• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But probably less training than the Latios Pikachu had tied with just a few "days" before. Snivy was only the most exaggerated example, but there are tons of examples of Pikachu's defense/stamina varying wildly. Pikachu had just tanked a bunch of crazy powerful moves from a legendary Latios, so regardless of his offensive ability for that particular battle, it should have at the very least taken a lot longer for Snivy to knock him out. Even if Zekrom is the excuse for all of this, and Zekrom not only caused Pikachu to not use electric moves, but also lose vast amounts of stamina, the writers certainly should have known better that this was going to really piss people off (granted there are a lot of things about BW they should have known would piss people off). All they really had to do was make Trip not a beginner and this not be his first ever battle, problem solved, not only here, but improves their rivalry vastly (although he's still a wispy shadow of Paul).

Wow I really hope not, I really hope some aspect of traveling returns, where there is at least some level of challenge in getting around some of the time, and that episodes lead into and relate to one another.

On a separate note, i'm getting a little worried that Koharu is just going to be at the lab most of the time and not be a big part of the adventures, because of the recent posters/whatever that merchandise was above. That would be fairly disappointing to me, because I'm hoping she will be a full member of the group and build relationships/dynamics with the others on a full-time basis, as well as grow while traveling and bond with new Pokemon. With all we know about Go, he is striking me as bland, and I'm not optimistic about his goal, so I was really hoping Koharu would get a little more limelight. Really, with everything that has been revealed, Go is probably the one thing I'm not excited about, if it wasn't for him, I think I would be massively excited about this new series and all the potential.

That being said, I'm still really excited. I think I've decided to watch subs consistently for the first time with this series (while still watching dub too). It may have taken really disliking the last series to finally be excited enough about the beginning of a new one (because I'm normally just sad about losing the old series), but I don't think I can wait until March to watch this, I'll just have to set aside enough time for me to do all my rewinding. I still don't want to get my hopes up too much over continuity, because even if it seems like it could happen, I still could see it not happening, but even without continuity we already have some great confirmations, like how Trio will be, as well as getting to see old regions and some adventure returning, so I have to admit I'm pretty excited on the whole.
It was already confirmed Ash & Gou are traveling on their own. The First Trailer outright says "This Time we have Double-Protagonists!" the Initial Poster even shows only Ash & Gou in Every Region.

It was already confirmed Ash & Gou are traveling on their own. The First Trailer outright says "This Time we have Double-Protagonists!" the Initial Poster even shows only Ash & Gou in Every Region.

I don't think that means it's confirmed that Ash and Go are traveling on their own. Ash and Dawn were basically the co-protagonists in DP, but we still had Brock, who wasn't featured until the third poster for the series. Even using the initial poster is pretty shaky logic. Team Rocket wasn't featured in the poster and they're still going to be in the new series. There was a small image of what looked like Team Rocket's Meowth being carried by Dragonite, but it wasn't featured heavily on the poster. I just don't understand why people are taking what is just a small teaser image of the new series as such solid proof of who will be in the main cast.

I don't think that means it's confirmed that Ash and Go are traveling on their own. Ash and Dawn were basically the co-protagonists in DP, but we still had Brock, who wasn't featured until the third poster for the series. Even using the initial poster is pretty shaky logic. Team Rocket wasn't featured in the poster and they're still going to be in the new series. There was a small image of what looked like Team Rocket's Meowth being carried by Dragonite, but it wasn't featured heavily on the poster. I just don't understand why people are taking what is just a small teaser image of the new series as such solid proof of who will be in the main cast.
Nothing negative but I had a feeling you would quote me lol.

They may show one episode of ash then alternatively of gou.

At least that way we could get some ShSw focus while Ash promotes the mobile games.

Though we'll have to see. It sounds too much like they'll be together.

Besides, do you REALLY want Ash by himself? :oops:

Doubt it, since Ash cannot carry the show on his own. He needs at least one or two companions with him.
Alone? No. But he has Pikachu and those two together potentially can. Throw in his Pokemon, whether new or old, and even returning companions being rotated.
I wonder if there will be an evil team this time around
Rainbow Rocket? I mean, Team Rocket has been secretly operating and filling the power vacumns left by the absence of previous villainous groups.

I really hate how some people still use Pikachu's loss to Snivy as an excuse to make Ash look like a bad Trainer.

I know, right? For example, I once saw a YT comment saying “Ash defeated Tapu Koko only to lose to a level 5 Snivy,” and I was just like “...dude. That happened MORE THAN 9 YEARS BEFORE he fought Tapu Koko.”

Ash losing to Trip in that fight was dumb as heck, but the way people STILL use it as a way to judge Ash’s overall skill while ignoring LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE pisses me off. Sometimes, I wonder if they’re actually being serious or if they’re just saying a popular meme to look cool.

I do wonder what Team Rocket will play this series, a summary for SM146 shows ''Meanwhile, the Rocket Gang has been contacted by Headquarters, and appear to be troubled by something...''

I know, right? For example, I once saw a YT comment saying “Ash defeated Tapu Koko only to lose to a level 5 Snivy,” and I was just like “...dude. That happened MORE THAN 9 YEARS BEFORE he fought Tapu Koko.”

Ash losing to Trip in that fight was dumb as heck, but the way people STILL use it as a way to judge Ash’s overall skill while ignoring LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE pisses me off. Sometimes, I wonder if they’re actually being serious or if they’re just saying a popular meme to look cool.

I hate when I see these comments and think these people are not able to think or dead in the brain or something? But I think it's what you said, saying a popular meme to make a funny comment, what dumbasses.

I wonder if there will be an evil team this time around

Aye, there's the rub.

The problem with going back to old regions is that the villain teams' stories are over, so whatcha gonna do for antgonism?

I for one am hoping the TRio are good as they are in SM or XY. (I prefer they be even better, but that might be asking too much). Hopefully some more Team Rocket members can show up too.

There's Team Yell, but they look even more pathetic than Team Skull. On a related note, I'm scared they'd be a copy and paste of what the show JUST did to TS...
(unless, of course, there's another villain in SwSh to be revealed later)

And, of course, the Show making its own bad guys to keep Ash-tachii busy. Let's just hope they're some good ones this time instead of just more evil COTDs...

Aye, there's the rub.

The problem with going back to old regions is that the villain teams' stories are over, so whatcha gonna do for antgonism?

I for one am hoping the TRio are good as they are in SM or XY. (I prefer they be even better, but that might be asking too much). Hopefully some more Team Rocket members can show up too.

There's Team Yell, but they look even more pathetic than Team Skull. On a related note, I'm scared they'd be a copy and paste of what the show JUST did to TS...
(unless, of course, there's another villain in SwSh to be revealed later)

And, of course, the Show making its own bad guys to keep Ash-tachii busy. Let's just hope they're some good ones this time instead of just more evil COTDs...
To be fair, Team Skull and Team Yell are not your typical 'teams'. One is a close knit group of outcasts and the loser types who strive for attention by trying to be nuisances. The other is a toxic (and possibly self-appointed) fanclub.

I hope they keep building up on Team Rocket. They've been far too much in the background and shadowed through most of the anime. And as for anime original villains, why not? There was Hunter J and she was as real threat, though they should tone down future villains as bit and make them operate within anime rules. For example, Hunter J had Salamence spam Hyper Beam without the Pokemon needing to rest or tiring out from overusing as powerful attack. Making people overpowered just for the a of plot is stupid.

I'll be honest, I'm still rather disappointed at the lack of information around the anime series and the games, we don't know a lot at present

I read in an interview related to the games they were doing that on purpose (hiding and drip feed information) so people could be surprised and enjoy, maybe they're applying the same to the anime...

I read in an interview related to the games they were doing that on purpose (hiding and drip feed information) so people could be surprised and enjoy, maybe they're applying the same to the anime...

Interesting, well the lack of information certainly has me curious and excited, lets just hope the end result leaves it justified

Interesting, well the lack of information certainly has me curious and excited, lets just hope the end result leaves it justified
Well, it has me just curious. I mean, if they gave more info people would really be looking forward to see it when it airs. But with them not giving any info they make me feel more like "well, I won't care to watch it live, I'll rather visit Bulbapedia some time after the episode airs to see what has actually happened".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom