• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much their marketing for everything Pokemon lately has been irritatingly slow. The news drops for the games have slowed down dramatically in the last two months and info on the new anime has been too slow. We know literally nothing other than Ash is back, Gou is a co-protagonist, and it will take place across all regions. By this point for the Sun and Moon series, we knew all of Ash's companions, the whole school setting, and we had a full trailer.

I'm guessing this is a big reason we haven't seen more yet. New Pokemon they can't reveal, etc.

Pretty much their marketing for everything Pokemon lately has been irritatingly slow. The news drops for the games have slowed down dramatically in the last two months and info on the new anime has been too slow. We know literally nothing other than Ash is back, Gou is a co-protagonist, and it will take place across all regions. By this point for the Sun and Moon series, we knew all of Ash's companions, the whole school setting, and we had a full trailer.
We already know the entire main cast, I think.

So for all of you guys who are worried about the writing for this series, don’t worry. A bunch of writers were hired, and they’re either fresh new faces who are ready to write, or veteran writers who have done a lot in the past. There are two very notable hires;
Yuka Miyata, who wrote a lot of stuff for Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, and Reiko Yoshida, who’s most notable for writing the screenplay for the movie A Silent Voice. (Side note; if you haven’t seen the movie, go watch it. It is most definitely worth your time). With the amount of raw talent, energy and expertise in this writing team, I’m expecting good things from the new series. Here’s the source I got the info from;

Wonder if we'll see Mallow during the adventures in Sinnoh, maybe finding Gracedia flowers for Shaymin to take Sky forme, would be nice if they don't wrap that plot up during Sun and Moon

Wonder if we'll see Mallow during the adventures in Sinnoh, maybe finding Gracedia flowers for Shaymin to take Sky forme, would be nice if they don't wrap that plot up during Sun and Moon
And perhaps meet and be accompanied by Gardenia since both of them are experts on Grass Types. You might see how Cacnea is doing as well. But that's if this is going to be a special between SM and PM, or in PM itself. Hopefully the latter since we would like to see TRio in this story. Especially James,

Last edited:
I'm not surprised to why Cynthia would be the best Champion in the polls since she's thas more to her, her chemistry and story is very fleshed out in Gen 4 and 5, which explains why she's the most impressive and memorable Pokemon Champion of all time. With Ash wanting to become Pokemon Master, she had already been there.

I'm hoping Leon would somehow hold a candle, but with how GF/TPCi is handling thing, the chances for that are slipping.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised to why Cynthia would be the best Champion in the polls since she's thas more to her, her chemistry and story is very fleshed out in Gen 4 and 5, which explains why she's the most impressive and memorable Pokemon Champion of all time. With Ash wanting to become Pokemon Master, she had already been there.
She's a tall blonde with a Garchomp and Lucario, who happens to be the first female Champion. There isn't much more to it, and I wouldn't call her story fleshed out (Unova added nothing to it).

But there is no regional Champion in Alola so does not that make Ash automatically the Champion ?

She's a tall blonde with a Garchomp and Lucario, who happens to be the first female Champion. There isn't much more to it, and I wouldn't call her story fleshed out (Unova added nothing to it).
I think part of her popularity is also because she's the hardest Champion to defeat. Or at least that's why I like her.

But there is no regional Champion in Alola so does not that make Ash automatically the Champion ?
Ash would need to keep his title and be undefeatable for the longest time like Cynthia and Leon in order to be Regional Champion.

Last edited:
What could Gou's English name be?

What sort of personality do you think he has based on his design? I feel like he is going to be somewhere Sawyer and Gladion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom