• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess because it's a seaside city with access to several travel methods (airport, shipyard, magnet train .etc.)? I don't see any of those in Pallet Town and I refuse to believe they'll be using teleportation... that's extremely cheap.

Is there an airport/magnet train? Well the real airport is kind of in what Lavender Town's based on (which I suppose is pretty near). I'm all for having more nautical inspiration though!

The new series could have the Alola Friends travelling to each Region, since they will depart at the end of the SM series...

Lillie: Johto or Galar (To become a strong trainer)
Kiawe: Hoenn (to see and witness Mt Chimney)
Mallow: Sinnoh (To find a Glacidea to help Shaymin to become it's Sky Form)
Lana: Unova (To perform with Primarina)
Sophocles: Kalos (to team up with Clemont on fulfilling his dream of going to space)

Last edited:
On the contrary, it's the worst time for a reboot. Ash has only won a minor/inaugural League Conference, not been appointed the next Arceus of the Pokeworld.
Except Ash has never been set up as the hero of the world

He's a kid on a journey
It's not about nostalgia at all, stop being one track minded. It's about a proper conclusion to his journey which would be wasted after all these years. If they wanted to reboot, they should have done it by having him win in Sinnoh or Kalos (Kalos especially due to the waifu angle).
Winning a league is the perfect conclusion to his character - he lost his first league, remember? Bookendig with him winning a league is perfect
Rebooting now is rendering it all wasted, including all the Pokemon he caught and bonded with and the friends he made. Not to mention his achievements/placement in various competitions including the Leagues.
Hate to break it to you, but all those pokemon he caught and bonded with previously? They don't exist anymore, as far as the anime is concerned, otherwise we would've seen them when Ash went home. Going off what the anime's shown us, he only owns a bulbasaur and a herd of tauros - and he released a charizard and butterfree at some point

Except Ash has never been set up as the hero of the world
r/wooosh

Totally missed the point. Besides did you forget M02, M08, M09, M12?
He's a kid on a journey

Winning a league is the perfect conclusion to his character - he lost his first league, remember? Bookendig with him winning a league is perfect
Wrong. His goal is to be a Pokemon Master, not win a League Conference. It's absolutely not a conclusion, just a stepping stone to his goal. This has been time and again stated by lots of staff members, including Rica Matsumoto recently with SM139. Your definition of a conclusion for him is seriously flawed.
Hate to break it to you, but all those pokemon he caught and bonded with previously? They don't exist anymore, as far as the anime is concerned, otherwise we would've seen them when Ash went home. Going off what the anime's shown us, he only owns a bulbasaur and a herd of tauros - and he released a charizard and butterfree at some point
So just because they're not shown, they've ceased to exist according to you? I'd really like to know how your mind operates, that's some interesting psychology.

Hate to break it to you, they will exist regardless of your belief or whether you care or not. We saw them back in the Kanto visit episode, and if the anime chooses to visit them in the future then we will definitely see them (which will work great with the multiple region structure of this series). I mean, did anyone expect him to bring in reserves during DP after skipping out on them at Evergrande?

Last edited:
Rebooting now is rendering it all wasted, including all the Pokemon he caught and bonded with and the friends he made.

You see, I would agree with this if they still treated the reserves like they did from OS-DP. But for all intents and purposes, they have been pretty much written out of the show. I just don't think the writers care that much about Ash's old Pokemon, outside of a select few.

You see, I would agree with this if they still treated the reserves like they did from OS-DP. But for all intents and purposes, they have been pretty much written out of the show. I just don't think the writers care that much about Ash's old Pokemon, outside of a select few.
You can't really judge the intents and purposes of anyone unless they outright state it, which the writers have never done. And even if the current batch of writers presumably don't care, future writers may well try to bring them back.
The reserves in DP, especially the ones from Johto, were brought back after long gaps. Charizard was brought back in BW after nearly 6 years, totally skipping out Lily of the Valley.

Also, are you not straight up quoting to avoid being responded to? Because you seem to do that a lot.

Last edited:
You can't really judge the intents and purposes of anyone unless they outright state it, which the writers have never done. And even if the current batch of writers presumably don't care, future writers may well try to bring them back.
People have a right not to consider the return of reserves a viable reason to stick to the original continuity, seeing as there is no evidence to suggest that they're coming back.

The reserves in DP, especially the ones from Johto, were brought back after long gaps. Charizard was brought back in BW after nearly 6 years, totally skipping out Lily of the Valley.
AG and DP included several reserves; the Battle Frontier quickly made up for the Hoenn League. Just because the Johto roster didn't do much in AG (except for Phanpy/Donphan) doesn't mean that it was a surprise to see them in DP, especially in light of HGSS. And Charizard was and probably still is Ash's most popular Pokemon second to Pikachu, so if anything it was a surprise that Sceptile was the one used to beat Darkrai. After all that, Charizard didn't get to finish a single notable battle in BW, and we've seen three other Charizard since then.

People have a right not to consider the return of reserves a viable reason to stick to the original continuity, seeing as there is no evidence to suggest that they're coming back.

AG and DP included several reserves; the Battle Frontier quickly made up for the Hoenn League. Just because the Johto roster didn't do much in AG (except for Phanpy/Donphan) doesn't mean that it was a surprise to see them in DP, especially in light of HGSS. And Charizard was and probably still is Ash's most popular Pokemon second to Pikachu, so if anything it was a surprise that Sceptile was the one used to beat Darkrai. After all that, Charizard didn't get to finish a single notable battle in BW, and we've seen three other Charizard since then.
Kind of missed the point. We've had long gaps between seeing reserves, and unless the writers flat out mention that they're not going to include them ever again, there's no reason to suddenly make "conclusions" regardless of community opinion. It's an open ended aspect of the anime that can be exploited at any point if required even if it takes years.

Yeah, I'm done with this series. Reveal some info you morons.

They did reveal information though. It was just a few days earlier than Sunday and unlike the last time, it was revealed officially instead of a leak. I definitely do understand the frustration with the minimal amount of information. We still know more about this series than we did back at the start of September. Admittedly, that might not say a whole lot, but it's still more than what we had before. Even the reveal of Koharu is a pretty big deal considering a lot of people were assuming that there wouldn't be a female lead in this series just because she wasn't featured in the teaser poster. We'll get information on the show. It's just a matter of time.

Probably the hundredth time I've posted this, but I'm actually very excited for this anime! It looks like they're going to take the best things about SM - character interactions/development - and try to combine it with things from the more traditional sagas. Not to mention that we'll get to visit all of the regions in the Pokemon world, so the story will probably be much more interesting than usual.

The only tripping points I see are if Gou turns out to be a boring character, or if they don't take advantage of the travelling around the regions aspect. Hopefully, those don't happen.

Kind of missed the point. We've had long gaps between seeing reserves, and unless the writers flat out mention that they're not going to include them ever again, there's no reason to suddenly make "conclusions" regardless of community opinion. It's an open ended aspect of the anime that can be exploited at any point if required even if it takes years.
I'll actually be surprised if we don't see reserves in this series. The name returning to the original instead of being named after the new games, the poster showing old Pokémon on it, and the fact it's exploring past regions.

Probably the hundredth time I've posted this, but I'm actually very excited for this anime! It looks like they're going to take the best things about SM - character interactions/development - and try to combine it with things from the more traditional sagas. Not to mention that we'll get to visit all of the regions in the Pokemon world, so the story will probably be much more interesting than usual.
Yeah I'm rather optimistic though part of it might be running off goodwill from the Alola League win.(y)
We just know too little for me to be really sure but most of what I've seen has me interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom