• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure episode count will be a concern; one huge advantage of the new series from a writer standpoint is that if it's not covering a single region they don't need to rush to get a storyline done so they can move Ash on to the next region in time. Tobias in particular feels a lot like "we only have a few episodes before we start the black and white series just get this league over with", for instance.

This is all theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if future series' will also be "Pocket Monsters" rather than something more specific.

Gou is from Galar, this series will last three years or they'll write out Gou when Gen 9 comes out and continue it.
Or Gou is from Kanto who happens to have a Galar Pokemon. Similar to how Serena is from Kanto, even though she's the female player to Kalos

It's going to be one big Nostalgia trip through the past six series with Galar as an extra bonus.

Man I sure hope so!

I've said it before, but I really think that if this show can find a way to appeal to both old and new fans, they'd really be hitting a home run. I'm not against new regions, new characters, or new Pokemon (I love them, in fact) but I've never understood why they don't revisit old regions, characters, or Pokemon that much. I understand why they aren't main characters anymore, but if they brought them back more often as guests, they'd be able to draw in older fans who haven't watch the series in a while, while also introducing them to people who are just getting into the series with the new characters.

Ho-Oh was my first thought as well, especially since Ash's description for this series talks about a certain encounter (which I also felt was about Ho-Oh). Regardless, it does sound like this series continues on from SM...big sigh of relief there for me!

Its possible Gamefreak realized they need more time now they are developing new generations on the Switch and we basically go from at least 3 years between generations to at least 4 years between generations. This allows them for more breakyears as well and maybe this is the reason TPCI has opted to go the all region route in the anime.

Or Gou is from Kanto who happens to have a Galar Pokemon. Similar to how Serena is from Kanto, even though she's the female player to Kalos

Serena isn't from Kanto though. She went to a summer camp in Kanto when she was little, but I don't recall either the anime or the games stating that Serena was originally from a different region.

Serena isn't from Kanto though. She went to a summer camp in Kanto when she was little, but I don't recall either the anime or the games stating that Serena was originally from a different region.
I stopped watching Pokemon from DP till SM. So how would I know?

Last edited:
Praying we finally get something animated tomorrow!!! Even if it's just Satoshi standing with Pikachu I want to see how this artstyle looks in motion.

By taking about ten seconds to look it up online? You really shouldn't make claims about something if you haven't even watched it.

It is pretty easy to look up information about the anime characters online. You wouldn't even need to watch a full XY episode to confirm where Serena comes from. Besides that, I'm not sure why you claim that Serena was from Kanto if you never saw XY in the first place. It seems so strange to make claims about a series that you admitted that you haven't watched.

How do they expect us the want to see the series if they don't show us anything? I mean we are 3 weeks before the airing and we haven't see anything in action yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom