• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really strange. But the Pokémon themselves also never really got an updated art style. At least not that much. They still blend in well with the new designs of the humans, but you can tell that humans, Pokémon and sometimes even the backgrounds are drawn in different art styles.

It is really strange. But the Pokémon themselves also never really got an updated art style. At least not that much. They still blend in well with the new designs of the humans, but you can tell that humans, Pokémon and sometimes even the backgrounds are drawn in different art styles.
Maybe that is the plan, to use each art style again?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5oUiAvMH0s

If you look in the trailer, you see them having two new Pokemon (sketch form) that are yet to be revealed in SwSh. Both are robot Pokemon, one a rocket based Gachapon Machine and another a Martian Tripod Fighting Machine from War of the Worlds. It's hard to make out, but they do have sounds of their own, what do you think? Because when translating the sub, it describes it as some sort of accompanying Robot machine that makes machines for them to catch Pikachu and other Pokemon. Powered by Rotom or something.

Last edited:
They look good. I wish James's hair was a bit sharper but oh well.

If you look in the trailer, you see them having two new Pokemon (sketch form) that are yet to be revealed in SwSh. Both are robot Pokemon, one a rocket based Gachapon Machine and another a Martian Tripod Fighting Machine from War of the Worlds. It's hard to make out, but they do have sounds of their own, what do you think?

That's a mecha, not new pokemon.

Since Ash hasbecome Champion of Alola, I am concerned that he won't be competing in the Galar League and instead create a sort of slice of life series for the new series instead, no League whatsoever. (except for the last couple of episodes)

If you look in the trailer, you see them having two new Pokemon (sketch form) that are yet to be revealed in SwSh. Both are robot Pokemon, one a rocket based Gachapon Machine and another a Martian Tripod Fighting Machine from War of the Worlds. It's hard to make out, but they do have sounds of their own, what do you think? Because when translating the sub, it describes it as some sort of accompanying Robot machine that makes machines for them to catch Pikachu and other Pokemon. Powered by Rotom or something.

They are mechas.

So a more refined and polished version of how they look like in Sun & Moon?

I say they're lookin good.
Yeah; They look MUCH Better here; as does Ash and the pokemon!!
Ok honestly I really like this new artsyle It's like it looks like XY and SM at the same time, much better than SM art style.
I Agree; it's much closer to XY than SM!!! Which is a MAJOR Upgrade!!

Mimikyu gets to stay for the next series?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Jessie's Mimikyu ruined & Removed everything I Loved about Mimikyu;

This Video encompasses everything & Every Reason Why I fell in love with Mimikyu, and Why I Hate Jessie's Mimikyu:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ

Since Ash has become Champion of Alola, I am concerned that he won't be competing in the Galar League and instead create a sort of slice of life series for the new series instead, no League whatsoever. (except for the last couple of episodes)
No!!!! That's basically Sun & Moon all over again; I was hoping the series would distance itself from Sun & Moon's Formula; and return back to its roots, with Ash getting a Sponsorship due to his Alola League Victory; and invited to Compete in the Galar League and its qualifying gym battles which are televised within the Region

Last edited:
I honestly can't see a difference in the new TR designs. Without context I would just assume this is SM art. I guess if nothing else this proves that the new art style is an intentional progression from the SM art style, which bodes well for this being a continuation (I know I'm sounding like a broken record). I just hope in addition to their SM designs, TR also keep their personality from that series. Early-Mid SM had Team Rocket at their best, so I'm hoping they won't go back to basics. Although the fact that they're chasing Ash through each region already sounds kind of like a return to form, but I'll remain optimistic.

No!!!! That's basically Sun & Moon all over again; I was hoping the series would distance itself from Sun & Moon's Formula; and return back to its roots, with Ash getting a Sponsorship due to his Alola League Victory; and invited to Compete in the Galar League and its qualifying gym battles which are televised within the Region
Well to them they think SM was an improved new formula to the past one that they want to stay in that new comfort zone. I even had a dream where they do not want another evil team like Team Galactic or something, even though Galar has a lot of potentials for it.

It's obviously from a past discussion that they hate staying in the same formula and instead want to surprise people with something new.

Can someone please explain to me how it even has XY Elements to it. I generally don't even see it. Its like people don't want to admit stuff.

View: https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1185854459525484550

The better shading, slightly thicker/sharper edges and the coloring. It's not as apparent with TRio, but go look at the Sakuragi Lab and Vermillion City frames (or even Ash, if you want). The XY-esque detailed artstyle is blatant there, along with the 'cooler' color tone and map of DP.

Their Sun&Moon artwork always looked like shit so this is more “refined” because it doesn’t.

But man they really haven’t been able to properly shade the front of Musashi’s hair since like 2010...

Can someone please explain to me how it even has XY Elements to it. I generally don't even see it. Its like people don't want to admit stuff.

View: https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1185854459525484550

Their eyes aren't so Small!! along with The better shading, slightly thicker/sharper edges and the coloring

Well to them they think SM was an improved new formula to the past one that they want to stay in that new comfort zone. I even had a dream where they do not want another evil team like Team Galactic or something, even though Galar has a lot of potentials for it.

It's obviously from a past discussion that they hate staying in the same formula and instead want to surprise people with something new.
but this IS The Same formula; Slice of life; which was one of many things I hated about Pokemon the series Sun & Moon; I didn't come for some Shirty Focus-less slice of Life!!

Since Ash hasbecome Champion of Alola, I am concerned that he won't be competing in the Galar League and instead create a sort of slice of life series for the new series instead, no League whatsoever. (except for the last couple of episodes)

It depends what are the writers plan. A tournament between 8 regions is always possible (and this would fit after Ash won a regional League).

Ash and Go will likely visit a lot of places in the 8 regions and live many adventures. That has always happened in any generation (this time it will be several regions).

What do you mean with a "slice of life" series?

It depends what are the writers plan. A tournament between 8 regions is always possible (and this would fit after Ash won a regional League).

Ash and Go will likely visit a lot of places in the 8 regions and live many adventures. That has always happened in any generation (this time it will be several regions).

What do you mean with a "slice of life" series?
their new comfort zone and change from the old stale formula that they wish to get away from.

An interview a while ago stated from TPCi that they hate repeating the same formula, so they want to surprise everyone with something fresh and new.

People just want Pokémon to go back to XY, which is the reason they see every bit of change as a sign of a return to the XY-formula.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom