sick of this chill I get down my spine every time I click on this thread, so here's some thoughts/wants I'd like to share:

Since Gou's getting Scorbunny, that leaves Ash with Grookey or Sobble, and I used to think that Ash might get Grookey because it reminds me of him for some odd reason, but now I've changed my mind and would probably prefer he get Sobble as it could lead to potentially interesting arcs teaching it to be less timid and stronger à la Goodra. Of course we still don't know what the starters will evolve into or what will be the most marketable (which would be the most likely start Ash would be getting) but I'll stick with him getting Sobble till further notice. Also regarding Ash's team, I hope he gets at least one Galarian form and get a full team BEFORE the league.

I'm still hoping for Ash to get Grookey myself, but a Sobble could be cute and interesting. A lot of it does depend on what the starters evolve into and we may not know that until the games come out at this rate. I just hope that Grookey is handled better than Rowlet regardless of who gets it. I'd also love to see Ash get a Galarian form. I thought that it was a shame he didn't get an Alolan Grimer or something like that. He also really needs a full team well before getting to the next League.

Golducky said:
Although I enjoyed Sun & Moon for trying new things, I'm very glad Ash is traveling on a journey again as I think he learns more and better that way, and truth be told I find it more exciting.

I have missed the traveling aspect of the series, even though I also appreciate SM doing something different. I just hope that they are able to spend a good amount of focus on Galar during the series.

Golducky said:
Have plenty of scenes with Ash not only training his Pokemon, but also physically training with them like in earlier series, one example: when Ash trained Staravia to learn Brave Bird.

Honestly, I'd be happy with more focus on training in general. That wasn't really a priority for Ash during SM, or at least I don't think we saw it happening too often.

Golducky said:
Please give the rival(s) more attention; somewhere in Alola Hau still weeps that he couldn't show up earlier in Sun & Moon. Even Gladion didn't really appear enough for my liking.

Well that's it, my goal with this post is just to make this thread fun is all.

Hau not showing up for so long was such a terrible idea. Gladion got more attention by comparison, but it was still pretty minimal at best. I just hope that they make good use of the rivals from the games this time around. I'd really love to see Ash and Marnie battle frequently so he could have a good female rival.

I still don't know about them trying to promote Masters.

Neither am I, but that's the only (good) reason I can think of they'd bother making Ash a world traveler instead of the saga taking place mostly in Galar... :unsure:

Mlst likely an old female campanion fills the spot until Galar where a new one is shown.

question if ash and go both want to catch the same pokemon how would they solve the problem since it'll probably be the two of them ?

If Ash does go to Unova for the World Tournament, hopefully it will be more enjoyable than the Junior Cup tournament
Ash would probably meet not only the past Champions such as Lance, Steven Stone, Cynthia and Alder, but will also meet up with Diantha and Leon.

I don't see the point in him going back to older regions if he's not going to rotate reserves, especially the ones who didn't get proper screentimes in the original runs or those who need to come back (powerhouses).

Well hopefully Ash will use some of his underused reserves like Glalie, Quilava, Gible and get a few evolutions

I really understand the goal Gou has, but what Ash is going to do in all those regions is a big Riddle to me.
If he is still Champion in the new series, then naturally he would have an easy pass to compete in each Region's Champion's League against each Region's Champion and Rival that got there before him.

I really understand the goal Gou has, but what Ash is going to do in all those regions is a big Riddle to me.

Same. I'm kind of hoping the region hopping is mainly for Gou to catch every Pokemon while Ash focuses on the gyms in Galar. It would be such a let down if Ash didn't participate in the biggest gym battles the series has ever seen. :(

Same. I'm kind of hoping the region hopping is mainly for Gou to catch every Pokemon while Ash focuses on the gyms in Galar. It would be such a let down if Ash didn't participate in the biggest gym battles the series has ever seen. :(
I honestly don't get why they give so less info about the series, if it premieres on the 17th of November

I honestly don't get why they give so less info about the series, if it premieres on the 17th of November
Tbh, the mainline games seem to be secondary now compared to what we had for 7 Gens. Now it's Go and Masters which are the primary focus for the anime. Despite being new, for a Gacha Game, Masters is catching up on revenue with Pokemon Go. And with possible Gen 8 characters added to it next year, and some Gen 8 Pokemon added in Go, it's obvious to me that these Mobile Games are what the new anime will be advertising.

And that to me, is upsetting and a waste of such great opportunities

They might just want to wait closer to the release before giving out big info, which is fine, just kind of annoying for those of us with a lot of questions.

I kind of hope Sunday will bring something new to the table, but since last time it was just map close-ups, I feel the same will be done next time with different regions. :(

Tbh, the mainline games seem to be secondary now compared to what we had for 7 Gens. Now it's Go and Masters which are the primary focus for the anime. Despite being new, for a Gacha Game, Masters is catching up on revenue with Pokemon Go. And with possible Gen 8 characters added to it next year, and some Gen 8 Pokemon added in Go, it's obvious to me that these Mobile Games are what the new anime will be advertising.

And that to me, is upsetting and a waste of such great opportunities

There's really no indication that Go and Masters are the primary focus for the anime. It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom