• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just them going around to different regions doing research tasks for an anime-only professor. It's pretty much a Go anime now.

I hope we don't have to endure 1000 episodes of this... I mean I hope we don't even have to endure 10 episodes of this.

I hope we don't have to endure 1000 episodes of this... I mean I hope we don't even have to endure 10 episodes of this.
They’ll more than likely go the Digimon route of reboots for different series. Which to me is too little too late at this point. Perhaps travelling to different islands in SM was to showcase what’s to come for this region hopping series.

This series looks like it’s going to be another SM, but with less craziness. I wouldn’t be surprised if Marnie and Team Yell became the Team Skull to the series.

Looks like a teleportation machine

They’ll more than likely go the Digimon route of reboots for different series. Which to me is too little too late at this point. Perhaps travelling to different islands in SM was to showcase what’s to come for this region hopping series.
That's too much of a reach at this point. It can still be the original Ash.

Go/Masters: Yay, we're the main stars to the new anime series

SwSh: Am I a joke to you?

Welp, that's where the money goes. I personally do not like this new direction, but I can understand of why after the stagnation of Gen 1-6. But why repeat the same formula as Gen 7? Can't they just revamp the old formula to something fresh and new? Not saying that I won't give it a try, I just feel like they could've done something for SwSh, but instead they make it similar to Go.

I wonder how this will change Ash in any way. Not that I don't like the direction they are taking, but there is a lot of things that are still unclear at this moment. But I have to say that the backgrounds are amazing, so that is good already!

This isn't directly related, but the Pocket Monsters manga (the one with Clefairy) is finally ending after 23 years. It will be replaced by a new manga with the same title, which will be handled by the mangaka behind the Movie 22 manga adaptation (which has pretty nice art).

TPC seems to want to freshen things up a bit.

No, this new series will just be an improved SM,
Try to avoid jumping to conclusions. We don't even have a trailer yet.

I wonder how this will change Ash in any way. Not that I don't like the direction they are taking, but there is a lot of things that are still unclear at this moment. But I have to say that the backgrounds are amazing, so that is good already!
Good animation doesn't always mean the story will be good.

Sakuragi looks like Oak and Elm did the Fusion Dance. Koharu looks okay I guess. Her seemingly being from Kanto and having a Galar Pokémon is a bit weird but I assume there'll be some history behind that.

Speaking of Kanto, I would've preferred the HQ be in Galar since I'm biased, but I suppose it makes sense to have it closer to Ash's home since that's likely how he'll stumble across it.

Just them going around to different regions doing research tasks for an anime-only professor. It's pretty much a Go anime now.

Where does it say that they're going to different regions to do research tasks for this new professor? I don't see that anywhere on Serebii.

If they were going the Digimon route, we wouldn't be debating over whether or not this is a reboot. It would have been made clear if that was the case ages ago. We also really didn't see them traveling to the different islands in SM too often. Ash and his friends were on Melemel Island for the vast majority of the series.

Go/Masters: Yay, we're the main stars to the new anime series

SwSh: Am I a joke to you?

Welp, that's where the money goes. I personally do not like this new direction, but I can understand of why after the stagnation of Gen 1-6. But why repeat the same formula as Gen 7? Can't they just revamp the old formula to something fresh and new? Not saying that I won't give it a try, I just feel like they could've done something for SwSh, but instead they make it similar to Go.

I honestly do not understand why people are so set on the idea that the new series is going to be promoting Go and especially Masters over Sword/Shield. Two new characters introduced have new Pokemon, so they still want to promote the new main series games to some degree at least. Nothing about the new series thus far makes me think that they want to promote the mobile games that badly. It would be especially questionable with Masters since I don't think that is making nearly as big of a financial splash compared to Go. It's also strange that you think that they're repeating the same formula as SM. Even with having a home base, the general premise sounds like it requires Ash and Go to travel around frequently, which is more than I can say for SM where we rarely left Melemele for a long period of time.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the news. I wasn't expecting them to have a new professor. He looks like a younger version of Professor Oak, but I can also see a bit of Professor Elm with his hair. Still, he looks fine. Koharu looks pretty nice. She has a cute design and I like her hair. I also like that she as a Yamper because it is adorable. Even though they are living in the Kanto region, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are from Kanto. They could have easily moved from Galar, but it's also just as likely that Galar Pokemon exist in Kanto too. That happens in the anime with every new generation introduced. Having a home base in Kanto is a bit strange, but it might make it easier for Ash to just stumble across their lab. I thought that people would be a bit happier over this news, especially when people were panicking over the possibility of no female lead. Granted, they don't make it clear if Koharu is traveling with the group or what her goal is, but considering that she has a Yamper and is Go's childhood friend, I think that there's at least a decent chance that she'll be part of the main cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom