• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash might get a Sobble after all. Dunno about Grookey though it might go to Koharu.

2dz5xx1ba9v31.jpg

Oh, so Ash is probably getting Soble? I expected both Grookey and Sobble going to Ash, but maybe he's getting only 1 starter again like he did in Hoenn and Kalos.

If Gou is getting Scorbunny and Ash Sobble, Grookey might go to Koharu which would be nice as the girls usually get the Fire or Water regional starter (not counting Bulbasaur as that was Kanto caught in Hoenn)

If Gou is getting Scorbunny and Ash Sobble, Grookey might go to Koharu which would be nice as the girls usually get the Fire or Water regional starter (not counting Bulbasaur as that was Kanto caught in Hoenn)
I would like to see Grookey go to Koharu for this reason. Besides May getting Bulbasaur (who technically wasn't a new starter, which is kind of how I count it), we have not seen a female companion get the grass type starter. While I'm not sure how well Grookey will fit with Koharu, because we hardly know anything about her, Sobble would be a really great Pokemon for Ash because Sobble is a sad lizard, who they could do a great lack of self-confidence theme with and then Ash working with it could help it grow some confidence.

I know Eevee is like Charizard these days and they just like sticking it in every merch, but I really hope that it is Gou's.

I'm not holding high hopes of Ash getting an Eevee after all this time, would be nice to see Gou as a male companion getting one as only the girls have received Eevee.

Wonder if there'll be a Galarian eeveelution

I'd advise against building your hopes up for seeing past companions or Pokemon. It is certainly not a big aspect of the series judging from the poster (why are all the starters unevolved but Charizard and Greninja, the latter lacking its form?).

Wonder if there'll be a Galarian eeveelution
I don't find that likely when they're promoting the Gigantamax Eevee that can't evolve. It'd also be a bit silly to use Sylveon in Galar-related art if a new Eeveelution existed.

I suspect that they don't have a good design for a new Eeveelution.

Last edited:
It seems like your link isn't working, DynamicFusion

Looks like the Box Mascots are showing up early again.

Let's just hope something comes of it....

^sigh^ I should've known there's be a lot of Kanto mon...
Just please tell me that that's Ash's Charizard, and some of those others belong to old friends (Gary's Blatoise, Tracey's Syther, etc. Oh, I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice)

Last edited:
I'd advise against building your hopes up for seeing past companions or Pokemon. It is certainly not a big aspect of the series judging from the poster (why are all the starters unevolved but Charizard and Greninja, the latter lacking its form?).
A complete series recap a week before the new series starts makes recurring characters and Pokemon seem very likely. We'll be reminded about all of Ash's old friends right before a series that sees Ash travelling back to all of those regions. If the series poster doesn't imply this it's probably because they're trying to surprise us. They only just revealed that Team Rocket would even appear. While the poster does show many unevolved Pokemon that Ash owns, it's still really obvious that there is a heavy emphasis on Pokemon he's caught or traveled with before. Every Kalos Pokemon on the poster has belonged to him or his group, and then Litten and Rowlet appear while Popplio is inexplicably missing.

Not to mention that Ash's SM classmates are mostly all travelling, which is a fairly obvious setup for future cameos. Now that the series is confirmed to be a continuation, the 2020 calendar is looking increasingly relevant. It already predicted that Scorbunny would be more prominently featured than the other Galar starters, and likely predicts the reappearance of Serena, the SM classmates, and more.

A complete series recap a week before the new series starts makes recurring characters and Pokemon seem very likely. We'll be reminded about all of Ash's old friends right before a series that sees Ash travelling back to all of those regions. If the series poster doesn't imply this it's probably because they're trying to surprise us. They only just revealed that Team Rocket would even appear. While the poster does show many unevolved Pokemon that Ash owns, it's still really obvious that there is a heavy emphasis on Pokemon he's caught or traveled with before. Every Kalos Pokemon on the poster has belonged to him or his group, and then Litten and Rowlet appear while Popplio is inexplicably missing.

Not to mention that Ash's SM classmates are mostly all travelling, which is a fairly obvious setup for future cameos. Now that the series is confirmed to be a continuation, the 2020 calendar is looking increasingly relevant. It already predicted that Scorbunny would be more prominently featured than the other Galar starters, and likely predicts the reappearance of Serena, the SM classmates, and more.
XY had one as well, as far as I know.

XY had one as well, as far as I know.

It did and XY barely had any call backs.

Using that as proof that old characters are returning is a big assumption.

Anyway, if they wanted to make it clear that old characters are returning, they would be a ton more references on the poster and not in calendars. The first assumption many fans had when they said we would be going to all the regions was that old characters would return. They know this and if it was a big theme for this series, they would be would marketing the hell out of it. The poster doesn't really do that. Piplup, Croagunk, and the Kanto trio are really the only ones that are illustrated in a way that you can say "Yeah, that might be Ash's, Dawn's, or Brock's".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom