• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eevee will be Go's, hence promoting LGPE as well because they WOULD have to promote Kanto ALL the time.

I don't really see how Go or Koharu catching Eevee would be promoting Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Lana caught Sandy when those games were more marketing relevant and aside from having a haircut, they really didn't tie it back to those games. Sandy never learned the exclusive Eevee moves. It was just kind of there. It's much more likely that another Eevee on the main cast would be promoting Sword/Shield due to Gigantamax Eevee. I suppose it's still possible for Eevee to get another evolution in this generation too, but that's probably not as likely given that they've already shown all of the Eeveelutions in the trailers.

Whether it's a reboot or continuation, Team Rocket is still active and undefeated in the current series, so I'm not sure what exactly the point of disagreement is.

I wonder if the battle theme and music will be Region exclusives based on the games, or would they use just the Galar Region battle theme and music?

Or... will they have just completely new music, like SM had most of the time?

I wonder if the battle theme and music will be Region exclusives based on the games, or would they use just the Galar Region battle theme and music?

Or... will they have just completely new music, like SM had most of the time?
I think it'll be a mix of all. SM plays tracks from all over the anime including XY, AG .etc.

Though I hope that for each region, the respective gens soundtrack plays the most (Hoenn's trumpets, Sinnoh's piano jazz .etc.).

Since there is so very little to talk about this subject at the present time, I wanted to bring up this old vague tweet again (click link). I feel like we talked a lot about it at the time, but aren't using it as evidence for further speculation since newer announcements have been made.

I am only using translations provided by people here, which may be wrong or not, but several items in this tweet make me question ideas that people seem to think are currently likely or possible. It is very possible the tweet isn't accurate either, even if translated correctly, but worth talking about I think.

At least when I saw the tweet originally it is what made me fear reboot the most. Although I currently don't think reboot is likely, I do have very little confidence that old characters will be revisited. Why would the animator talk about imagining/thinking about what the characters in the SM cast were doing if they were going to be included in the new anime? I guess we could assume that at first new characters won't be revisited and maybe episodes that are yet to be made yet would include them, but I just don't think it seems likely. I feel like people are pretty much grasping at straws when they assume old characters will be revisited, considering the recent track record of returning to old locations is essentially the opposite. (oh and I figure I better clarify, old characters being revisited is something I would love immensely, so I'm not trying to dampen hopes because I don't want it, I just think its not worth getting hopes up)

Also the idea that people will have trouble accepting the new series, it makes me wonder if things are going to be more different than the majority of people here speculate. Everyone has been speculating a series with the new parameters we know are different, but then frequently filling in blanks with similarities to the past. There are still a lot of questions to be answered, and probably not worth spending too much time thinking about since we are so close to knowing anyway, but I just wonder if some stuff is going to be bizarrely different. Some concerns I have have to do with Go catching all Pokemon having a lot of hypocrisy, traveling between locations instantly where episodes don't really connect to each other on the whole, dropping of certain elements we are used to, and a huge potential for other changes we haven't considered.

Anyway, not really trying to make an argument here, just trying to bring this old information up in context of the new information we have, and see what people think.

Last edited:
Some concerns I have have to do with Go catching all Pokemon having a lot of hypocrisy, traveling between locations instantly where episodes don't really connect to each other on the whole, dropping of certain elements we are used to, and a huge potential for other changes we haven't considered.
This is probably what concerns me the most as well. "Gotta catch 'em all" would be somewhat feasible if we were back at the start of the franchise with only 151 - especially since you can subtract evolutions and you could roll several Pokémon captures into one episode such as the Safari Park. But as things are now I just don't see how they'll pull it off in a convincing way, it feels like a Catch-22 situation where they'll either try and get around it some way or they do try and do it but it'll be boring to watch.

As for traveling between locations, that has me concerned as the old seasons typically did every location of interest in each Region, so why are we seeing them again? What purpose is there to retreading old ground again if there isn't something captivating narrative-wise to carry it? The answer to that question will likely make or break my interest in watching episodes set in old Regions.

This is probably what concerns me the most as well. "Gotta catch 'em all" would be somewhat feasible if we were back at the start of the franchise with only 151 - especially since you can subtract evolutions and you could roll several Pokémon captures into one episode such as the Safari Park. But as things are now I just don't see how they'll pull it off in a convincing way, it feels like a Catch-22 situation where they'll either try and get around it some way or they do try and do it but it'll be boring to watch.

As for traveling between locations, that has me concerned as the old seasons typically did every location of interest in each Region, so why are we seeing them again? What purpose is there to retreading old ground again if there isn't something captivating narrative-wise to carry it? The answer to that question will likely make or break my interest in watching episodes set in old Regions.
Only ''Gatta Catch 'em All'' was the fault of Nintendo of America for marketing in the west, in Japanese, it's simply ''Get Pokemon!'' That's it.

What would you think the Gen 8 Gym Badges be called.

Milo's could be called the Harvest Badge
Nessa's could be the Tidal Badge
Bea's could be the Strike Badge
Allister's could be the Spectre Badge

Can anyone think of any other ideas for possible names?

I think that G
What would you think the Gen 8 Gym Badges be called.

Milo's could be called the Harvest Badge
Nessa's could be the Tidal Badge
Bea's could be the Strike Badge
Allister's could be the Spectre Badge

Can anyone think of any other ideas for possible names?
I think that the Gym Badges will just be named after whatever town or city the Gym is located in.

I think that G

I think that the Gym Badges will just be named after whatever town or city the Gym is located in.
Yeah it's like as if Gen 8 would mark the start of a new direction for the Pokemon franchise as a whole. Whether it's to do with it being on a Home Console, the Mobile games or the Reiwa Era in Japan, it does seem to feel that way. Where the old ends (Gen 1-7) and the new begins (Gen 8).

I'm really looking forward to episode 1 of the series, it will give us an idea what to expect in future episodes

Eevee will be Go's, hence promoting LGPE as well because they WOULD have to promote Kanto ALL the time.

Surely Sandy is the Eevee promoting Go

I'm really looking forward to episode 1 of the series, it will give us an idea what to expect in future episodes

Surely Sandy is the Eevee promoting Go
They can’t get enough of Eevee not Kanto, can they? Media today just isn’t even risking nor trying anymore. And Japan will be no different when some franchises already playing catch-up with western media with remakes and reboots, just for the temporal sake of nostalgia for money.

Moreover, if we saw Gardenia again, there’s also a good chance James’ Cacnea (who is probably a Cacturne by now) would show up again to. It’d be great to see James reunite with his old friend, even if only for one episode.

Part of me hopes James might reclaim Cacnea/Cacturne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom