• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping since we got those short shots of the backgrounds of Vermillion and the new Institue, that it might mean we are actually going to have some sort of trailer today, and those backgrounds were possibly capped stills from said trailer. I just want to see this anime in motion so badly.

I'm not surprised by Kanto as the base, I am surprised however by the choice of Vermillion city. I wonder what's the significance of it.

I'm hoping since we got those short shots of the backgrounds of Vermillion and the new Institue, that it might mean we are actually going to have some sort of trailer today, and those backgrounds were possibly capped stills from said trailer. I just want to see this anime in motion so badly.

Same here, based on what I've seen, the new series will be exciting so animated footage will be great

I'm not surprised by Kanto as the base, I am surprised however by the choice of Vermillion city. I wonder what's the significance of it.
I guess because it's a seaside city with access to several travel methods (airport, shipyard, magnet train .etc.)? I don't see any of those in Pallet Town and I refuse to believe they'll be using teleportation... that's extremely cheap.

As for tomorrow's anime related news... I don't expect anything substantial. At best they'll tell us more about Sakuragi and Koharu and nothing more.
Called it...

source.gif

I've come to make an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement...

Anymore of this and this series might as well be Kingdom Hearts at this rate.

I'm sorry, but...What is so hard to understand that we've getting leaks of Sunday announcements few days ago? They don't announce anything new right now because we're already learning it by the leaks! Koharu and her father supposed to be today's announcement. It's ridiculous to criticize the lack of new info, when they literally just announced many important things like Koharu. And even then, after all that, we still got few new things like their voices! And I really doubt that most people here knew enough japanese to determine that nothing new announced about them.

I'm sorry, but...What is so hard to understand that we've getting leaks of Sunday announcements few days ago? They don't announce anything new right now because we're already learning it by the leaks! Koharu and her father supposed to be today's announcement. It's ridiculous to criticize the lack of new info, when they literally just announced many important things like Koharu. And even then, after all that, we still got few new things like their voices! And I really doubt that most people here knew enough japanese to determine that nothing new announced about them.

Yeah.

The Sunday announcements are for japanese fans who watch the anime, but are not so involved in internet announcements.

Not to mention that even Japanese fans who already know the announcement won't loss anything, since they will likely still see the episode (there is announcement or not).

So looking carefully at the episodes for Sun and Moon, I realise that the new series is going to be a hybrid between a Continuation and Original Series, with the story focusing on Ash's continuing travels and having Original characters. Ash would return to Pallet Town after saying his goodbyes in SM146. If there is a SM147 on 10th November, then it'll be where Ash would get invitation to go to this new academy thing, paving the way for PM001 and PM002

I'm thinking that this saga will be another SM where there's not much battling at all.
The writers truly wanted to get away from Gen 1 - 6's formula and are trying something fresh and new to surprise us. Now where have I heard that formula before? Since SM was very popular in Japan (despite ratings), they want to keep it as that. And since it looks like it is a continuation, well, that makes perfect sense.

This new series is to promote the Franchise as a whole, not the game, to which I see is a terrible idea if not handled properly, since most of the time it'll be promoting Kanto.

Hang on, I just realised... The reason of the lack of Sword and Shield in the new anime is because SwSh is it's OWN anime within the game? I mean think about it? on the Japanese logo, it shares the same logo as the international version, whilst the past ones had their unique logos. This looks like they're trying to isolate this new game from the other 7 as one unique experience. A sort of uncanon spinoff or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom