• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally no basis to any part of your post.

Pokemon anime series usually have around 140 episodes, give or take.

Unlike past regions, Galar will be sharing screentime with seven other regions. There's not gonna be any time to flesh out Galar or give it proper focus.

And the people who are only interested in Galar will have no idea when the next Galar episode will be since it'll be all over the place.

Ash doesn't need to do the badge quest and there's not gonna be time for him to do it anyway without it feeling rushed. It'd basically be back to back gym battles with no journey to back them up or give them context.

A regional champion doesn't need to challenge gyms anymore.

By that same logic, Ash didn't need to keep challenging Gyms after he defeated the Battle Frontier. It wasn't a League victory, but getting the chance to become a new Frontier Brain is a pretty huge deal too. Besides that, Ash loves to travel and battle against other trainers, so he'd still want to take part in Gym battles.

According to the official description Ash is trying to become "the strongest battler". Leagues are where the best competition is, so avoiding them would be against his goal. I think we're still going to see the Galar league, if only because the Alola league feels almost intentionally set to a lower standard than previous ones, almost like easing Ash into winning them as part of his generally slow progression in the series.

Besides, I don't think most athletes/coaches retire after winning one regional tournament, especially a smaller one like Alola.

I mean he personally defeated Tapu Koko. I feel no reason to be invested in a badge quest anymore, it just feels doing it for the sake of just doing it. I would like if Ash practiced his battle skills in a different way than just challenging Gyms.

I mean he personally defeated Tapu Koko. I feel no reason to be invested in a badge quest anymore, it just feels doing it for the sake of just doing it. I would like if Ash practiced his battle skills in a different way than just challenging Gyms.
I don't disagree with your general point--honestly, the Battle Frontier already made it hard for me to consider a badge quest that interesting (maybe it was a dub-only line but I think Scott claimed the Frontier Brains were second only to the Elite Four) but I suspect they're going to have him enter the Galar gyms to show them off, especially with his goal this series specifically being about battling and Galar having battles being like major sporting events in the game. I could be wrong of course.

I don't disagree with your general point--honestly, the Battle Frontier already made it hard for me to consider a badge quest that interesting (maybe it was a dub-only line but I think Scott claimed the Frontier Brains were second only to the Elite Four) but I suspect they're going to have him enter the Galar gyms to show them off, especially with his goal this series specifically being about battling and Galar having battles being like major sporting events in the game. I could be wrong of course.
Yeah. There has to be a point where Ash stops challenging Gyms, if its not now then definitely in the future. I just feel like its a good opportunity to stop it considering the premise of the series. Ash can you know, go to Unova and see N with Reshiram and just battle him or something. There are other options than just "gyms"...

Yeah. There has to be a point where Ash stops challenging Gyms, if its not now then definitely in the future. I just feel like its a good opportunity to stop it considering the premise of the series. Ash can you know, go to Unova and see N with Reshiram and just battle him or something. There are other options than just "gyms"...

I don't really see why there has to be a point where Ash stops challenging Gyms. He loves to battle, so he'd want to take part in other Gyms and Leagues. Winning the Alola League doesn't mean he can't or would want to enter another League. He can do more than just challenge Gyms, which may happen during this series, but I don't think that Gyms are worthless either, especially when Ash still wants to be a strong battler.

I doubt Ash will ignore the gyms when he heads to Galar, the kid loves to battle. Obviously in older regions he will need to find other venues to battle (E4, Battle Frontier, Champion, et), but it's not in his character not to not want to challenge tough opponents. Plus at some point, I can't say when, but Galar will get the focus it deserves. And Galar is all about gym battles. Galar gym leaders are probably way tougher than usual gym leaders and I can see a really amazing arc about the Galar league that focuses on endorsements and brutal competition. I think the badge quest for Galar will be a bit faster so they can focus on post-league battles too, E4 and the champion and such. Remember, this series will probably continue indefinitely so there's no real rush this time.

Ash might get a Sobble after all. Dunno about Grookey though it might go to Koharu.

2dz5xx1ba9v31.jpg

I do think Ash is getting Sobble, but images aren’t really an indication of Ash getting anything. Before Sun/Moon I remember quite a few people were arguing that Ash will get only Rowlet and not Litten based on the poster.

Grookey is up in the air imo, I personally don’t think Ash’ll use it.

Judging by that image, Satoshi is getting a Zacian and Gou is getting a Zamazenta.
It can also be deduced that Gou first caught Grookey and then abused it so it ran away to train with Zamazenta.

Sobble would be great to use in battle, especially with the ability to turn invisible

Hopefully the cast lists will show more variety per episode instead of listing the same actor/actress playing the same character every week

I really hope this is an opportunity to give a bit more development to his older Pokémon. I’d like Bayleef to finally evolve, Gible could travel with him to give him an easy strong Pokémon.
It’s an exciting change for the anime, literally anything is possible.

Sobble is a great fit for Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom