• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have been great to see, just a shame it was banned after that devastating Earthquake and Tsunami, a highlight of Black and White was the more serious Team Rocket with Giovanni getting more action
Perhaps the new series will make up for it since there are no rival evil teams to face except for Team Yell, and yet they are like Team Skull.

I'm just saying that you can only do so much with Nostalgia before the novelty begins to wear off. Perhaps with Kanto we could fix certain things, along with the other Regions.

How would exploring their backstories become a novelty?

Some of the best episodes in the entire series (and they are not just in Kanto) are the Team Rocket focused episodes. IMO, they should definitely do more focus episodes regarding the Trio (that continues to flesh them out as characters), instead of having them being portrayed as jobbers for Ash and friends to beat on a daily basis.

The other interesting thing is how freedom from the game’s plot and therefore more scope for original story telling is mentioned. Wonder what that will pan out to look like.

Honestly, this is what I am most excited about when it comes to the new series.

Last edited:
Some of the best episodes in the entire series (and they are not just in Kanto) are the Team Rocket focused episodes. IMO, they should definitely do more of focus episodes regarding the Trio that continues to flesh them out as characters instead of having them being portrayed as jobbers for Ash and friends to beat on a daily basis.
What child me expected when I read online there would be an episode explaining why Meowth can talk: silly comedy
What child me got: suddenly starts raining indoors for no clear reason.

The summary for SM146 includes ''We also have an important announcement regarding the new anime series!''

Hopefully it will be something exciting than what we've had recently

The summary for SM146 includes ''We also have an important announcement regarding the new anime series!''

Hopefully it will be something exciting than what we've had recently
Satoshi has made a huge decision. But then something appears before him... What is it?!
Satoshi has made a huge decision about his future. However, he hasn't been able to tell the others at the Pokémon School. But then a Pokémon he remembers well appears before him...
Ho-oh?

I don't believe it. I mean, the decision should already be go back to kanto. Not something that changes what he first decided and then kanto.
You clearly missed the bold quotes. The description of Ash for the next series states a "certain encounter", the summary for SM146 states a Pokemon from his past appearing before him.

The only logical one would be Ho-oh.

You clearly missed the bold quotes. The description of Ash for the next series states a "certain encounter", the summary for SM146 states a Pokemon from his past appearing before him.

The only logical one would be Ho-oh.
Hadn't seen Ho-oh in the anime since AG, and is probably flying back to Kanto.

Something based on GF's latest interview.

Timeline is not important, it's the Regions
Regions is not important, it's the Pokemon
Pokemon is not important, it's the Merch
Merch is not important, it's the Money

It's going to be one big Nostalgia trip through the past six series with Galar as an extra bonus.

It'll be Ash going back to the past 7 Regions with Galar being saved till last. I hope Galar does get shown before then.

Last edited:
The evidence has been stacking up for a while, but the encounter thing finalises in my mind that this is not going to be the reboot many of us were fearing. Now I feel I can really get on with being excited :giggle:
Not only does a reboot seem incredibly unlikely at this point, this looks like it could end up being the most continuity heavy series since Johto ended.
*Ash has an encounter, likely with Ho-Oh, that's seemingly going to influence his goal in the new series (to "become the best battler").
*Showing old regions and Pokémon.
*Instead of a new name based off the latest game it's just "Pocket Monsters" again.
*Bringing back old Team Rocket jokes and discussion among their VA about bringing up their backstory more. (It's unlikely but it would be sweet if Meowth's story came full circle and he meets a Pokémon he gets into a relation with because they find his human traits interesting)

It's always best to be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed when it comes to "hype cycle", but I have never been more curious about a new Pokémon series before. Whatever complaints people have about Sun/Moon, it left the status quo in shattered pieces on the floor.

My only concern is that they would do little for Galar at all, and by the time they would, would instead be focusing on the Gen 9 Region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom