• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An idea for a special is Mallow meeting Gardenia and together take Shaymin to the area where the Glacideas grew. But along the way, they would be hunted down by Pokemon Hunter J, who somehow managed to survive Lake Valor and is hunting down Shaymin for a client. If released on 10th November, it would be close to J's 10 years of her demise.
But of course, the special will mostly be focused on Gladion and Lillie's father.

But still, it is an idea to say the least.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the credits listed 4 new writers? Deko Akao, Michihiro Tsuchiya, Reiko Yoshida and Touko Machida. I know Reiko's work. She wrote the Tokyo Mew Mew manga (someone else did the art) and the first two Digimon movies (both directed by Mamoru Hosoda). As for the rest, two of them, Jun'ichi Fujisaku and Yuka Miyata, joined the writing team with Sun and Moon, another two, Atsuhiro Tomioka and Aya Matsui, were formally head writers, and one, Shoji Yonemura, is the current head writer.

There are other writers that are not listed, of course. I'm just intrigued by all this new talent.

Last edited:
I think it'll be a mix of all. SM plays tracks from all over the anime including XY, AG .etc.

Though I hope that for each region, the respective gens soundtrack plays the most (Hoenn's trumpets, Sinnoh's piano jazz .etc.).

SM only plays music from XY series and forward. (or is it BW too? can't remember).

The reason you hear old AG music for example is because they also play music from the recent movies, and there were old Kanto/Johto/AG remixes in those.

I believe they’ve used XY remixes of BW songs but I could be wrong.

With a new person in charge of music I could see another music reset like we got in Best Wishes, especially because the style seems different.

If we have to go with the Pokemon Camp Area, and take it as a clue. Here's what'll likely be for the anime. (And that's if the female companions return in the anime)

Gou would have Scorbunny and Eevee

Ash would have Pikachu and Sobble

Possibly Gloria or a Galar female character would have Grookey and Morpeko.

I have no idea what they're saying, but <3

Translations courtesy of Dephender on Serebii:

Megumi Hayashibara, voice of Musashi: We'll be on cleaning duty in the corner, we'll occasionally get messed up and have our hair burned off while trying to get Pikachu, and Nyarth will even dress up as a Kimawari if you want him to! I just really love that we Rocket Gang members got to butt our heads into this new "Pocket Monsters" world as well. (laughs)
Shinichiro Miki, voice of Kojiro: I've been asking for opinions on how you guys would like to see the Rocket Gang act in the future! (laughs) In this new series we'll sometimes disguise ourselves as the opposite sex, something you've been asking for over and over. There's also going to be this really "fun" bit during our introduction, so I want you to look forward to that too.
Inuko Inuyama, voice of Nyarth: Since the Rocket Gang trio aren't characters from the video games, I believe they'll get more and more attention and active roles if you speak up and make it clear you want them to, so please, please make sure to keep supporting them! (laughs) Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Translations courtesy of Dephender on Serebii:

Megumi Hayashibara, voice of Musashi: We'll be on cleaning duty in the corner, we'll occasionally get messed up and have our hair burned off while trying to get Pikachu, and Nyarth will even dress up as a Kimawari if you want him to! I just really love that we Rocket Gang members got to butt our heads into this new "Pocket Monsters" world as well. (laughs)
Shinichiro Miki, voice of Kojiro: I've been asking for opinions on how you guys would like to see the Rocket Gang act in the future! (laughs) In this new series we'll sometimes disguise ourselves as the opposite sex, something you've been asking for over and over. There's also going to be this really "fun" bit during our introduction, so I want you to look forward to that too.
Inuko Inuyama, voice of Nyarth: Since the Rocket Gang trio aren't characters from the video games, I believe they'll get more and more attention and active roles if you speak up and make it clear you want them to, so please, please make sure to keep supporting them! (laughs) Thank you in advance!
This Screams OS-DP TR with them appearing in every episode. It can be good if done right but be terrible if done wrong.

This Screams OS-DP TR with them appearing in every episode. It can be good if done right but be terrible if done wrong.

Team Rocket ruined quite a few gym battles back in the Original Series, they interrupted Cerluean, Celadon and Fuschia so i hope they are absent from episodes still, that was a redeeming factor during the last few series

Megumi Hayashibara, voice of Musashi: We'll be on cleaning duty in the corner, we'll occasionally get messed up and have our hair burned off while trying to get Pikachu, and Nyarth will even dress up as a Kimawari if you want him to!
What does that mean? Will they work in the school, as I expected from SM?

DP? Sure. OS? Nope.

They were downright intolerable during OS, going so far as to ruining Ash's Gym matches and interfering during the League and other moments that would have been otherwise better off without their appearance. I still hold them mostly responsible for his Indigo loss. At least in DP they actually cheered him on and stuck to the sidelines, and weren't outright jerks.

So the new series is going to be a sort of DP 2.0.

I do hope we get another ruthless villain like J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom