• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. In the latest episode, Ash seems confused about his next step but thanks to Olivia, he decides to travel the world which is pretty much the synopsis of the new series.

For such a big SM fanboy, you don't seem to pay much attention to it and only use it as an excuse to bash previous series.
To be fair I don't think the subs are even out so most have yet too watch unless the know Japanese

It would've been better if they didn't make Gen 8 tbh, and instead just have the 7 Regions. Have Gou with an Eevee and the girl with a Growlithe and just call it a day. Just promote remakes and not have a new one until they've come to the right time.

I just feel like Galar is being left out here. And I've been concern since Masters since they've been hyping that more than SwSh where they hardly got anything? My hopes for a British based Region, and what they just did was stuck a knife through it's back and aborted it before it even had a chance to shine.

I understand why they're doing this. What's Ash to do now that he's Champion of Alola, even though he said being Champion was one step from him becoming Pokemon Master. I wanted to get back to Pokemon, ever since DP. But now I'm beginning to see why I've jumped ship during DP, and the reason was because of the money, and how much they care about that more than what they love to create.

Sorry for having a love-hate relationship, I am trying to love it, but all these radical changes is something I cannot cope and grasp here.

Firstly, welcome to the group

Secondly, you have a point there. I don't understand Japanese so am only guessing what they're saying so I assume Olivia suggested Ash travel the world
Thanks but yeah I checked Bulbapedia and that is what she said. I tend to watch with a friend who knows Japanaese and she pretty much translates as we watch I keep hearing rumors that Crunchyroll is fighting to get the series for official subs but not sure if that is fake or if they are just running into trouble.

It would've been better if they didn't make Gen 8 tbh, and instead just have the 7 Regions. Have Gou with an Eevee and the girl with a Growlithe and just call it a day. Just promote remakes and not have a new one until they've come to the right time.

I just feel like Galar is being left out here. And I've been concern since Masters since they've been hyping that more than SwSh where they hardly got anything? My hopes for a British based Region, and what they just did was stuck a knife through it's back and aborted it before it even had a chance to shine.

I understand why they're doing this. What's Ash to do now that he's Champion of Alola, even though he said being Champion was one step from him becoming Pokemon Master. I wanted to get back to Pokemon, ever since DP. But now I'm beginning to see why I've jumped ship during DP, and the reason was because of the money, and how much they care about that more than what they love to create.

Sorry for having a love-hate relationship, I am trying to love it, but all these radical changes is something I cannot cope and grasp here.
This reeks of personal bias and negativity.

Galar does not need a lot of episodes. If they only do 52 episodes for Galar that is enough. Only regions get the amount of episodes they do is to stretch it out 3 to 4 years but all the regions could be done in 52 episodes. The pacing might seem fast but the anime pacing as always been really weird to begin with

Galar does not need a lot of episodes. If they only do 52 episodes for Galar that is enough. Only regions get the amount of episodes they do is to stretch it out 3 to 4 years but all the regions could be done in 52 episodes. The pacing might seem fast but the anime pacing as always been really weird to begin with
But the other 7 Regions have already have their chance to shine, and children today can easily find them online. Yet Galar never has a chance.

I get it, I get why they're doing it. It's for the children today to catch up on the old series that they weren't around to see.

Galar does not need a lot of episodes.
It’s literally the most recent thing and needs to be promoted though. The anime is a commercial for the franchise and Galar's the one that’s in the limelight currently. I’m pretty sure it’ll get more screentime than regions like... say Hoenn or Johto.

They can do a kanto 5 episodes only, just to set the base and then go to galar and do everything as it was before until the league and everything, being Galar the first region of the new anime.

It’s literally the most recent thing and needs to be promoted though. The anime is a commercial for the franchise and Galar's the one that’s in the limelight currently.
That was what it used to be clearly they want to move away from that and explore more of the lore and other things. Not sure why the adults fans are being so hard headed but the fans under 17 and totally chill with the direction the series is going

It’s literally the most recent thing and needs to be promoted though. The anime is a commercial for the franchise and Galar's the one that’s in the limelight currently. I’m pretty sure it’ll get more screentime than regions like... say Hoenn or Johto.
The thing is is that the anime is clearing advertising the franchise as a whole, not just the new game. I still feel like it's a bit extreme to do this change?

That was what it used to be clearly they want to move away from that and explore more of the lore and other things. Not sure why the adults fans are being so hard headed but the fans under 17 and totally chill with the direction the series is going
For your information, I'm literally 17. And hardly a few people are being hard headed, but I'd say it’s a vocal (but an outspoken) minority on here.

Secondly, the entire reason the anime exists is to market the series, they’re branching out, but they’re still marketing. They may take a more unique approach, but that doesn’t mean Galar would have a largely reduced role compared to an irrelevant region: if you notice Gou has a Galar starter and the professor's daughter has a Yamper- both from Galar.

They need to sell Galar merch. It’s a really safe bet to say that Galar will get more focus than something not at all relevant like Hoenn currently. Kanto might get sizeable focus, but I still think it'll be second to Galar.

The new setup allows them to change focuses quite easily, maybe hypothetically increasing Sinnoh focus when the remakes come along.

For your information, I'm literally 17. And hardly a few people are being hard headed, but I'd say it’s a vocal (but an outspoken) minority on here.

Secondly, the entire reason the anime exists is to market the series, they’re branching out, but they’re still marketing. They may take a more unique approach, but that doesn’t mean Galar would have a largely reduced role compared to an irrelevant region: if you notice Gou has a Galar starter and the professor's daughter has a Yamper- both from Galar.
They need to sell Galar merch.

Going to stop talking to you since you clearly are missing my point and I'm not wasting more time on you-_-

Going to stop talking to you since you clearly are missing my point and I'm not wasting more time on you-_-
You literally don’t explain any other underlying points other than what sounds like an age-group based rant, so I guess it’s for the better.

Not being rude to random people on a public forum when someone posts something you don’t agree with would help, though.

I don’t think it’s rational to say that Galar would get as much/less attention than the other regions. It literally goes against the purpose of the anime. This approach allows them to change focuses easily, and Galar's the one that needs promoting right now.

The other regions will get focus but I think Galar would have a little more than the rest of them.
To be clear I'm not against this approach, just addressing the hysteria on people fearing Galar might not be promoted. I need to see more to deduce whether or not I like it.

I'm very interested, but at the same time, very concerned, as if I have been betrayed or given a bad deal (please don't ask, there's so much climate nowadays that it doesn't belong on this forum). The only gripe I have for this new series is.... why?

Why is this the focus? The problem here is that they refuse to tell us why, only that this will be shown for us to find out. You might as well not show us the new series and instead leave it till November 17th. And not sell strategy guides until the following week from release.

And the sad thing is, is that it's this keeping us in the dark thing they're doing is causing us to be divided as a community, when it shouldn't have to be.

Is the way that they're handling the promotion for the new series really causing a division within the online community? I see more cases of people just being impatient and frustrated with the minimal information more than anything else. To be fair, I think that those reactions are understandable, but at the same time, I think that some of the reactions are a bit much. We'll still get information about the series at some point. I'd prefer it sooner rather than later for multiple reasons myself, but saying that keeping up in the dark is just dividing the online community just feels like a huge exaggeration.

This seems like a pretty big negative assumption based off of nothing. We don't know how much Galar will be promoted, so it's a bit early to say that it's being left out. Even with the basic premise of the new series in mind, I imagine that they want to promote the newest games to some extent at least given that two of the new characters have new Pokemon. I also really don't see how they've been hyping Masters more that Sword/Shield. Saying that we hardly got anything on the new generation is also rather confusing to me at this point, especially when I think a lot of fans do prefer that they aren't revealing over half of the new Pokemon before the new games come out.

The franchise has also always been more focused on money. This isn't really a new issue, especially when most businesses want to make a profit. This didn't suddenly happen with the anime either. The anime has always been primarily focused on promoting merchandise and games above everything else. It was created to help promote the games, so I don't see why that suddenly became more apparent to you during DP. All of your concerns just sound like exaggerations or big assumptions based on little to no information.

The thing is is that the anime is clearing advertising the franchise as a whole, not just the new game. I still feel like it's a bit extreme to do this change?

I don't see this change as extreme. It's a logical move and it's possible that the new anime surprises us in a good way.

Is the way that they're handling the promotion for the new series really causing a division within the online community? I see more cases of people just being impatient and frustrated with the minimal information more than anything else. To be fair, I think that those reactions are understandable, but at the same time, I think that some of the reactions are a bit much. We'll still get information about the series at some point. I'd prefer it sooner rather than later for multiple reasons myself, but saying that keeping up in the dark is just dividing the online community just feels like a huge exaggeration.

This seems like a pretty big negative assumption based off of nothing. We don't know how much Galar will be promoted, so it's a bit early to say that it's being left out. Even with the basic premise of the new series in mind, I imagine that they want to promote the newest games to some extent at least given that two of the new characters have new Pokemon. I also really don't see how they've been hyping Masters more that Sword/Shield. Saying that we hardly got anything on the new generation is also rather confusing to me at this point, especially when I think a lot of fans do prefer that they aren't revealing over half of the new Pokemon before the new games come out.

The franchise has also always been more focused on money. This isn't really a new issue, especially when most businesses want to make a profit. This didn't suddenly happen with the anime either. The anime has always been primarily focused on promoting merchandise and games above everything else. It was created to help promote the games, so I don't see why that suddenly became more apparent to you during DP. All of your concerns just sound like exaggerations or big assumptions based on little to no information.
Sorry, I just needed to get all that off my chest. I know how it feels to be betrayed, and I truly hate being left in the dark with no answers to why?
It's a business and we have to learn the hard way that the world is not your friend. It's never your friend. It's a friend to itself, and that's the naked truth of life we have cope and suffer here. I wanted Galar to be something special, but at this point, I do not know. They're advertising the franchise as a whole, not just the games as they used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom