• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that mean Trio would catch Galar Pokemon to their team, such as Impidimp for an idea for Jessie? And a Cramorant for James who will chomp down on his head?

I'm sure that they'll catch some Galar Pokemon. I'm not sure about Impidimp for Jessie, but Cramorant for James could be an interesting choice.

Still no animated trailer. I am started to get worried.

I don't think that it's anything to worry about. They're just taking a different approach to announcing the new anime similar to how they've handled the news about the upcoming games.

I fail to see why that's necessarily a bad thing because your wording makes it seem like it would be the end of the world.

I'm just sick and tired of those XY fans, bitching about S&M since XY has ended. It is really hard for me to enjoy this anime if people complain all the time for the simplest things. This was the reason II had to leave the German forums. People there can not just accept that XY ended years ago. They should just take the advice of a modern Disney Princess, and let it go! XY had a chance to shine, but now it is time to move on.

Plus, XY is for me the most overrated Pokémon anime of all time. People act like it is the biggest masterpiece on earth, but in reality, it was just a very typical Pokémon anime, only disguised as a super mature show. The only reason it was so beloved in the first place is because of Greninja and the shipping. Those are the only elements people talk about XY. Especially the last one. And Pokémon is not a shipping show. This is the reason why I do not want the XY formula back. I hate shipping, I hate shipping wars! Shipping is the worst element you can add to a story. Because in the end it will be only used as a tool to attract viewers and not something that can advance your own story.

So, no! No more XY for me, please! No Serena, no Shipping, no Greninja! I'm done with this!

I'm just sick and tired of those XY fans, bitching about S&M since XY has ended. It is really hard for me to enjoy this anime if people complain all the time for the simplest things. This was the reason II had to leave the German forums. People there can not just accept that XY ended years ago. They should just take the advice of a modern Disney Princess, and let it go! XY had a chance to shine, but now it is time to move on.

Plus, XY is for me the most overrated Pokémon anime of all time. People act like it is the biggest masterpiece on earth, but in reality, it was just a very typical Pokémon anime, only disguised as a super mature show. The only reason it was so beloved in the first place is because of Greninja and the shipping. Those are the only elements people talk about XY. Especially the last one. And Pokémon is not a shipping show. This is the reason why I do not want the XY formula back. I hate shipping, I hate shipping wars! Shipping is the worst element you can add to a story. Because in the end it will be only used as a tool to attract viewers and not something that can advance your own story.

So, no! No more XY for me, please! No Serena, no Shipping, no Greninja! I'm done with this!
I do agree that XY is a bit overrated, to me DP is the best. But all the reasons you stated only go on to show a lot of ignorance in your words. It's very ironic that you call out XY-only fanboys about how they treat XY like the apex while showering your own opinion with comments about your hate for it, along with your undying love for SM. You're no different from those fanboys in a manner of speaking.

Also, nice gatekeeping there with deciding what the Pokemon anime is and is not about. If you're done with it then stop watching the anime, nothing of value will be lost.

Last edited:
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Prepare for trouble
Happy birthday to me

People never understood the love I have for you
Make it double Because it should never be
Just because someone cannot see

(Yeah, its really my birthday)

their new comfort zone and change from the old stale formula that they wish to get away from.

An interview a while ago stated from TPCi that they hate repeating the same formula, so they want to surprise everyone with something fresh and new.
But this ISN'T Fresh or New; repeating the same formula that I hated 3 years ago, and still hate today where it got stale from just one whole generation; instead of what has worked well in the past; and that people loved; I Want things to be more like PRE-ALOLA!!

I mean, while it is true that they did actually have Ash officially win a League conference for once, it still feels like Ash could have had a better series to have that kind of achievement, you know? Ending on Sun and Moon; it just feels kind of underwhelming to me, honestly.

I'm Glad SOMEONE Else agrees with me; I wasn't satisfied with him winning in Alola; as I had basically stopped caring since before the anime even started, back when that Anime Poster from Corocoro was Leaked; I'd rather him have Won back in Kalos, and NOT in Alola!! I would've been MUCH Happier if that was actually how things went

Good, if I'm so ignorant, then I should just leave. Delete my account. I'm sick of all those haters, anyway! How can I delete my account and all the post I made?

Guess it goes from family and school life to buddy-buddy best friend local adventure style now. Stil wondering how exactly they will spread out all the regions. My bet would be around 20 Eps for each region over all (not necassarily in one block), which would still be plenty for a few years, unless they either have long-sighted plans or go for a full reboot which may mean one seasons for each region.
And before anyone complains about the anime being an advertisement for the games and needs to focus on Galar (aka Sword and Shield), I say, Masters and Go are where the money is. From a business standpoint the whole new series should (and will) focus on keeping the money flowing from Go and Masters instead of advertising a "financially lost cause that still needs to be there supplemental or so" you just see. Though there is a lot of potential for closing plot gabs left by the previous Region where not much care went into storytelling. However, this is 99% wishful dreaming.
Other than that I'm open to a new approach which nobody should judge before seeing the end-product fully or rather to an grant enough extent (like a couple of episodes).

Last edited:
the anime being an advertisement for the games and needs to focus on Galar (aka Sword and Shield)

This is how it should be; Focusing on the Mainline games, and not Non-nintendo mobile Spinoffs ; I Don't care for Masters OR Pokemon Go(overrated anyways);
To Me, It's Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield and NOT Pokemon the Series: Masters & Go!!

Pokemon is NOT Supposed to sell out or cater to the Lowest Common Denominator such as Games on NON-NINTENDO Platforms like Mobile phones, instead of the Mainstream Mainline Nintendo Platform Games!!

Since Pokemon is still making money off of their Mainline Nintendo Platform Mainstream Games; they should not undermine their own products for a bunch of Mobile Millenial Noobs who don't own a Nintendo System, or Nintendo-exclusive Pokemon Games

I don't get why Ash gets an update and Trio not.

Because Ash has to looks like the male protag of the new games, while the TRio are a product of their time you can't do much with.
Besides, the last time they got a new look (early BW) got a mixed reaction...

The money is with Go, not the mainline games anymore.
that's not true; The Mainline games are STILL Selling well; they're still making tons of money; so that should be the anime's focus; NOT Go!!

I'll only support Pokemon the series: Sword & Shield anime; NOT An Anime based off of Pokemon GO OR Pokemon Masters!!

This is how it should be; Focusing on the Mainline games, and not Non-nintendo mobile Spinoffs ; I Don't care for Masters OR Pokemon Go(overrated anyways);
To Me, It's Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield and NOT Pokemon the Series: Masters & Go!!

Pokemon is NOT Supposed to sell out or cater to the Lowest Common Denominator such as Games on NON-NINTENDO Platforms like Mobile phones, instead of the Mainstream Mainline Nintendo Platform Games!!

Since Pokemon is still making money off of their Mainline Nintendo Platform Mainstream Games; they should not undermine their own products for a bunch of Mobile Millenial Noobs who don't own a Nintendo System, or Nintendo-exclusive Pokemon Games

Sorry bro, but GameFreak's turned into a hussy who likes to fool around. She may need Nintnedo the most, but other publishers can satisfy her desire for something different.

that's not true; The Mainline games are STILL Selling well; they're still making tons of money; so that should be the anime's focus; NOT Go!!

They aren't what drives the company when it comes to revenue though (that would be Go and the merchandise).

Sorry bro, but GameFreak's turned into a hussy who likes to fool around. She may need Nintendo the most, but other publishers can satisfy her desire for something different.
They aren't what drives the series when it comes to revenue though (that would be Go and the merchandise).
I Don't care!!! as far as I see it when It comes to the anime; Pokemon the series: Sword & Shield Rules and should be reality, and Pokemon the series: Masters & Go Drools and shouldn't be the focus AT ALL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom