• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that they'll cut out the SW/SH characters completely, that's just wasting pre-made assets. Making new characters (Sakuragi and Koharu) for Ash to meet in Kanto is one thing but I suspect when Ash & Gou eventually reach Galar then the anime will introduce Prof. Magnolia, Sonia, Leon and all the others. :unsure:
Yeah. I don't think that they would completely do away with using the game characters in favor of anime OCs.

I was thinking maybe Ash could have a rotating Pokemon party consisting of his previous captures with Pikachu and the Galar Pokemon being the permanent members.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work in terms of story structure. Are they going to visit a region for one episode? An arc? An entire half-season?

I just hope they won't visit the same regions in different episode. I mean like this: 1 to Kalos, then 1 to Kanto, then again one in Kalos

I didn't even consider the possibility of this Pichu being Ash's Pikachu in the past! If that ends up being the case, I'll be flipping out with joy! That's something I've wanted to be explored for years now!

It will be great to watch, hopefully shed some light on its reluctance to go into Poke Balls

I wonder how they will all do this. I think they can't offort to let Ash lose now from this point because he is the Champion of the Alola League. I hope Ash actually gains something if travelling the world.

Since he will obviously start a new team, it would not be awkward to lose with inexperienced Pokemon.

I wonder how they will all do this. I think they can't offort to let Ash lose now from this point because he is the Champion of the Alola League. I hope Ash actually gains something if travelling the world.

Obviously, they can let Ash afford to lose, but they can only afford him to lose against a character that is properly build-up before a league (Paul for example, would be able to defeat him, and it would be justified, same with Harrisson).

Also, I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work in terms of story structure. Are they going to visit a region for one episode? An arc? An entire half-season?

It's kind of difficult to tell at this point, but if I remember correctly when Professor Sakuragi and his Institue were revealed to be in Vermillion City they used a word like "home base" (I'm not sure how properly I am remembering this, it might have been a different word). This immediately gave me the idea that they would be constantly traveling back and forth from their home base to different regions. Just basing off that, and their travels, I want to say it can be anywhere from just an episode to visit an area of a certain region to several episodes focusing on possibly a bigger event in this area. It would simply depend on what they are doing there.

But it's still too early to really tell. All I hope for is that we get to see Galar decently early on, or at least a good amount of Galar Pokemon. After ll while the anime might not entirely focus on the game they are promoting now, they do have to put a bit of focus on the new game.

I just hope he doesn't end up losing to an inexperienced Pokemon like Snivy that Trip just got from Juniper, that was one of his worst defeats
Pikachu was incapable of pulling off his Electric-type moves. In the beginning, he found that out and wasted time by getting damage. Later on, he had only Quick Attack and Iron Tail to rely on, while Snivy was capable of a really cool move such as Leaf Tornado.

Pikachu was incapable of pulling off his Electric-type moves. In the beginning, he found that out and wasted time by getting damage. Later on, he had only Quick Attack and Iron Tail to rely on, while Snivy was capable of a really cool move such as Leaf Tornado.
But it still made no sense, since Snivy was completely inexperienced, while Pikachu, even with limited moves at the time, had four regions' worth of experience behind him.

But it still made no sense, since Snivy was completely inexperienced, while Pikachu, even with limited moves at the time, had four regions' worth of experience behind him.
Yeah, people say levels don't exist in the anime but power differences do: see Charizard vs Casey's Pokémon in early Johto, where if I recall correctly he knocks Pidgey out by blowing on it.
Even without electricity Pikachu should have simply been too fast and too skilled for a newbie Snivy to land a blow or dodge once they realize something's up and use a non-electric move.

But they wanted Trip to be Paul but also a new trainer for...some reason?

Edit: This got deleted by accident but I don't think Ash is gonna reset like that again. Xy and Sun/Moon didn't do anything like that, as I recall (Pikachu got wrecked by Mimikyu but Mimikyu was a wild Pokémon and a ghost--it could have a century of experience for all we know).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom