• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry, there's nothing remotely XY about the art style. People are still just seeing what they want to see.

When I first saw the TR artwork, I thought it was just their SM ones used over again. Then I looked more closely and saw that a few little tweaks had been made. I think they look very good. I particularly like that James' eyes look a bit softer; it suits him much better.

Anyway, it was nice to get something new that wasn't leaked beforehand! Plus, TR was something I wanted to see so I enjoyed this week's info. SM has only two episodes left; I'll be quite surprised if we don't get a trailer at some point over these next two weeks.

People just want Pokémon to go back to XY, which is the reason they see every bit of chance as a sign of a return to the XY-formula.
I fail to see why that's necessarily a bad thing, because your wording makes it seem like it would be the end of the world.

For that matter:
The better shading, slightly thicker/sharper edges and the coloring. It's not as apparent with TRio, but go look at the Sakuragi Lab and Vermillion City frames (or even Ash, if you want). The XY-esque detailed artstyle is blatant there, along with the 'cooler' color tone and map of DP.
Please do check your eyes if you don't see the XY similarities in the underlined images.

Last edited:
Regarding the designs similarity to previous seasons.

In the case of Ash, I would say the eyes of Ash in the new anime are more similar to the eyes in XY anime than SM anime. I guess that's the similarity people see.

The eyes of Go are a different style from SM anime.

I thought I pretty much dismissed this nonsense when I told you that Pokemon is no longer just about Japan or Sword/Shield but about the brand as a whole.

Well, the situation is somewhat complicated.

Anime merchandise usually has its best sales in Japan (even if the anime is popular worldwide). People in other countries do not usually buy anime merchandise at that level.

However, this is different for videogames or mobile games, since these have an important market outside of Japan, especially cases like Pokemon (which is extremely popular worldwide).

I thought I pretty much dismissed this nonsense when I told you that Pokemon is no longer just about Japan or Sword/Shield but about the brand as a whole.
XY was before the whole branding thing that PM is getting, I'm just focusing on Pokemon from a Japanese perspective of ratings, which is more of a priority than the entire world as a whole.

XY was before the whole branding thing that PM is getting, I'm just focusing on Pokemon from a Japanese perspective of ratings, which is more of a priority than the entire world as a whole.

Ratings aren't so important for anime. Merchandise sales in Japan are the really important thing.

The are animes with low rating, but good merchandise sales. They are considered successful.

While it isn't major news, I am glad that Team Rocket was confirmed for the new series. Aside from Meowth being carried by a Dragonite, they aren't featured heavily on the promotional poster, so a part of me hopes that people won't consider the poster to be gospel truth as to who will be in the main cast. Their designs are pretty nice. Much like Ash, Jessie and James have a more polished version of their SM designs, which works fine for me. I didn't have much of a problem with Ash's SM design, but it took me awhile to get used to Team Rocket's new designs for some reason.

I'm also quite happy that Wobbuffet is sticking around. I didn't think that they'd get rid of it again, but confirmation is always good. I was unbelievably happy when Wobbuffet came back at the end of BW. It really does feel like a fourth member of the team, so I'm glad that it is part of the Team Rocket reveals for each series now.

While it isn't major news, I am glad that Team Rocket was confirmed for the new series. Aside from Meowth being carried by a Dragonite, they aren't featured heavily on the promotional poster, so a part of me hopes that people won't consider the poster to be gospel truth as to who will be in the main cast. Their designs are pretty nice. Much like Ash, Jessie and James have a more polished version of their SM designs, which works fine for me. I didn't have much of a problem with Ash's SM design, but it took me awhile to get used to Team Rocket's new designs for some reason.

I'm also quite happy that Wobbuffet is sticking around. I didn't think that they'd get rid of it again, but confirmation is always good. I was unbelievably happy when Wobbuffet came back at the end of BW. It really does feel like a fourth member of the team, so I'm glad that it is part of the Team Rocket reveals for each series now.
Would that mean Trio would catch Galar Pokemon to their team, such as Impidimp for an idea for Jessie? And a Cramorant for James who will chomp down on his head?

That would be nice to see

Part of does hope to see Cacnea return to James's side as they travel through Sinnoh
It would be hard for him to get Cacnea back, since Gardenia loves it to bits. There would have to be new VA for both Japanese (died from Colon Cancer 6 years ago) and English (Who just played her and has never come back since)

It would be hard for him to get Cacnea back, since Gardenia loves it to bits. There would have to be new VA for both Japanese (died from Colon Cancer 6 years ago) and English (Who just played her and has never come back since)

Its not too hard to recast actors in roles but I see your point

This thread is a broken record.
how so?

Also that big Trio poster for SM with all their Pokemon was just part of the commemoration of 20 years of Pokemon. It hasn't anything to do with PM since we know little about it at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom