• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will see Ash and Gou travelling to every region, that would be redundant. I think in one episode we'll see ash or Gou battling someone in Johto and the Next Episode opens up with them chilling in a beach in Hoenn.
or be something similar to Dora the Explorer or Big World Big Adventures... Though more latter than the first.

I don't think we will see Ash and Gou travelling to every region, that would be redundant. I think in one episode we'll see ash or Gou battling someone in Johto and the Next Episode opens up with them chilling in a beach in Hoenn.
It could be a little of both. If they are sailing between regions, there could be episodes that take place entirely at sea. I imagine later in the series that would get redundant and they would start resorting to fast travel. A lot of adventure shows do that, Game of Thrones comes to mind.

exactly. Just like the games when looking at the main title screen doesn't show the Legendaries but instead a Stadium, as if that is more of the main focus than Legendaries. Plus, they're stepping into a different direction now that Pokemon is coming out on a Home Console for the first time ever, despite it being a hybrid.

I mean that's very well possible. We know a huge portion of the games is focusing on the gym challenge, meanwhile we haven't gotten much on Zacian and Zamazenta at all. But at the same time, we've only seen 2 screenshots of the title that both just so happened to focus on the stadiums. The legendaries might still be represented and it just wasn't captured. But I don't think that's comparable to the anime situation, since the games have always varied on how relevant the box legends are.

I still don't know if the new console would be the main reason for the change. The series has constantly evolved (like going from sprites to 3D), yet the anime didn't have such large formulaic changes. I'm honestly curious if they'll reveal why they made this choice to focus on more than just SwSh, because I'm actually interested in why they'd make such dramatic changes.

I mean that's very well possible. We know a huge portion of the games is focusing on the gym challenge, meanwhile we haven't gotten much on Zacian and Zamazenta at all. But at the same time, we've only seen 2 screenshots of the title that both just so happened to focus on the stadiums. The legendaries might still be represented and it just wasn't captured. But I don't think that's comparable to the anime situation, since the games have always varied on how relevant the box legends are.

I still don't know if the new console would be the main reason for the change. The series has constantly evolved (like going from sprites to 3D), yet the anime didn't have such large formulaic changes. I'm honestly curious if they'll reveal why they made this choice to focus on more than just SwSh, because I'm actually interested in why they'd make such dramatic changes.
All we'' probably get for that is the obvious empty answer.

Merch

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    219.7 KB · Views: 171
Pokeshopper showed this a month or so ago.

::Heisei Era::
OS - To Promote Gen 1 (Pokemon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Gen 2 (Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal) (Movies - Tie into OS)
AG - To Promote Gen 3 (Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Rangers) (Movies - Tie into AG)
DP - To Promote Gen 4 (Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Rangers) (Movies - Tie into DP)
BW - To Promote Gen 5 (Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, White 2) (Movies - Tie into BW)
XY - To Promote Gen 6 (Pokemon X, Y, OmegaRuby, AlphaSapphire) (Movie - Tie into XY)
SM - To Promote Gen 7 (Pokemon Sun, Moon, UltraSun, UltraMoon, Let's Go Pikachu, Let's Go Eevee) (Movies - AU series/First Movie Remake)

::Reiwa Era::
PM - To Promote the Entire Pokemon Franchise (Gen 8, Go, Masters, etc...) (Movies - ???)

This is how it'll likely go from here on out.

Recently I’ve been leaning more towards the idea of it being an alternate continuity but I’m still not entirely sold on it. But I’ve been thinking that if it is a separate continuity, how will Satoshi’s current story end? Will there be anything significant happening in the last episode or will it end like any other series? Would PM take place in the same continuity as M20 or entirely separate?

If the continuity is separate and entirely new I really hope we actually see Satoshi meet the Rocket trio. One of the weirdest things about M20 was having them follow him but he had no idea who they were.

Recently I’ve been leaning more towards the idea of it being an alternate continuity but I’m still not entirely sold on it. But I’ve been thinking that if it is a separate continuity, how will Satoshi’s current story end? Will there be anything significant happening in the last episode or will it end like any other series? Would PM take place in the same continuity as M20 or entirely separate?

If the continuity is separate and entirely new I really hope we actually see Satoshi meet the Rocket trio. One of the weirdest things about M20 was having them follow him but he had no idea who they were.
Seems like it'll be a cross between the two. Since the last Sun and Moon episode has Ash returned to Pallet Town, and would be informed to go to the institute in Vermilion City. AU because the main characters are original for the anime as a whole, since it's there to promote Pokemon in general, and not the games as it once did.

None of the AU Staff from M20 & M21 are working on this Anime aside from Shoji Yonemura who was the Head Writer of M20 and is promoted to Head Writer for this Series as well. I expected Yajima to be Chief Director if this was AU but it ended up being Tomiyasu who was SM Director to take that position instead. So I do think my prediction of this being an AU is now wrong, but anything is still possible. My hunch is that Yajima is either working on the Movies so Tomiyasu took the Role of Chief Director for the TV Series or that SM was a big enough success from the Staff's Point of View. Either way, I'm a bit intrigued on what the Movies will do from Next Year and for this Generation.

None of the AU Staff from M20 & M21 are working on this Anime aside from Shoji Yonemura who was the Head Writer of M20 and is promoted to Head Writer for this Series as well. I expected Yajima to be Chief Director if this was AU but it ended up being Tomiyasu who was SM Director to take that position instead. So I do think my prediction of this being an AU is now wrong, but anything is still possible. My hunch is that Yajima is either working on the Movies so Tomiyasu took the Role of Chief Director for the TV Series or that SM was a big enough success from the Staff's Point of View. Either way, I'm a bit intrigued on what the Movies will do from Next Year and for this Generation.
Also they seem to be fed up of the ''Badge'' thing, so wanting something completely fresh and new in order to keep the anime relevant. Plus Ash will need an endorsement if he's going to compete in the Galar League, which could be the reason of why no Leagues this time, unless it's the other Leagues first before Galar's.

Last edited:
Also they seem to be fed up of the ''Badge'' thing, so wanting something completely fresh and new in order to keep the anime relevant. Plus Ash will need an endorsement if he's going to compete in the Galar League, which could be the reason of why no Leagues this time, unless it's the other Leagues first before Galar's.
I've stopped speculating in this thread because it's just chasing your own hypothetical tail at this point with the lack of information.

As for what Ash will do, it'll be very well be told in SM145/SM146... as well as pre-Sunday information leaks.

I've stopped speculating in this thread because it's just chasing your own hypothetical tail at this point with the lack of information.

As for what Ash will do, it'll be very well be told in SM145/SM146... as well as pre-Sunday information leaks.
It's so depressing when we have little to guess with. Clearly, TPCi have become VERY clever with their marketing for this year. I mean think about it. before Gen 6, we were spoilt with info from when Japan got the games early in Sep-Nov, whilst US got theirs March and Europe in May. But even after releasing it worldwide in Gen 6, they still had problems of marketing, but now they seem to have gotten the hang of it. Hardly any info until the Games do come out, as if portraying it as your first Pokemon Journey. With similar for the anime as well.

I think we'll see Team Rocket artwork on the 20th and then finally some trailers on the 27th and the 3rd.

Also, Eevee is on the merchandise and looks kinda big on the poster, I can see it being among the first "rare" captures for Go.
what's with the quote on "rare" and maybe ash can get it this time for a change

I wonder if in the anime they would have the equivilant to the Channel Tunnel connecting Kalos with Galar?

Except that gets me wondering what the hell Ash is going to do if he's not going to compete in a League.

Question connected to the anime (SM related as well): Not a necessary question but... how come whenever they talk, it is the male characters that show off their uvulas, whilst with female characters they hardly ever show it? The only female characters I've seen doing it are Jessie and Kiawe's sister. I'm asking this just out of curiosity, as this is something never discussed. Could it be because they tend to be very loud or talk too much. Don't woman do so as well? Or could it be because male voice boxes are naturally bigger than women's.

Last edited:
Uvulas are disgusting.

Recently I’ve been leaning more towards the idea of it being an alternate continuity but I’m still not entirely sold on it. But I’ve been thinking that if it is a separate continuity, how will Satoshi’s current story end? Will there be anything significant happening in the last episode or will it end like any other series?
I expect it to be very open-ended. Ash's goal doesn't really allow for much closure, and they could always revisit this continuity.

Would PM take place in the same continuity as M20 or entirely separate?
Admittedly, the strongest evidence of an AU is the movie logo. I'd be surprised if it meant nothing, which would be the case in the event of a brand new continuity. Plus, the movie continuity is so loosely defined that they have little reason to start from scratch again. Ash only has two Pokemon with limited experience, and it is unclear what his goal is beyond meeting Pokemon.

He is bound to meet them regardless of the continuity.

DynamicFusion said:
None of the AU Staff from M20 & M21 are working on this Anime aside from Shoji Yonemura who was the Head Writer of M20 and is promoted to Head Writer for this Series as well. I expected Yajima to be Chief Director if this was AU but it ended up being Tomiyasu who was SM Director to take that position instead.
Tomiyasu is the executive director now, replacing Yuyama. The new director is Maki Yodaira, who has done some storyboarding and directing (for some isolated episodes) since late XY.

Yajima was the XY director, so I don't follow your logic (if he returned, fans would use that to compare the new series to XY). I'm pretty sure that he prefers to work on future movies and non-Pokemon projects, but he didn't even direct Movie 20. Really, the movies have little bearing on the direction of the new series even if they're set in the same continuity, and there is a reason why Yuyama has directed 21 movies but not a single episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom