• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well someone's wish of a main character owning Yamper has come true, even if it isn't Gloria

If it's just a base I'm ok. I hope they don't stay long in kanto at least for the beginning.

I hope they don't stay too long either, would be nice to see some old sites and characters again

A home based on Kanto seems surprising. New characters looks fine. I wonder if they're truly anime original, or, like Iris, will be revealed as game charcters after all.
Why introducing a new professor in Kanto?
Probably because Professor Oak's original voice actor is dead.
What's with 10 year old girls being drawn with large busts? Some Japanese fetish?
...that's just a saggy sailor uniform. Dirty minds see dirty things, they say.

The new professor is PokeStop-oriented. That role wouldn't really make sense for Prof. Oak, but it's funny that they aren't using Prof. Willow.

She's far more fleshed out than the other Champions, what is your point?
In terms of backstory, it's Alder. In terms of actually getting involved and not just letting the player do everything, it's Lance. Her role in DP was meager and Platinum only added exposition on Giratina and Arceus, and a bit of bossing the player around in the Distortion World.

Most people voted for her based on her looks and Pokemon. I am not sure why that bothers you when those are the usual parameters in this franchise.

I'm starting to doubt that any of the characters would challenge the Galar League.
It should have been clear for a while now that Ash isn't going to have enough time to collect 8 badges just in Galar. It depends on whether or not Galar accepts badges from other regions.

Platinum only added exposition on Giratina and Arceus, and a bit of bossing the player around in the Distortion World.
Perhaps she does this because she cares for the player, and that they’re in an uncharted place? Who doesn’t like a bit of exposition, even if it’s far too complex for us to understand.

What exactly is the premise of the show? I unfortunately do not see much potential in this show. An anime with a bunch of random adventures to different regions does not sound like a good time to me.
Just them going around to different regions doing research tasks for an anime-only professor. It's pretty much a Go anime now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom