• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really no indication that Go and Masters are the primary focus for the anime. It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.

Pokemon Masters is suffering from being a Gacha game which is made worse by people not really finding the battles that enjoyable either. Its a shame, I wanted to see the humans (gym leaders, rivals, protagonists, etc.) get more character development.

It would be especially strange for Masters considering that it is so recent and I'm not sure if it would have been a key factor with the development for this new series. It just seems like a big conclusion to jump to that the anime will be promoting the mobile games. Aside from Pokemon Go, the Pokemon mobile games don't seem to be that popular, so I can't see the anime prioritizing them over the main series of games.

Though hey, they can always change their minds and change course later like they've done before ;)

This Thread is dead lol.
Such a dry period, I know.

So far I'm getting sick and tired of their recent decisions. It's great if they're trying to make a business move by hyping things up before the release of SwSh. However with them keeping us more in the dark than previous like XY, BW, DP (SM just botched it with too much info). If this is GF's future, then I do not know what to think of it.

Last edited:
Who knows, they say new news, but it could be a repeat.
At this point, you can't really trust them. Which is really sad to many of us because we are looking forward to the new stuff. They care more about money than their franchise as a whole, and I should've known because I thought of the exact same thing 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Well, first of all the "preview" we've seen after a month of hunger was a joke but I prefer not to get on that really. But then the "previews" we have every week are another joke on the face with the same thing just repeating itself. I can't help but get annoyed the followed pattern here. What is the point of any in the end of the day? It's not like the people in charge are dumb or anything. There is a difference between building hype and considering the audience dumb as hell.

Well, first of all the "preview" we've seen after a month of hunger was a joke but I prefer not to get on that really. But then the "previews" we have every week are another joke on the face with the same thing just repeating itself. I can't help but get annoyed the followed pattern here. What is the point of any in the end of the day? It's not like the people in charge are dumb or anything. There is a difference between building hype and considering the audience dumb as hell.
Perhaps they're not going to show ANYTHING until the games come out. Same for merchandising and the anime 2 days later. They want to get as much money in one fowl swoop as they possibly could on release day.

It's to try and build the hype, which seems to work for some. But for others, they have only turned away from it altogether.

Last edited:
So, are we getting a new trailer this week for the next series or is it a repeat?

I would say 60% chance it's the artworks for the other regions, 40% chance it's something new. But first we have to see if Corocoro has something, if there's nothing in Corocoro there probably won't be anything on Sunday.

So, are we getting a new trailer this week for the next series or is it a repeat?
I'm not too confident. Their 'reveals' have been irritatingly vague and feel like dripfeeds. Like they're intentionally trolling their fans...

First one was touted as "world premiere" and ended up being an announcement of an announcement. Four weeks later, we got another "major reveal"... of a leaked poster. The third one on last Sunday was similar to the second, except it was close-up images of some regions of the poster.

Pretty much their marketing for everything Pokemon lately has been irritatingly slow. The news drops for the games have slowed down dramatically in the last two months and info on the new anime has been too slow. We know literally nothing other than Ash is back, Gou is a co-protagonist, and it will take place across all regions. By this point for the Sun and Moon series, we knew all of Ash's companions, the whole school setting, and we had a full trailer.

Perhaps they're not going to show ANYTHING until the games come out. Same for merchandising and the anime 2 days later. They want to get as much money in one fowl swoop as they possibly could on release day.

It's to try and build the hype, which seems to work for some. But for others, they have only turned away from it altogether.
My god, you are just so negative.

At this point, you can't really trust them. Which is really sad to many of us because we are looking forward to the new stuff. They care more about money than their franchise as a whole, and I should've known because I thought of the exact same thing 10 years ago.

Of course they care more about money than anything else. That isn't something exclusive to The Pokemon Company. That's the main motivation for any business set to make a profit.

I'm not too confident. Their 'reveals' have been irritatingly vague and feel like dripfeeds. Like they're intentionally trolling their fans...

First one was touted as "world premiere" and ended up being an announcement of an announcement. Four weeks later, we got another "major reveal"... of a leaked poster. The third one on last Sunday was similar to the second, except it was close-up images of some regions of the poster.

To be fair, I wouldn't get on their case about the poster reveal. Someone else decided to leak it just a couple of days before the official reveal. If that didn't happen, then that announcement would have felt like a bigger deal. Maybe still not worth waiting four weeks for it, but it would have been more of a shock and we still got at least some information on Go that we didn't when the poster was leaked. That world exclusive premiere being an announcement of an announcement was pretty weak though. As disappointing as last week's news was, I'm not that upset since I wasn't even sure if it was confirmed that we'd get more information in the first place.

I want more information on the new series just as much as the next person, but aside from the announcement of an announcement, it doesn't come off like they're just trolling fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom